Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...

Yet again i'm shocked that what I have is so much better than what you all had.

I've had those for probably about 10 years...

They were on the same boot that the unreleased Raiders stuff came from...

BTW...if anyone needs a link, you can just PM me. I don't bite.

And I still have my re-vamped versions of Belly of the Steel Beast and the Temple End credits if anyone wants them.

That's great news! Well not for you obviously, but that sales are so strong!

Yay! HMV shipped my copy today. It should arrive in the next few days... but I'll be in Amsterdam this weekend and I'll be back on Monday night...

A quote from Concord's International Sales & Marketing Director which is good to see:

"Orders for it in Europe and the UK have way exceeded our projections"

Well it's possible that when ever Lucasfilm releases the Saga set on Blu-Ray we could finally see complete intended editions for all three Prequels. Of course this is all speculation...but hopefully they'll release the Blu-Ray versions within the next year or so.

For anybody who doesn't understand exactly what is missing from the Temple Of Doom End Credits, there's a clip on youtube now of Return To The Village properly segued to the full End Credits with the missing music restored:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBnxhYFPl7k

(I didn't make it, just found it)

This should have been track 22 on the Concord set.

For anybody who doesn't understand exactly what is missing from the Temple Of Doom End Credits, there's a clip on youtube now of Return To The Village properly segued to the full End Credits with the missing music restored:

That sounds too slow to me.

Thanks a million .I had a hunch your boot would be different.

This seems to be a completely new source of the boot I've never heard before. There is a bit of hiss but nowhere near the compression/dehissing artifacts of the other versions ,including the ones I have on cdr.

Very nice!!

Good GOD i need those files too DigitalFreak, you would make my day ;)

That sounds too slow to me.

Someone at FSM did that. He posted a link over there.

Well it's possible that when ever Lucasfilm releases the Saga set on Blu-Ray we could finally see complete intended editions for all three Prequels. Of course this is all speculation...but hopefully they'll release the Blu-Ray versions within the next year or so.

Star Wars on Blu? Keep dreamin'...

I don't think Lucas has double dipped them enough for his own liking yet.

Somehow I doubt Lucas is sitting at the ranch in his chair with a phone in his hand saying "I think it's time to gouge the public again." I suspect the LFL marketing department does that fine without his involvement, although with TCW now on BD, I think we'll have them before 2009 in HD.

Star Wars on Blu? Keep dreamin'...

I don't think Lucas has double dipped them enough for his own liking yet.

You obviously don't read The Digital Bits then...it's been reported that Lucasfilm does want to release them on the high def format. They were waiting to see who won the format war (the Blu-Ray vs HD war) and now that clearly Blu-Ray has won it's only a matter of time before they release the Saga set on that format.

Somehow I doubt Lucas is sitting at the ranch in his chair with a phone in his hand saying "I think it's time to gouge the public again." I suspect the LFL marketing department does that fine without his involvement, although with TCW now on BD, I think we'll have them before 2009 in HD.

TCW=?

TCW=?

TCW = The Clone Wars...come on now.

Do you mean before 2010?

Called my local specialty music store and they actually had a set in... Of course I got them to hold if for me... the downside... they won't give it to me till Tuesday since that's the actual Canadian release date. OH WELL at least I don't have to deal with Amazon.ca anymore!

Seems like Canada is forgotten about (again). Nothing here in Montreal in any store. Shame

Should be getting my set from SAE soon

How much is that thing going to be in Canadian stores ? 80 bucks?

Whoot!

MTV: James Bond is a franchise that's figured out how to ably switch between actors. If, in 50 years, they find another man to play Indiana Jones, would that sit all right with you?

Ford: The very simple addition of numbers would make it clear that in 50 years I will not give a sh-- at all. I will so not care.

:lol:

At the moment I am still aboard my cruiseship for another month.

Does anyone know if they might sell it in stores anywhere in Fort Lauderdale (Florida)?

Or perhaps Oranjestad, Aruba or Willemstad, Curacao?

I'm hoping to be able to get it as soon as possible and not have to wait until I return home.

Otherwise I might need to ask my parents back home to order the set for me so that at least it's there when I return.

This is really harsh; I've been waiting for this ever since I became a John Williams fan.

And now that it actually happened, I'm not in a position to readily gain access to it.

I couldn't even download a copy in the meantime because Internet is too slow.

Could anyone answering please send me a PM with where I might find the set?

With my slow Internet, it's hard to find any replies through all the dozens of pages here.

In the epic duel of the fates between one Jay LeBlanc and one King Mark, a winner has been declared...

MY BOX SET HAS ARRIVED!!!!

:o

Time for the editing process to finally begin...

:lol:

Well, looks like K.M. is in the "who gets his box set last" competition

will I beat Jason???

Looks like i'm in the race too :unsure: went to the shop yesterday and after it had been delayed from the 14th to the 21th it has now been even further posponed to the 5th so i did the only thing any (sane) person can do i let go of obsessing over wanting it and went to indulge myself by listening to remastered albums of my favorite rockband wich i had neglected these last few weeks as the waiting for this set was getting the better of me) and fell in love with those albums all over again. It will just be a nice surprise when that phone finally does ring when it's in,and i'm not even counting on the 5th either.