Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

It's not limited at all. They originally announced it as limited to 1,000, but then they ended up just giving a bonus disc to the first 1,000 and making it a normal release. It came out 4 years ago and it's still in print today.

I finally pre-ordered the Special Edition of The Hobbit The Battle of the Five Armies. 8th of December can't come soon enough!

10403267_841165639238344_904947832791533

It's not limited at all. They originally announced it as limited to 1,000, but then they ended up just giving a bonus disc to the first 1,000 and making it a normal release. It came out 4 years ago and it's still in print today.

I don't know where you read that, but that isn't right.

It's no longer available at the Warner Bros. store or the (now defunct) promotional website.

It's only available now through whoever puts theirs up on Amazon, eBay or Barnes and Noble.

Wow! You're right - it is finally OOP now! It was still in print and available at multiple retailers the last time I checked. I wonder when it went OOP!

And yea, no matter what, $200 is a freaking awesome price. I would have paid that for it for sure.

What really sucks is that now that it's OOP, some people are justifying a higher price than Warner Bros, some as high as $800 (!?).

Their reason: the 17th bonus CD with Elfman's signature on it.

There was even an eBay listing for just the signed bonus CD. Click below to find out how much it sold for (Hint: I certainly was disgusted):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-Danny-ELFMAN-Tim-BURTON-17-CD-BOX-soundtrack-/200604088964

I've listened to it on Spotify before. It seems a bit short but I enjoy the actual score. I'm picking up whatever JW I don't have whenever I can (there's a lot I don't have).

I've listened to it on Spotify before. It seems a bit short but I enjoy the actual score.

The disc is 64 minutes long. That's with the duplicate Hymn, but it's still the usual length for a JW score, and many people have argued that it's too long for the film. I agree that it *seems* short though, because even though there's an hour of music, most of it is very sparse.

Best track: "Wade's Death".

Williams likes putting spoilers in his track titles. Qui-Gon's Noble End and The Death of Topthorn spring to mind.

It isn't just the Hymm that repeated on the Saving Private Ryan OST.

Track 8, High School Teacher, from 2:39 - 9:30 is an identical repeat of Track 3, Omaha Beach, from 0:22-7:14.

As far as I'm concerned, 'Omaha Beach' is one of the finest tracks Williams has composed.

I really love the expansive flowing rendition of the main theme in that piece.

My latest SAE order arrived last week:

Davey: Waking Ned Devine

Carl Davis: King David

Debney: Cutthroat Island 2CD

Donaggio: Blow Out

Goldsmith: Rio Conchos

Goldsmith: Our Man Flint/In Like Flint

Goodwin: Where Eagles Dare/Operation Crossbow

Goodwin: 633 Squadron/Submarine X-1

Silvestri: Contact

The Film Music of Ralph Vaughan Williams Volume 2

Going through my piles of un-looked-at mail today on my day off.

Recently received scores:

Henry Mancini - The Ultimate Pink Panther (has selections from films 1-2, 4-6, and 9) from Amazon

Haven't listened to it yet, but it was like $5 on Amazon

Jerry Goldsmith - Rio Conchos (Kritzerland), Alan Silvestri - Critical Condition (Quartet), Victor Reyes - Grand Piano from Movie Music

Grand Piano is amazing, so happy to have it on a real CD!

Shirley Walker and co - Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 from La La Land

With autographed cover!

Jerry Goldsmith - Stagecoach / The Loner, James Newton Howard - Dave, Alan Silvestri - The Bodyguard, Nathan Johnson - Looper from La La Land

They were $12 each due to their recent sale!

Good stuff Jason!

John Williams/Alexander Courage: Land of the Giants

John Williams/George Duning: The Time Tunnel

John Williams: Lost in Space Vol. 1

John Williams/various composers: Lost in Space Vol. 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I bought Varese's new Predator 2 release yesterday morning when I woke up. I wish I had any idea when it'd be arriving.

Can't wait to hear it!

Wow!

I ordered three titles from La-La Land on Tuesday - Big Top Pee Wee, Shaft, and The Blue Max - and they arrived today! That was fast! LLL rocks!

Meanwhile, I ordered Predator 2 from Varese a day and a half before that on Monday morning, and it hasn't arrived yet....... :sarcasm:

Yesterday, I ordered the LLL limited edition release of Batman.

Judging by your delivery calculations, my title should arrive tomorrow.

I wouldn't count of that. They got thousands of orders right when their Black Friday titles went on sale. I ordered at 2:59 so I was one of the first orders packaged and shipped.

It could take a while till they get to their orders placed on Wednedsay

Did you receive an e-mail beforehand that your product had shipped before it arrived?

Because in my experience, those usually come first before my product arrives.

Today I've ordered at my favourite store SAE:

- The Nightmare Before Christmas (Elfman, second-hand): it's been many years since hearing this, and I had never owned it legally, but this is one of the few Elfman's that I like a lot.

- Shaft (Arnold): I didn't order it instantly because the boot of this was cool, but not great. I expect this release to be a whole lot better. And this is still from Arnold's early excellent years.

- Predator 2 DE (Silvestri): His action sound was at the top with Predator and to get more of that sound should be enough reason for me.

I order at Screen Archives all the time, only on a couple of occasions I've ordered at the publisher itself, when it's only one item for example, or if it's a severely limited release. The number one reason for me to use SAE is the ability to import lots of scores without fear of having to pay huge amounts of import taxes, and secondly because most of these scores will never be available to buy in this little backward country of mine.

Good stuff Jason!

John Williams/Alexander Courage: Land of the Giants

John Williams/George Duning: The Time Tunnel

John Williams: Lost in Space Vol. 1

John Williams/various composers: Lost in Space Vol. 3

Bit of a Williams fan, are you?

Well a wee bit yes. ;)