The Quick Question Thread

rpvee

2 hours ago, Jay said:

:banghead:

A song is a musical composition with sung lyrics.  When talking about scores, please use "tracks".

How about the Allman Brothers' Jessica? 

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

A musical "piece" become a track when it appears on a musical support, like an LP, a CD or a digital file.

But LPs don't have well defined tracks. They have sides. Track boundaries are just guesses. 

I think as long as the iTunes people run the music industry, song will persist as a catch all term. 

Apart from Naxos/Marco Polo and Tadlow, what other labels offer (many) quality re-recordings of old films scores (not talking about compilation albums with a bunch of cues from various scores here, but actual complete scores)?

I know Varèse did a few, but it seems nowhere near as many as Naxos and Tadlow.

There is the Tribute Film Classics, which has done some re-recordings of the classic scores with productions helmed by Stromberg&Morgan and the Moscow Symphony Orchestra who have done a lot of the Naxos re-recordings. Their catalogue is not huge but contains scores like Korngold's The Prince and the Pauper and Herrmann's Mysterious Island and Fahrenheit 451.

Please check this for me. Anyone who bought Force Awakens soundtrack Disk and not a digital copy can you burn it on the computer in iTunes and tell me if clicking get album artwork works? Can't get it to work for me 

Got the target edition copy. Thanks, ASAP.

9 hours ago, Jwfan2234 said:

Bitch

01 - Personal attacks will not be allowed. Please be RESPECTFUL of one another, allow for differences in opinions, and please don't make anyone feel that they cannot post their views in this forum.

30 minutes ago, Richard said:

I have a couple of questions:

1/ Has JW ever played on his own soundtracks, and, if so, which ones?

See here: http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26054-did-john-williams-ever-play-piano-on-his-own-scores/

30 minutes ago, Richard said:

2/ Is there any music on the 2-disc Academy promo for "A.I." that is not on the recent 3-disc set?

Nope.

Does anyone know where I can find clean versions of:

The Bilbao scene from "TWINE" (love those brass hits!),

The complete pre-title sequence from "DAD",

The swordfight scene from "DAD" (my second fave Arnold track, ever),

and The pre-title sequence from "CR"?