Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anybody who doesn't understand exactly what is missing from the Temple Of Doom End Credits, there's a clip on youtube now of Return To The Village properly segued to the full End Credits with the missing music restored:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBnxhYFPl7k

(I didn't make it, just found it)

This should have been track 22 on the Concord set.

Boy do I agree with that. Splitting up Temple of Doom's finale is the set's biggest flaw, IMO.

Incidentally, has anyone else put together an edit like this one?

I'm not a fan of the packing of this set at all. Digipacks stink, and none of the artwork or pictures came out good... something is "off" about them

It was lame to repeat the same LB note in all 3 CDs... and what's with him saying "some cues were dropped entirely" or whatever? There where no cues at all dropped from the original soundtracks (just sections that where presented on the expanded raiders)...

And I hated flipping through the picture book and seeing KOCS pictures mixed in with all the pictures from the good flicks... kinda ruined it

Oh well, as someone else said, the music gets a 10/10 for sure...

If it were something that mattered to me, I would. I still might. Just not sure if I can track down the reciept :unsure: I didn't realize anything was missing until after I had had it for a while.

Wow...

Yet again i'm shocked that what I have is so much better than what you all had.

I've had those for probably about 10 years...

They were on the same boot that the unreleased Raiders stuff came from...

BTW...if anyone needs a link, you can just PM me. I don't bite.

I will pm you then if you don't mind :D

I bought my last crusade boot somewhere in the mid 90's (the one with the amazing stories tracks pasted on

definately not a cd-r , boot for sure as they wrote Amazing Story instead of Stories, the fact that only 1 story was represented shouldn't be an exuse :flameblob:,it says crusader 1097 on it if that means anything)

And I still have my re-vamped versions of Belly of the Steel Beast and the Temple End credits if anyone wants them.

is the drool aparant ? ;-)

fact is i havent asked anything yet as i'm still working on that big list of mine to put up on the trading board

i'm sure to have collected something in the pre digital age as well as in it thats worthwile lol

I'm not a fan of the packing of this set at all. Digipacks stink, and none of the artwork or pictures came out good... something is "off" about them

It was lame to repeat the same LB note in all 3 CDs... and what's with him saying "some cues were dropped entirely" or whatever? There where no cues at all dropped from the original soundtracks (just sections that where presented on the expanded raiders)...

And I hated flipping through the picture book and seeing KOCS pictures mixed in with all the pictures from the good flicks... kinda ruined it

Oh well, as someone else said, the music gets a 10/10 for sure...

May i assume that you have recieved it now Jason and are out of the race ? :lol::unsure:

For anybody who doesn't understand exactly what is missing from the Temple Of Doom End Credits, there's a clip on youtube now of Return To The Village properly segued to the full End Credits with the missing music restored:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBnxhYFPl7k

(I didn't make it, just found it)

This should have been track 22 on the Concord set.

Boy do I agree with that. Splitting up Temple of Doom's finale is the set's biggest flaw, IMO.

Incidentally, has anyone else put together an edit like this one?

I agree...I just watched the end of the film. Now I'm upset it doesn't string together. Has anyone edited it cleanly?

Cues from the sessions or films, not from the albums.

And it made sense for him to reproduce in the 3 cds because it looks like they will be released seperately, as they have UPC's.

May i assume that you have recieved it now Jason and are out of the race ? :D:flameblob:

Yes just scroll 15 posts up

:lol: jeah now i see it ,i read every page of this thread and yet i manage to miss it and it was in capital letters and all

Gongrats Jason, as i said before mine has now been posponed to the 5th so i'm still in :D:unsure:

:)

Hi,

for two weeks ago, a member posted CD covers with a white background and a simultan picturebuild...

( For all 4 scores )

These Covers are great !!!

But there are lost from the thread ...

Please can the Member it posted again ?

Thanks

Chris

Does anyone know if the box is sold in stores in Holland before I order it? I'm going to Rotterdam tomorrow and if I can buy it somewhere I will do that. FRS? Media Markt? Music Store?

Thanks for letting me know! :beerchug:

I know the FRS is a disgrace, but hell - if they sell the box I will buy it! :beerchug:

But I was wondering if it is sold SOMEWHERE in The Netherlands in a regular store.

I have not been in any CD (well, DVD store is a more fitting description these days) since beginning of the month.

But earlier I went scouring Amsterdam for a copy of the lastest James Bond score and found nothing, so that should tell you something.

I think I'm sick or something.

Mine arrived at my house Monday, I didn't know about it until Tuesday, and it's Friday morning and I have not even opened the shrink wrap packaging yet. It's not that I just want to stare at it either, because it's still in the bubble wrap that SAE packaged it in. It's been either work or sleep all week.

Joey made the comment here that was forgotten during the server switchover, that he would wait until Christmas to open anything he bought after mid-September. I wonder if I could demonstrate that level of willpower, too.

Does anyone know if the box is sold in stores in Holland before I order it? I'm going to Rotterdam tomorrow and if I can buy it somewhere I will do that. FRS? Media Markt? Music Store?

He roald, i ordered mine at 't OOr here in Hilversum , it is according to them released by [universal nederland]

however it was supposed to come out 2 weeks ago but has been twice posponed and is currently slated for december 5th

so hench i'm still without aswell Only import is an option before than but who knows how long that will take. I'm gonna stick with my order anyway it is bound to come out sometime ;) ;)

He roald, i ordered mine at 't OOr here in Hilversum , it is according to them released by [universal nederland]

however it was supposed to come out 2 weeks ago but has been twice posponed and is currently slated for december 5th

so hench i'm still without aswell Only import is an option before than but who knows how long that will take. I'm gonna stick with my order anyway it is bound to come out sometime ;) ;)

Hey Marc, thanks! That answers it then. December 5... Fitting for us Dutchies....... ;)

I hear the slightest blip in the left channel at the beginning of The Desert Chase at the very beginning of the Track on my CD. If I really cared, I would just edit it so the right channel plays for both in that part, but I'd prefer not to. If anyone else is experiencing this, I'd feel much better. Is anyone?

I hear the slightest blip in the left channel at the beginning of The Desert Chase at the very beginning of the Track on my CD. If I really cared, I would just edit it so the right channel plays for both in that part, but I'd prefer not to. If anyone else is experiencing this, I'd feel much better. Is anyone?

I think everyone has already replaced their Desert Chase for the DCC version, save perhaps Mark (Oliveraz, not KM).

I have to say that the tracks I'm enjoying most are the ones that we never had bootlegs or good rear channel rips of, so "Alarm!", "Out Of Fuel", and "The Secret Passage..... oh, and the glorious, majestic rendition of the Raiders March at the end of "Short Round Helps".... Can't believe it took 24 years for that to be on CD (surely it would have been included if TOD got an 80 minute OST instead of a 40 minute)

I think everyone has already replaced their Desert Chase for the DCC version, save perhaps Mark (Oliveraz, not KM).

I have both the DCC and Concord albums loaded seperately on iTunes, if that's what you mean.

I hear the slightest blip in the left channel at the beginning of The Desert Chase at the very beginning of the Track on my CD. If I really cared, I would just edit it so the right channel plays for both in that part, but I'd prefer not to.

Wouldn't work anyway - it'll just make that section sound mono, and that'll be even worse :)

Temple is easily my favourite of the four scores now. The complexity and sheer energy in the score, as well as how effortlessly Williams juggles the march, Shorty's theme and the love theme is becoming addictive.

Today was not the big day

In fact the mailman decided not to distribute the mail today ,as it sometimes happens .Man they have slack rules for postal workers here

I hear the slightest blip in the left channel at the beginning of The Desert Chase at the very beginning of the Track on my CD. If I really cared, I would just edit it so the right channel plays for both in that part, but I'd prefer not to.

Wouldn't work anyway - it'll just make that section sound mono, and that'll be even worse :)

Temple is easily my favourite of the four scores now. The complexity and sheer energy in the score, as well as how effortlessly Williams juggles the march, Shorty's theme and the love theme is becoming addictive.

*sigh*

So no one else has this problem?

I hear the blip too

It's also in the OST version! But not the DCC version...

It's amazing how quickly you can tell the DCC uses a different mix than the album/Concord when you play the beginning of this track from each in quick succession :)

EDIT: Interestingly enough, it is NOT in the fake leak!

I hear the blip too

It's also in the OST version! But not the DCC version...

It's amazing how quickly you can tell the DCC uses a different mix than the album/Concord when you play the beginning of this track from each in quick succession :)

EDIT: Interestingly enough, it is NOT in the fake leak!

Oh good! I feel relieved. Having to live with the set knowing that it was defective would have seriously depressed me($40 is a lot to me, and I rarely get it).

I feel much better now!

Today was not the big day

In fact the mailman decided not to distribute the mail today ,as it sometimes happens .Man they have slack rules for postal workers here

In Canada, why can't they be merciless towards their postal workers like we do in the U.S., driving them all to that inevitable shootout/suicide?

Today, I went to mail off some books, and I mentioned something about stress, and the lady behind the counter shakily said, "Well, that's what pills are for."

I rest my case.