The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Wild guess for Stu Phillips' Spider-Man.

Oh don't tease man, that would be magnificent!

Lots of legal wrangling required for that one, but in this day and age anything is possible!

Wild guess for Stu Phillips' Spider-Man.

Oh don't tease man, that would be magnificent!

Lots of legal wrangling required for that one, but in this day and age anything is possible!

Oh dear, that's a shame :(

Thanks for the info though ....I suppose it won't hurt to remain quietly optimistic :)

Late 70s tv shows that would sell multiple volumes of 3,000 units each..... any guesses??

I suppose that Starsky & Hutch would be too much to hope for? Plenty of great music from Lalo Schifrin, Mark Snow, Tom Scott and others.

BSG would fit, especially as they previously released 'Buck Rogers'. I'd certainly buy it, especially as it would hopefully have the sub-main title music, aka the unreleased bit of 'Let's Go Home' which isn't even on the Anthology.

Charlie, do you happen to know just how much music is missing from the Anthology? It's a great collection, sound issues notwithstanding.

Yes, nicely done, Mark! Although, I have to give myself some clairvoyancy credit: I was listening to (or rather, binging on) all of my Galactica CDs in the days just prior to Intrada's clues.

Anyone else think it's kinda silly for Intrada to release BSG in seperate volumes rather than one nice boxset? That's what FSM or LLL would have done

I'm not convinced it would work, not for a property like BSG where the original movie score is pretty popular, but the rest of the series (and something like Galactica 1980) may not have the same pull. Look at Superman, while it's been a big seller, there are still people put off by spending such money for scores they don't want. Or maybe the announcement of the MOH box, where people are already disappointed with the inclusion of Djawadi's score. Or even the Ron Jones Project.

I had thought about a box set, especially after MV from LLL hinted at one. But in the end, I'm happy we'll get individual releases. It's something to look forward to, and I enjoy the various cover art. Intrada usually proves they know how to handle the artwork, and I'll be glad to add a variety of individual discs to my BSG collection.

Sorta odd that MV slipped the hint, but then Intrada ended up being the label to deliver. I wonder if it changed hands, or if it was always intended as an Intrada release. If so, strange that MV would let the hint slip.

Anyone else think it's kinda silly for Intrada to release BSG in seperate volumes rather than one nice boxset?

No, because each season of Amazing Stories got its own separate $30 volume, instead of one $90 box.

It would be cool if folks who collected all the volumes could somehow redeem their purchases for a special slipcover/book. Sort of like a build your own box set. Would be incredibly expensive for Intrada, I'm sure, but it's fun to dream.

Anyone else think it's kinda silly for Intrada to release BSG in seperate volumes rather than one nice boxset?

No, because each season of Amazing Stories got its own separate $30 volume, instead of one $90 box.

I know, but I was thinking more along the lines of FSM's Ron Jones box set. They could have released those CDs one at a time at $20 a pop, but knew the box set was the better way to go.

Oh well - apples and oranges, I guess

I know, but I was thinking more along the lines of FSM's Ron Jones box set. They could have released those CDs one at a time at $20 a pop, but knew the box set was the better way to go.

Tell me the giant box set was the "better way to go" on the day that the 5000th box sells.

There's a thread at Intrada from last year where someone asked if they would ever do a boxset and Roger basically said no, they wouldn't. The costs are one factor.

Plus I imagine they might want to see how well this one sells.

Ya I think Lukas Kendall shot himself in the foot with the Ron Jones Star Trek TNG set. I know he loves the man's work but he should have known there wouldn't be a huge fan base for the music from The Next Generation TV show like there would be for the movies. If he had limited the set maybe to only 1,000-1,500 (max) I could see it selling quicker than what it is now.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad to own the set but it's just something I don't think it will sell very well.

Yeah it has a limited fanbase, and it's very expensive.

It is expensive but you basically get what you pay for. 40 complete episode scores plus his two video game scores. I'd rather spend $150 for a set like this than $100 for a set like Spartacus.

But I did buy the TNG Box, even I had never watch the show. And I and still listening to it. 14 CDs, 16 hours of music take a really long time to listen.

I love such a huge box. With every piece of music.

But you are the exception, not the rule. Most people won't shell out $150 for a score to a show they never saw by a composer they (likely) never heard.

But you are the exception, not the rule. Most people won't shell out $150 for a score to a show they never saw by a composer they (likely) never heard.

That's very true.

It appears Intrada has Michael Kamen's score to Roadhouse mixed and ready, one slight problem though, they can't find the reel that has the takes for the climatic final cue.

Since it's been mentioned... yes, we have already transferred and mixed the actual 2" 24-track session masters for Kamen's powerful score to ROAD HOUSE. The master elements appear complete except we can't locate one reel containing all of the takes for "Final Showdown", which is the major action set piece at the end when Swayze takes on Gazzara. We even tried to locate the cue through via original engineer (Stephen McLaughlin) but no such luck.

But we have everything else, including the great fight scene between Swayze and Gazzara's son, which is dynamite.

I guess a mini-poll is in order: would you guys support a limited release of this score knowing it would be mostly complete but wouldn't have the climactic cue? If it were just a lesser cue, we'd have issued it already, but it's a major cue. Anyway, we've already invested a lot of money with MGM and I've already made brand new digital mixes. I'd sure like to recoup that investment. The sound quality is incredible... just not complete. Your thoughts... good or not so good?

--Doug

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1976&start=30

That would probably offset any profit Intrada would stand to make on this score. I have a feeling it will be one of those quick moving titles.

Like Charlie suggested, perhaps the music / effects track is the way to go. If they find it then perhaps they add it to another Kamen score as a bonus track. I don't think they can do downloads, the studios retain the rights for those. I believe the labels can only issue the physical CDs.

It appears Intrada has Michael Kamen's score to Roadhouse mixed and ready, one slight problem though, they can't find the reel that has the takes for the climatic final cue.

Since it's been mentioned... yes, we have already transferred and mixed the actual 2" 24-track session masters for Kamen's powerful score to ROAD HOUSE. The master elements appear complete except we can't locate one reel containing all of the takes for "Final Showdown", which is the major action set piece at the end when Swayze takes on Gazzara. We even tried to locate the cue through via original engineer (Stephen McLaughlin) but no such luck.

But we have everything else, including the great fight scene between Swayze and Gazzara's son, which is dynamite.

I guess a mini-poll is in order: would you guys support a limited release of this score knowing it would be mostly complete but wouldn't have the climactic cue? If it were just a lesser cue, we'd have issued it already, but it's a major cue. Anyway, we've already invested a lot of money with MGM and I've already made brand new digital mixes. I'd sure like to recoup that investment. The sound quality is incredible... just not complete. Your thoughts... good or not so good?

--Doug

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1976&start=30

Wow. Talk about a rock and a hard place. :(

Info for Feb 22nd releases:

One Special Collection release, limited to 2000 copies. It's a 2-CD set for $24.99 and features the complete score to an early 90s action score. Big sweeping theme too.

Second title is from the 70s and features a composer Intrada hasn't represented before. Check this out:

http://www.intrada.n...FEB282011_2.m3u

Limited to 1000 copies.

The 2,000 unit 90's release has my interest piqued quite considerably!!! Guesses?

One Special Collection release, limited to 2000 copies. It's a 2-CD set for $24.99 and features the complete score to an early 90s action score. Big sweeping theme too.

Second title is from the 70s and features a composer Intrada hasn't represented before. Check this out:

Limited to 1000 copies.

The 2,000 unit 90's release has my interest piqued quite considerably!!! Guesses?

Red October!! Just kidding but fingers crossed for an expanded release one day. ;)

Limited to 1000 copies.

The 2,000 unit 90's release has my interest peaked quite considerably!!! Guesses?

Could it be Trevor Jones' Cliffhanger?

Cliffhanger is a great guess (the main theme is VERY sweeping), though I don't know if the complete score is long enough to need two CDs

Cliffhanger is a great guess (the main theme is VERY sweeping), though I don't know if the complete score is long enough to need two CDs

Cliffhanger's main theme is actually a major-mode version of the Last of the Mohicans theme :)