Batman The Animated Series Vol. 1 by Shirley Walker and others coming from La-La Land Records

Ollie

Just read on the FSM forum that the Batman TAS series discs have come in early and anyone who ordered from La La Land have started shipping early... but those of us who got signed copies have to wait till their signed liner notes arrive.

Link to FSM

J Moss

Weird, that link didn't work for me. Hopefully this means I'll get it in time for Christmas.

I'm listening now, and so far it's fantastic. I have the animated series volumes on dvd, but I never realized how great this stuff was.

I was glad that the opening "Gotham City Overture" had that little bit with the whistling and flatulent brass from that episode when that wimpy guy got involved with the Joker. Remember?

The sound quality is very warm. Again, it's amazing that this was for a cartoon.

P.S.-- the thunderclap sound effect is present at the end of the opening title.

I vote when people here start receiving the sets we start a new thread to discuss them. People will never find this thread when searching for "Batman" later on

I vote when people here start receiving the sets we start a new thread to discuss them. People will never find this thread when searching for "Batman" later on

Agreed!

I've edited the thread's subtitle. Solves the search problem.

I still think it'd be better to close this thread, as it was the "anticipation / ordering" thread.... and have a whole new thread for the actual discussion of the CDs. Actually two separate threads, one for Millenium and one for Batman. What's wrong with that?

I've been listening to the Batman set lately. This is such great stuff. Probably the finest music ever written for the characters, and Batman has had a very impressive array of composers in its history.

From a FilmScoreMonthly.com message board post:

Mine came yesterday, and it's fantastic. But in the main title, you can still hear the lighting blot at the end. Ha, ha. What gives? Is there an instrument that sounds like a lighting blot, or something?

No, I just wanted that in this volume. I LOVE IT! It's like a cymbal crash -- BATMAN STYLE!

MV

So Volume 2 will have it clean. Good.

• 4 weeks later...
Just to let everyone know, LaLaLand is down to less than 500 copies of Batman The Animated series.

That just shows you how bad the economy is, I was sure it would sell out quicker, like in two or three weeks.

You are embracing temptation to buy Batman: The Animated Series? Go buy a crap load of JW scores. I found this a couple days ago and decided to download it. It was a bitch to enter all the track names, especially since Disc 2 wasn't in order.

LaLaLand itself takes Paypal. SAE also takes PayPal and I didn't have a problem with my order. I thought it took way too long to get here, but it's just as well because I haven't listened to my Batman yet anyways, so not really a problem.

If you are typing out track names for each of your MP3s by hand, you are doing it wrong. All you need is MP3Tag, which is free, and a source file, like the track listing, which is available at LaLaLand's website. It can import a tracklisting from a test, csv, or spreadsheet.

I'd rather type them in by hand. It doesn't happen that often anyway, but when it does I like to make sure it's accurate and everything is spelled correctly. Besides, Disc 2 was out of order so the way you explained wouldn't have worked. I had to match them up by track times. A couple cues had the same times though, so I kinda guessed on those :(

You are embracing temptation to buy Batman: The Animated Series? Go buy a crap load of JW scores. I found this a couple days ago and decided to download it. It was a bitch to enter all the track names, especially since Disc 2 wasn't in order.

Stop toying with my mind! I decided that I shall not buy this set, it was just the pressure talking. In fact, I am going to check Amazon Marketplace for their "War of the Worlds" prices....

I'm so sorry to hear of your difficulties. :(

Stop toying with my mind! I decided that I shall not buy this set, it was just the pressure talking. In fact, I am going to check Amazon Marketplace for their "War of the Worlds" prices....

Good, check those Amazon prices. There's plenty of JW you don't have and should. Instead of spend $100+ on The Blue Box, just get this.

I'm just saying it was annoying. I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy matching up 35 tracks with times posted on the internet to get names, especially when the times aren't exactly the same.

I'm just saying it was annoying. I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy matching up 35 tracks with times posted on the internet to get names, especially when the times aren't exactly the same.

I hear you. Bootleggers are so inconsiderate. Hardworking downloaders like yourself shouldn't have to put up with such things. Why, if conditions don't improve you may even have to buy music. Goodness! You can't let those selfish megacorporations like La La Land win.

I hear you. Bootleggers are so inconsiderate. Hardworking downloaders like yourself shouldn't have to put up with such things. Why, if conditions don't improve you may even have to buy music . Goodness! You can't let those selfish megacorporations like La La Land win.

Nice post Henry. :)

I hear you. Bootleggers are so inconsiderate. Hardworking downloaders like yourself shouldn't have to put up with such things. Why, if conditions don't improve you may even have to buy music . Goodness! You can't let those selfish megacorporations like La La Land win.

Henry, you're a complete ass/idiot.

:(:):rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was going to post a response when I got home but Mr. Buck beat me to it.

Probably a good thing, mine would have more than likely gotten me banned.

Good, check those Amazon prices. There's plenty of JW you don't have and should. Instead of spend $100+ on The Blue Box, just get this.

Yeah, spend $90 for a new copy of something that has been released for about $30 more in better quality, with more music, and three other film scores, plus selections from a TV series, plus other bonus tracks, PLUS A FREAKIN' BOOK!

We'll let you have your opinions, Koray, but for pity's sake: don't taint the padawan with your madness.

(Basically Nick, Batman: TAS and The Blue Box are both absolutely worthy purchases)

Henry, you're a complete ass/idiot.

:(:):rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Normally I'd agree with you, but this one case where I'm definitely gonna have to go with Henry. If they run out before you can get to it, then seek out a trade privately, but seriously, man...

Normally I'd agree with you, but this one case where I'm definitely gonna have to go with Henry. If they run out before you can get to it, then seek out a trade privately, but seriously, man...

Eh, I was teasing. :( Henry's point is well taken.

I suspected you were, but given how often I disagree with Henry on stuff, I thought this was one issue that I absolutely agreed with him.

;)

Anybody interested in the Batman TAS set should absolutely buy it instead of downloading illegal mp3s of it. Besides the fact that the money would go to a good corporation that has been doing a great job releasing scores that might not otherwise get released, and you'll have a cool collector's item that many others won't have, it's just a well put together set with a great booklet full of stuff. Well worth your $.

The blue box is well worth it to. There's NO reason to get the Rhino Superman instead.

If you like the music and want it, I agree that you should buy it. But still, am I only being ganged up on because the CD is still in print? I doubt so many would would if I downloaded it after it sold out. Everyone here knows I trade a crap load of music, you all act like this is a new thing. You guys should technically blame another member here because I wouldn't have been able to download it without him/her.

Jason, the Rhino set is the perfect option for one that only wants John Williams music. If Nick likes the other scores and wants the other music, by all means I think he should buy the Blue Box. I just don't think it's practical for someone who just likes John Williams' contribution to the franchise.

If you like the music and want it, I agree that you should buy it. But still, am I only being ganged up on because the CD is still in print? I doubt so many would would if I downloaded it after it sold out. Everyone here knows I trade a crap load of music, you all act like this is a new thing. You guys should technically blame another member here because I wouldn't have been able to download it without him/her.

Intrada, FSM et al. don't rake in huge profits. Their revenue from limited releases is dependent entirely upon how many of the batch are sold. If you pirate a CD while it is still in print, you are potentially contributing to the full stock never being sold. Once a limited release sells out, that's it for the record company. They won't make any more money off of it, so downloading, CD-R trading etc. has no effect on them. Batman: TAS will probably sell out, but that's not so for every limited release.

Ok that makes sense. But I would have never bought it. If I wanted it I would have bought it. So me personally am not making a difference. I didn't put it up on the internet.

You don't have to be so blatant about it though. On some other boards you would have been banned already (for admitting piracy).

Jason, the Rhino set is the perfect option for one that only wants John Williams music. If Nick likes the other scores and wants the other music, by all means I think he should buy the Blue Box. I just don't think it's practical for someone who just likes John Williams' contribution to the franchise.

Disagree. The Blue Box version of Superman has better sound quality, better editing, the tracks are in a better order, and contains fascinating alternates not on the Rhino. And the booklet in the blue box just can't be beat.

Disagree. The Blue Box version of Superman has better sound quality, better editing, the tracks are in a better order, and contains fascinating alternates not on the Rhino. And the booklet in the blue box just can't be beat.

Indeed, those who say the Rhino is better, need to have their heads re-examined.

Ok that makes sense. But I would have never bought it. If I wanted it I would have bought it. So me personally am not making a difference. I didn't put it up on the internet.

You don't have to be so blatant about it though. On some other boards you would have been banned already (for admitting piracy).

Well then I guess anyone who has posted in the trading board and trading lists sub-forums should be banned for admitting piracy.

The Rhino set actually has more music than the Blue Box version, and the sound quality is the same. I don't care about editing or track orders.

Hell! why only 3000? why not 5000? for sth as popular as Batman??

The crappy Boys from Brazil with it's schmaltzy wlatz theme got a 5000 release

won't be able to buy Batman then. so when it is sold out, I shall download it. or get it for... uuhm 60$ from ebay! It makes no difference anyway :P