The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Not gonna order any either, but I am excited to listen to Clash Of The Titans, I'm hearing good things about it. That's what happened with North's Dragonslayer - had to interest in it when it was announced, but then I listened to it one day and liked it so much I ended up buying it later

Not to nit-pick, but unless someone forgot to tell me my notes were rejected, Mr. Bond did not do the liners for Clash of the Titans. Must be Karma getting me back for having been mistakenly credited in the initial PR for George Washington.

Congrats again John.

I'm recommending Flesh & Blood because it's only at 2000 copies and $19.95. However if you can swing it, I'd grab Titans as well.

Man, I'm just swapping CDs on the shelf lately.

Kudos to Intrada for presenting 2 versions of the end credits, the album version and the music minus Olivier's narration.

Having just picked up Family Plot, Home Alone, and Star Trek V my wallet is a little tender. Not too tender for me to pick up the complete Clash of the Titans though. What a stunning score! Woohooo! This has been a crazy month!!!

Have to hope Flesh+Blood won't sell out in a hurry. I would very much like to get it but finances won't allow at the moment.

I believe that Flesh+Blood will be sell out within a week. Could be one or two days.

Those who missed the previous release will definitely buy it, such as me, plus those who already had the previous release would properly buy it as well.

The Blue Max, Predator or Spacecamp both have the same treatment. These scores are only re-issue but (Predator, Blue Max) have a few unreleased material plus improved sound. and they sell out extremely quick. I believe that Flesh+Blood would be the same, plus it is limited to only 2000 copies, even less than The Blue Max.

I believe that Flesh+Blood will be sell out within a week. Could be one or two days.

Those who missed the previous release will definitely buy it, such as me, plus those who already had the previous release would properly buy it as well.

The Blue Max, Predator or Spacecamp both have the same treatment. These scores are only re-issue but (Predator, Blue Max) have a few unreleased material plus improved sound. and they sell out extremely quick. I believe that Flesh+Blood would be the same, plus it is limited to only 2000 copies, even less than The Blue Max.

Yes I am afraid you are right. They should press larger batches of these fan favourites so that they are not completely obliterated in the first foam mouthed wave of fans scurrying to buy them.

The numbers that are released with certain scores like this, maybe that's all Intrada could negotiate for.

That's the other unfortunate truth of the business.

These are nice releases, but unfortunately, like many of the other guys, I can't afford them at the moment since I've already spent so much money on soundtracks in the last months, and furthermore, I've even some more Christmas presents to buy ... :| But if Clash of the Titans and Flesh+Blood manage to last until January or February, I'm buying both for sure.

I just caved and ordered both.

Hey Hollywood, can you please start painting your movie posters again? That Clash of the Titans art is terrific.

Anyone sitting on the fence about Clash might want to re-think, Intrada has already gone through 1500 of the allotted 3000. Granted some have gone to other vendors but still...

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.I/id.10/.f?category=-102&category=-102

Just wanted to congratulate John Takis for getting to write the liner notes to Clash of the Titans! I know he greatly admires Laurence Rosenthal and must have been thrilled at the opportunity to write about another one of his scores, and to get to interview him!

Just wanted to congratulate John Takis for getting to write the liner notes to Clash of the Titans! I know he greatly admires Laurence Rosenthal and must have been thrilled at the opportunity to write about another one of his scores, and to get to interview him!

"Thrilled" is an understatement! :) And thanks...

I ordered Clash of the Titans today, but the site said the item was "Sold Out" and would be "back in stock" in FOUR weeks. Ugh. Delayed gratification! :blink: I'm really looking forward to it, though. Love the score to begin with, and this looks like a release that's worth owning.

I ordered Clash of the Titans today, but the site said the item was "Sold Out" and would be "back in stock" in FOUR weeks. Ugh. Delayed gratification! :blink: I'm really looking forward to it, though. Love the score to begin with, and this looks like a release that's worth owning.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3821

Thanks for the additional info (I didn't realize their site had forums for more specific updates - musta missed a link somewhere). I kinda wish I'd pulled the trigger on the order a bit quicker ... but I'm thrilled that I'll be getting a copy. :cool:

The only Poledouris scores I own are Robocop and Starship Troopers. If I like those a lot, will I be guaranteed to like F+B?

I hope one day we get a complete release for Starship Troopers. Poledouris score for that film absolutely rocks.

I also hope that we get a complete release for The Hunt For Red October.

Starship Troopers and The Hunt For Red October are Poledouris' absolute best in my opinion.

He did that? :o

Gotta track that down, a childhood favorite. Wait - we are talking about the animated film right? whistle.gif"The bear necessities, the simple bear necessities..."

I think John means the live action film.

:folder:

For shame, Koray. In the defense of both you and the score, the samples are pretty terrible as far as which sections of the tracks are there. Not only do those samples deprive you of some of the highlights of those tracks, but there isn't even a single instance of the main theme or the love theme (which are two of my favorites). I strongly recommend you check out the samples on the Filmtracks review, where you can at least hear the main theme (in "Main Titles") and part of a variation of the love theme (in "Finale"), unfortunately in pretty low quality. Beyond those themes, though (and some nice minor themes), the general atmosphere of the score is wonderful--something that also draws me to the film. Definitely give those samples a try.

John, I agree with you on this one--it's one of my favorite scores, period. Have you gotten to talk with any of the producers about The Jungle Book? Do you know of any interest on their parts? I've heard it said that Poledouris recorded 88 minutes. If you don't count unused sections of cues that were replaced with tracked music, we're missing 40 minutes of music, at least 13 of which are unused! The whole jungle trek sequence is completely unrepresented on album, and there are some good highlights and bits of thematic development missing. Do you know if there's any chance we might get a complete Jungle Book release with liner notes by John Takis? ;)

Delorean90: Is there a chance? In the sense that it is physically possible for a label to hire me for this task, then sure -- of course there is. But if you expect me to comment beyond that, sorry. Affirmations or denials of specific projects are not my business ... not if I want to keep working in this industry. :)

Starship Troopers and The Hunt For Red October are Poledouris' absolute best in my opinion.

The Hunt for Red October complete score would be absolutely fantastic, but IMO, Poledouris' finest effort is Conan the Barbarian. ;)

The sound quality of the original Red October album is completely atrocious. I was never a fan of that score, but the first 2 tracks are amazing. Well, maybe not counting the terrible accent.

Karol

The sound quality of the original Red October album is completely atrocious. I was never a fan of that score, but the first 2 tracks are amazing. Well, maybe not counting the terrible accent.

Karol

Are you sure you're not thinking about the boot? I always thought the album for THFRO sounded fine. The boot on the other hand sounds like shit.

i checked that score the other day (it was a footwarmer)

and outside the choral tracks, i found nothing it it. And there were some full synth cues...

I was expecting someting different, with all the praise... and liking conan a lot.

Poledouris' score to The Jungle Book is indeed deserving of an expanded / complete release. Wonderful score. And The Hunt for Red October does too.

The Hunt for Red October complete score would be absolutely fantastic, but IMO, Poledouris' finest effort is Conan the Barbarian. ;)

Hey some of you guys have been reading my mind. :lol: I am a huge Poledouris fan and recently purchased Flesh + Blood. I am crossing my fingers for a complete release to Red October next year. Some of the film version tracks are longer and sound better than the original MCA album edit. :D

Poledouris' score to The Jungle Book is indeed deserving of an expanded / complete release. Wonderful score. And The Hunt for Red October does too.

Almost forgot about The Jungle Book. I like it a lot, and now regret I left it in Germany when I came to the States. So, an expanded release would indeed be welcome.