FOTR & TTT Live To Projection Concerts at Radio City Music Hall, New York City - 2008 & 2009

Jay

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God just let LOTR rest in peace! rolleyes.gif

What? They are amazing scores, and this concert is a pretty special event. The more popular these concerts are, the more future concerts of complete scores set to picture we'll get

God just let LOTR rest in peace! :P

Why is that?

Sounds like fun, although a concert that long might be a bit tedious to sit thru.

And yes, I know there will be intermissions.

It's quite compact compared to a Wagner opera. :)

you guys are really biased....

I'm just reflecting what people said about the Star Wars musical journey thing...

We hare having too many LOTR things in very short time. I dont mind, its great, but really not a sole beign is complaining about overmarketing, which certainly, it is.

The LOTR scores were never anything amazing to me. I've never even listened to the complete recordings. That's a lot of music to get through, and it's all serious and epic. I can't just sit back and enjoy a nice listen to Khazad-Dûm.

The Star Wars musical journey was six films of music condensed down to 90 minutes of music, complete with narration to describe the story.

This is a complete 3+ hour score played in its original runtime. It's a far superior concept, if you have the patience to stay awake and involved in the whole event. I watched the LOTR Symphony after a long day of work, and could not stay awake for the entire thing. It would have been better to take off, but that's life.

I'd assume there's an intermission the same place there is on the EE edition of the film - directly after the Council of Elrond scene, when Pippin says "Great, where are we going?"

Hopefully there will be intermissions (or breaks) during that 3 hour period. Those people are gonna hate life if they have to sit in their seats for 3 hours with out a break.

I 'm pretty sure there is going to be an intermission.

Well N.Y. is a little bit out of my way so I'll have to pass.

But enjoy yourself and have a good time. I'll just have to pull out my CR of Fellowship.

The LOTR scores were never anything amazing to me. I've never even listened to the complete recordings. That's a lot of music to get through, and it's all serious and epic. I can't just sit back and enjoy a nice listen to Khazad-Dûm.

Wow. I can only just scratch the surface of this, and I'm trying very hard not to automatically switch to a comment about certain recent batty scores, but a few things: What about the Hobbit music? That's lovely stuff. The Rivendell also gives a nice respite. And the best material is really great.

Wow. I can only just scratch the surface of this, and I'm trying very hard not to automatically switch to a comment about certain recent batty scores, but a few things: What about the Hobbit music? That's lovely stuff. The Rivendell also gives a nice respite. And the best material is really great.

Well yes I do listen to the Shire music on occasion. Very lovely.

Considering how much is in the score the FotR OST is extremely well put together. I enjoyed listening to it for years. Only one statement of the History of the Ring theme is the main problem I had with it.

But if you like these scores you just have to get the CRs. There's really no other option.

I just read the article. It's not even conducted by Howard Shore.

And? Ludwig Wicki has considerable experience of conducting Fellowship Live and will be conducting The Two Towers Live in Switzerland next March.

Hopefully there will be intermissions (or breaks) during that 3 hour period. Those people are gonna hate life if they have to sit in their seats for 3 hours with out a break.

I 'm pretty sure there is going to be an intermission.

The intermission is after The Council of Elrond.

you guys are really biased....

I'm just reflecting what people said about the Star Wars musical journey thing...

We hare having too many LOTR things in very short time. I dont mind, its great, but really not a sole beign is complaining about overmarketing, which certainly, it is.

It is no overmarketing no certainly not. it is fresh and it is new.. star wars is old and overplayed.

What they are doing now is riding on the Howard Shore LOTR Symphony wave.. poor luacsfilm.

I'm going to the London one in March, with the LSO itself - should be very cool.

What they are doing now is riding on the Howard Shore LOTR Symphony wave.. poor luacsfilm.

Poor Lucasfilm?!

If George wants it, it's done. The man deserves no sympathy for his crimes against film music.

I'm going to the London one in March, with the LSO itself - should be very cool.

Poor Lucasfilm?!

If George wants it, it's done. The man deserves no sympathy for his crimes against film music.

I m,eant.. I pity those unworthy uncreative fools!

It is no overmarketing no certainly not. it is fresh and it is new.. star wars is old and overplayed.

Because they never ever did a Star Wars concert before, right?

Oh wait....

swconcertxm0.jpg

Because they never ever did a Star Wars concert before, right?

Oh wait....

swconcertxm0.jpg

and??

Haha, yeah! I remember that when I went to Towson it was a 3 hour drive between my home and there - on a good day. And NY is still another 2 hours from me by car, slightly less by train. You probably put in a good 6 or so hours!

The article says "Nothing quite like this has been done before. "

The entire score to ET was performed live to picture as well for the 20th aniversary release.

The article says "Nothing quite like this has been done before. "

The entire score to ET was performed live to picture as well for the 20th aniversary release.

Conducted by the composer himself

Though with Voice and SFX.

On a side not i would have prefered to attend to the ET 20th premiere than this concert. Just for seeing Williams live!

But with sounds, as has been said. As I understand it, the FOTR performance will be without film sound?

Was that Nevsky score without sound? I saw Ashkenazy conduct excerpts from Ivan the Terrible live to the movie a few years ago, and it was excellent, but they kept the film dialogue.

I saw Ashkenazy conduct excerpts from Ivan the Terrible live to the movie a few years ago, and it was excellent, but they kept the film dialogue.

Wow! I'd love to see something like that live one day.

• 3 months later...

Is anyone here planning on going to the Friday night performance of Fellowship Live in NY in October? I'd like to be there but I have no one to come with me and I'd rather not buy a single ticket and have to sit alone..