The OFFICIAL Indy IV Score Thread

chinaismine

I will stand by Joeinar untill death, however wrong and moronic he might be!

as well you should since your point of view regarding this upcoming score is rather bleak, and you have an even darker opinion of John's works in the 2000's than I have.

What the heck is going on this place?

Where's the maturity of your people?

The score isn't out, not even samples of it, why in hell are people already freaking out?

Grow up, please!

ah the play your age card, Miguel, please play another card, people act here as if the internet is some sort of sanctimonious place, sacred and pure. If you can't have fun here where can you. Has anyone actually been harmed in the making of this thread.

Miguel, I would absolutely love to find that you hate this score and think that its bad, it would make everything right with the world, but I don't think you'd ever truly criticize a JW score, granted you will place them in various degree's of success and quality, but for once it would be fun to have you really disappointed, frustrated and mad at a JW score.

I'm going in with no expectations.

I'm actually quite optimistic, I think John will revist his past styles, and come up with a humdinger of a score

I'm actually quite optimistic, I think John will revist his past styles, and come up with a humdinger of a score

Man, you're really going to tear it apart, huh? :lol:

I've never said I was worried about this score myself, I just don't want his new style, still I've been happy with the 3 potter scores, CMIYC, WOTW, and I admit Geisha is very good, just not my cup of tea, now others here, KM, Stefan, they are much more worried, and their concerns are legit.

I don't even know what you mean by that Joe!

Yes, there isn't one single Williams piece I dislike, and so what?

That's not what I'm criticizing.

The overall atitude here is just mad, that's what I'm saying!!!

Come on, this is just a film score... this is not the end of the world. As much antecipating there might be, to jump to this kind of precompception can't be good.

And if the internet is suposed to be like this, or worst, this place is suposed to be like this, then maybe I'm at the wrong place...

People, I think what we need here is another poll! :beerchug: Working on it right now...

Just for the record, I have very high (but reasonable) expectations for this score. I truly feel that this is going to be one of his very very best. How can it not be? This is Indiana Jones, after all. This movie franchise is full of little and big scenes that beg to be muscially accompanied with rich thematic ideas by our maestro. KotCS will be fun, scary, romantic, and most of all exciting!!!!!! And so will the score be.

Found this over at FSM Board:

1. Raiders March (05:06)

2. Call of the Crystal (03:49)

3. The Adventures of Mutt (03:12)

4. Irina's Theme (02:26)

5. The Snake Pit (03:15)

6. The Spell of the Skull (04:24)

7. The Journey to Akator (03:07)

8. A Whirl Through Academe (03:34)

9. "Return" (03:12)

10. The Jungle Chase (04:23)

11. Orellana's Cradle (04:22)

12. Grave Robbers (02:29)

13. Hidden Treasure and the City of Gold (05:14)

14. Secret Doors and Scorpions (02:17)

15. Oxley's Dilemma (04:46)

16. Ants! (04:14)

17. Temple Ruins and the Secret Revealed (05:51)

18. The Departure (02:27)

19. Finale (09:20)

Source: Exlibris.ch

Are you sure? Maybe I miscalculated! I told you, I was never good at math!

Hmmmm, I wish Irina's Theme and The Jungle Chase were a bit longer, but . . . hey! This look pretty good to me (if it's indeed true).

Why are the Swiss releasing the soundtrack on May 16th?????

I'll be in Switzerland next week! :beerchug:

I hope Concord Music hasn't forgotten all about the release. Still no announcement on their site!!!

I can imagine 2 executives talking:

Exe #1: "Man, the new Indy movie opens tomorrow! I'm so looking forward to this."

Exe #2: "Yeah, my kids just LOVE him. This is gonna be great, just great!"

Exe #1: "Hey, wait a sec. Talking of Indiana Jones . . . there's something that keeps slipping my mind . . . "

Exe #2: "What? What?"

Exe #1: "Oh shoot!!!! Jeff, the soundtrack! The new f****** brilliant John Williams soundtrack! We are supposed to release that, remember? We got the deal! Oh F***, F***, F***!!!!"

:lol:

I wait with baited breath to see what KM thinks of the track times!

I'm pretty much unsurprised by the length of the thing, it's enough music for an initial JW ost release. Looks like Jungle Chase is gonna be the cue most sorely cut down though, leaving out lot of juicy stuff for the eventual expanded release.

Par for the course then.

Well if anyone still doubts the running time it's on the front page, if people still pay attention to that.

KM will be mad because the End Credits and Raiders March cues take 14 minutes, cutting the running time down to 63 mins of original music.

I think that's a very generous running time for a CD.

The running time is more than generous! 72 minutes of new music on the album (if the Raider's March in the beginning is the classic concert piece)! Excellent!

I would guess, based on the running time of the Raiders March, that it's going to be the same version as the concert piece, with Marion's theme sandwiched in the middle. I'm more curious about this "Finale" piece, especially after the French review. I can only imagine the possibilities of what Williams may do differently with the Raiders March to make a grand finale to the series!

Ted

I can only imagine the possibilities of what Williams may do differently with the Raiders March to make a grand finale to the series!

Ted

It give my chills when I think of that :beerchug:

I wait with baited breath to see what KM thinks of the track times!

I'm pretty much unsurprised by the length of the thing, it's enough music for an initial JW ost release. Looks like Jungle Chase is gonna be the cue most sorely cut down though, leaving out lot of juicy stuff for the eventual expanded release.

Par for the course then.

I was thinking the same thing, KM will be please by the overall lenght, but there won't be an expanded release.

There is no value in it, besides this is the expanded release, at least they've basically filled the cd up.

My only disappointment here, and it is a very very minor one (considering we have 77 minutes of John Williams' magic!) is that The Jungle Chase is listed as being only 4.23, I was expecting a 6-8 minute cue. I imagine I've just been spoiled by The Desert Chase from Raiders. Maybe Orellana's Cradle is a continuation of the chase, anyway I can't wait to get my hands on this album.

perhaps the Jungle Chase is only 4 min and 23 seconds because thats all the scene is. Has anyone considered that yet,?

Hmmm, if the track times are correct, this has to be the longest single OS album in JW's career!

TPM had 74 minutes...

4:23 for Jungle Chase doesn't seem so bad.

A lot of great action cues are around that length!

perhaps the Jungle Chase is only 4 min and 23 seconds because thats all the scene is. Has anyone considered that yet,?

I guess no. That would be too easy.

I would guess, based on the running time of the Raiders March, that it's going to be the same version as the concert piece, with Marion's theme sandwiched in the middle.

Ted

Hmmm, maybe it has Mutt's or Irina's theme sadwiched in the middle! :shakehead:

I do not quite understand why the length of the Jungle Chase track is such a disappointment. On the other hand it shows how much expectations people have put into this music and this film. The track titles seems to bring about instant comparison with Desert Chase in all respects, in running time as well. We are yet to see the film. The scene might be actually that short, the cue might start in the middle of it (The Mine Car Chase comes to mind) or as the last and the most dreaded reason JW might have edited it. Who knows but this really shows how much people expect from this score.

Yes I have.

maybe its short because its a concert arrangement and not from the actual music in the film

Hmmm, if the track times are correct, this has to be the longest single OS album in JW's career!

TPM had 74 minutes...

AOTC runs for 77 minutes, the bonus track version.

maybe its short because its a concert arrangement and not from the actual music in the film

Thanks Joe. That is one possibility I left off from my speculation.

but did it run 77min and 28 seconds?

I do not quite understand why the length of the Jungle Chase track is such a disappointment. On the other hand it shows how much expectations people have put into this music and this film. The track titles seems to bring about instant comparison with Desert Chase in all respects, in running time as well. We are yet to see the film. The scene might be actually that short, the cue might start in the middle of it (The Mine Car Chase comes to mind) or as the last and the most dreaded reason JW might have edited it. Who knows but this really shows how much people expect from this score.

Most likely they decided to cover the rest of the jungle sequence with tracked music from the "Desert Chase." That would be the most exciting possibility, of course.

Most likely they decided to cover the rest of the jungle sequence with tracked music from the "Desert Chase." That would be the most exciting possibility, of course.

or the awful battle of the beastly belly.

but did it run 77min and 28 seconds?

AotC with bonus track runs 76;42 so KOtCS tops it.

The expectations are so high for this score because it is the first John Williams score in 3 years, it's a musical sound we haven't heard since The Last Crusade 19 years ago and it's Indana Jones! I'm not sure exactly what I expect, only great things. I have no doubt that I'll love this score, none at all, but whether that makes it good or not is an opinion I don't feel comfortable judging. I also love the soundtrack to Zimmer's Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, because I enjoy it. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is my excitement far outweighs my expectations of the score's brilliance. Knowing Williams it will be undeniably brilliant, but knowing me and my love for Indiana Jones and action/adventure/fantasy scores I will cherish every second of this soundtrack.

Most likely they decided to cover the rest of the jungle sequence with tracked music from the "Desert Chase."

Uncool, bro :shakehead:

;)

TPM had 74 minutes...

AOTC runs for 77 minutes, the bonus track version.

That's right, I forgot about the Conveyor Belt . . . .

Those 2 must be the longest JW OS albums then!

What a horrible thought!

I hope they didn't use ANY tracked music from the 3 previous movies... but I have faith in Spielberg!

King Mark has been appeased...for now

MB sighs in relief

:shakehead:

Lets hope Williams and Wannberg get the hint and dont make microedits.

Hush! Do not awaken the great KM's doubts now!

the "Finale" seems a bit short to include the Finale and End Credits .Unless it's an album End Credits,and in tthe film they just tracked a bunch of stuff .

I hope we don't get a truncated version a la ToD

I think this is just the Finale (like in PoA). This doesn't include the End Credits...

Why else isn't this entitled End Credits?

the "Finale" seems a bit short to include the Finale and End Credits .Unless it's an album End Credits,and in tthe film they just tracked a bunch of stuff .

I hope we don't get a truncated version a la ToD

It's only exactly a minute shorter than the TLC Finale and End Credits :shakehead: So why shouldn't it contain the finale when we do not even know what is the film's finale and how long it is.

Maybe the credits are scrolled very, very quickly. :shakehead:

Unless there's some union rule about how fast a credit roll is allowed to scroll. Somehow that wouldn't surprise me.

It's almost hard to believe, after all these years, in two weeks I will own the brand new Indiana Jones soundtrack by John Williams! Hooray!

It's almost hard to believe, after all these years, in two weeks I will own the brand new Indiana Jones soundtrack by John Williams! Hooray!

YAY!!!! :shakehead: