James Bond 23: Skyfall FILM Discussion

Greg1138

Bond has driven an Alfa Romeo, AMC Hornet, Jeep Cherokee, An Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Triumph, Range Rover, Lincoln Continental, Ford Galaxie 500, Ford LTD, Lincoln Mark VII, Ford Fairlane, Ford Mondeo, Ford Edge, Ford Bronco II, Chevy Bel Air(first car driven by Bond in the Films), Chevy Impala, Lotus, Mercede's Benz, Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Volvo, AEC Regent Bus, Yamaha motorcycle. Not a comprehensive list.

in the later films though, the aston martin was THE car, while other models were the rent-a-car/I need this car now to chase someone cars...

that is a misconception on your part,

oooooooook, whatever.

EDIT: in this wikipedia page it puts clearly what i mean: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Veh%C3%ADculos_de_James_Bond

James bond/Mi6 owned cars are a majority Aston martins while the other cars in the film are rented, bond is a passenger or the car is obtained on the street.

Sorry it is in spanish ,but if you put it in english, it is so detailed in every car model that a comprenhensive car like this is not there.

I read the one in English, and regardless of ownership Bond drives a hell of a lot more cars than the aston martin.

yeah but the ones he owns or are provided by the MI6 are AM in thier majority.

Of course he has droven other cars, he usually destroys the AM ;)

BTW, these cars are main 'advertising' items like watches, cellphones etc... to in that regard, the aston martin (and its owner company, Ford cars take a prominent importance in the films.

I never had any problem with the Q transition, aside from the original guy passing away. He was only credited as R in World is Not Enough since Bond jokingly calls him that. He was the new Q.

New new Q looks cool. So we'll actually get scenes where Bond is introduced to gadgets that will clearly become handy and pivotal in situations over the course of the movie? It'll probably be toned down, but that's a classic Bond running gag of sorts. Q's scenes were typically among the best.

Thanks for reminding me! Finally had a chance to watch the trailer - both versions - with sound. I am very excited for the film, it looks great, and a huge step in the right direction after QOS

Between the two trailers, I thought the US one was far better, being better organized in terms of the order it showed the scenes and explained the plot. The only thing it was missing was the Bond... James Bond delivery so you do need to watch both versions to get all the new footage

Watching the iMAX trailer clearly he is called Q, so anyone that is bothered by that can stop.

As for Bond's car, Moore had a Lotus for two films, and Brosnan a BMW for three. We didn't even see an Aston Martin after On Her Majesty's Secret Service until The Living Daylights. So Bond has never been an Aston only guy. The DB5 only popped up again in GoldenEye because of the six year break and the producers wanted to show familiar images to fans.

The new movie itself looks like the film we should have gotten after Royale. QoS had some good ideas, but Forster handled the editing very poorly.

This Bond will break 200 million, that's what I'm predicting.

I liked it, but did not like the hyper editing style and shaky cam.

+1!

Does anybody know when is the Skyfall soundtrack supposed to come out? I checked on the Amazon but it's not even up yet, let alone the date ... :blink:

Watching the iMAX trailer clearly he is called Q, so anyone that is bothered by that can stop.

The thing with Q is that it's just a designation - Quartermaster, right? Same with M, so there should have never been any attempt to explain a change in actor since it's merely a job title at MI6.

The thing with Q is that it's just a designation - Quartermaster, right? Same with M, so there should have never been any attempt to explain a change in actor since it's merely a job title at MI6.

Agreed.

Well, the old Q was still on the job in TWINE so having his eventual replacement called R was a nice little joke while at the same time setting up Cleese to be Q in the next film, which he was. The actor had been a part of the franchise so long, that they wanted to give him a proper send off as Major Boothroyd left his position and was replaced by a new man on the job. I don't think R was anymore than Bond's jab at him rather than an official job title.

Whislaw's a very good actor so it will be interesting to see him and his interplay with Bond.

Actually, Newman's SkyFall is the only score left this year I'm excited for.

You don't like Shore's LOTR scores?

They're a good listen. Much more into Bond than anything Tolkien though.

Omg gtfo

Lol. Just kidding. I don't think I've ever heard or seen someone say that. Huh

• 1 month later...

Skyfall has been rated PG13 for "intense violent sequences throughout, some sexuality, language and smoking."

Source: http://boxofficemojo...iew=mpaa&p=.htm

"Smoking", really???

Are you questioning whether Bond or the villain are going to smoke, or that parents in America are so pathetic that they had to complain to get smoking included in the ratings to act like they actually give a damn about their kids?

There is no sex in Middle Earth.

I can hear that announced by the booming voice of Christopher Lee as Saruman. :lol:

That would be hilariously awesome! :lol:

I find it silly that "smoking" is included as a reason a film is PG13. I guess smoking isn't allowed in PG movies now?

You have to be 13 years old to watch someone smoke. Common knowledge!

Not even Philip Morris could pay EON that much.

If Bond smokes anything it will probably be a cigar. Brosnan did have one in Die Another Day.