Hans Zimmer Appreciation Thread

Koray Savas

On Stranger Tides may be one big pile of shit, but "Mermaids", even though also derivative, is in my book the best theme Zimmer did for Pirates.

On Stranger Tides may be one big pile of shit, but "Mermaids", even though also derivative, is in my book the best theme Zimmer did for Pirates.

I likes his Davy Jones organ theme. Only thing I can remember.

• 1 month later...

Hah, he can't even do a concert without minions :)

Obviously it's all in the name of PR. I just wish he'd present his music... just him.

So you just want him to go on stage and hit a play button? Or did you expect him to conduct an orchestra like WIlliams? I'm confused as to what you were expecting.

Obviously it's all in the name of PR. I just wish he'd present his music... just him.

So you just want him to go on stage and hit a play button? Or did you expect him to conduct an orchestra like WIlliams? I'm confused as to what you were expecting.

Conducting an orchestra would be nice.

More to the point, I wish he wouldn't base the PR around all the 'special guests' he's bringing. I really don't care about those.

Frankly I vastly prefer him at the keyboard, actively participating in the music, to him doing a quasi-conducting arm waving thing. You know, the kind of thing that is actually his element/relevant to his style of musicianship.

• 1 month later...

More to the point, I wish he wouldn't base the PR around all the 'special guests' he's bringing. I really don't care about those.

But there would be no music without his ghostwriters.

Yeah. That stuff was very un-Dude.

I reckon this score was written with younger generation in mind. As such, I appreciate all its self-serving quirks.

Karol

But there would be no music without his ghostwriters.

total nonsense !

t

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is simply amazing stuff, it might easily become among my top favorite of Hansy's work -and Badelt for that matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR6rpW_ucbM

Anyone know if the movie is any good? I know is Herzog, but sometimes he's hit and miss with his commercial films, unlike his documentaries, which so far I've adored all the ones that I've seen.

• 2 months later...

Towards the end, these assholes make it sound like doing film music concerts without showing the film is a major new concept. Especially the guy who says he wants to hear film music within the film, but Zimmer, oooooh, that's something completely different!

:worship:

:pukeface:

7 years and 15 pages, I guess some people have a misguided appreciation for him.

Because I have a vague hope that someday, something will come from Zimmer's mouth or computer that is of vague integrity without bullshit.