Upcoming Films

Quintus

He's a a really solid director, but hasn't made anything of interest to me for years. This could be good though, and at least he's not wasting time with CG animations anymore. 

17 hours ago, Lonnegan said:

He's a a really solid director, but hasn't made anything of interest to me for years. This could be good though, and at least he's not wasting time with CG animations anymore. 

Flight was mediocre Lifetime trash and The Walk looked pointless. Here's hoping Pitt keeps this one out of the gutter. 

9 hours ago, Lonnegan said:

Back to the Future is up there with E.T. the Extra Terrestrial. 

Actually, it's better, it just exudes fun.  As an adult, I'm not sure I ever need to see that silly kid's movie about an alien ever again. Music's decent, though, in the second half. 

21 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Et tu Bellamy?

:P I've rewatched both in the last few years, ET hits higher highs cinematically but I probably prefer Zemeckis/Gale's screenplay. It's a hard choice for me, they both hold up extremely well. Sentimentally I have much more of a personal attachment to BTTF, but that's neither here nor there.

ET is probably more acclaimed but certainly there are legitimate arguments for BTTF, and in a popular sense they're definitely pretty close. Hard to compare, though, because ET gets trashed on a lot more but probably has the more passionate fans as well.

Forrest Gump annoyed me. Tom Hanks suddenly a "serious" actor playing a vaguely retarded guy. That shtick got old real fast. What is it that people love about that movie?

On 8/14/2016 at 2:21 PM, Nick Tatopoulos's Beret said:

Forrest Gump annoyed me. Tom Hanks suddenly a "serious" actor playing a vaguely retarded guy. That shtick got old real fast. What is it that people love about that movie?

Its hilarious, that's why. 

A comedy Sherlock (and Watson) starring those two idjits is probably the only kind of take on the done to death fiction to make me want to watch it, me being a helpless fan of that brand of hopelessly stupid American humour. I liked Stepbrothers, god help me. 

Maybe Ferrell and Reilly should follow it up with Oliver Twist. 

49 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Maybe it's just the trailer.

Karol

Nah, it's the entire plot all the way up to the climax. I thought the trailer was gonna end right when they entered the monolith or ship thing. But nope, we see the aliens and the ensuing invasion.

Not even first trailers are safe anymore! 

5 hours ago, crocodile said:

That looks profoundly unimpressive.

Karol

Yeah, must admit that was pretty disappointing.

Hopefully it's just the trailer. I have faith in Villeneuve!