Complete film music of all Star Wars films to be released?

paleo

foreword by Burtt

"Fuck this book."

:sleepy: Too true. Burtt secretly hates John Williams, I bet.

I can see him sitting down to enjoy specially edited versions of the Star Wars saga with the 'annoying' score removed. Just pure sound effects bliss.

i would like to get hold of that cut...........for rescores

You could invert the audio track from that cut and get the isolated score!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick MaCallum has been promising a second anthology ever since 2002, but since he's become Lucas' poodle...Don't hold your breath, anyone.

----------------------------------

Perhaps this belongs on the "quick qustion" thread, but in 1983, I remember reading in Starlog magazine that there was a "Cantina Band 3". Does anyone know anything about this mysterious piece?

It's possible...I've never heard anything about that, though, and I suspect that if the material was available, they would have put it on the RCA set. They included the unused dianoga cue and the unused original binary sunset cue, after all...

On the original album it appears at the end of the cue "The Walls Converge". For the RCA discs they paced it at the end of "Shootout In The Cell Bay", and the rest of "The Walls Converge" track has now been renamed, "The Trash Compactor".

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna go to bed without my hopes too high. If there's a glorious announcement waiting for me when I wake up...awesome, but I'm not holding my breath. And even if it does happen, I won't feel confident that they did it right until I start reading the reviews after it's released...

Meh... if we're lucky they will put a 5-min featurette on JW in the bonus disc and nothing more.

"Star Wars films are basically like silent movies..."

"...and I asked Steven if he knew any composer..."

"In Episode 2 we finally introduced a love theme to the saga..."

"I can't imagine doing it with anybody else but John"

I can't wait to hear that.

Karol

Just noticed this thread, and hence how potentially significant this announcement could be.

If there are either expansions or isos, aside from observing the flying pig, I'll consider anything related to RotS.

Well it's only the Blu-Ray release of the six films. Bah!

Apparently I was the only one fast enough to see it. :lol: And as I said it's only the 9 disc Blu-ray release of the six films.

They removed the page because they forgot to mention the complete scores release. Trust me.

:lol:

How funny would it be if the reverse would actually be true: the countdown being for a complete release of the six soundtracks without any mention of Blu-rays.

To be fair Lucasfilm has never had a history with isolated scores, and if soundtracks do come then I could see them easily being their own announcement.

I didn't expect announcements of soundtracks to coincide with this release. I have to say I'm disappointed with some of the documentaries... 501st? Star Wars Tech? Bah!

To be fair Lucasfilm has never had a history with isolated scores, and if soundtracks do come then I could see them easily being their own announcement.

That's how I feel

Oh I wasn't concerned about the scores. I'm not expecting those anytime soon.

I'm just referring to the DVD contents. Nothing of interest.

Oh I wasn't concerned about the scores. I'm not expecting those anytime soon.

COUNTDOWN to Star Wars - The Complete Soundtracks:

65 YEARS 11 MONTHS 30 DAYS 23 HOURS 14 MINUTES 03 SECONDS

The threatrical re-release in 3d is a nice time to release the scores.

The did it in 1993 (trilogy on video), they did it in 1997 (SEs on cinema)... they can do it again.

KOTCS also warranted the expanded original films.

History leads to it... lets see.

Lucasfilm will never include isolated scores because there's no money to be made doing it that way. They can release them as soundtracks and make $25 a score.

But they choose not to do either, just to annoy us.

While I know most of you would love isolated scores from the prequels to make your own versions, I have no desire to hear the scores butchered within the films.

Isolated scores = TPM UE.

While I know most of you would love isolated scores from the prequels to make your own versions, I have no desire to hear the scores butchered within the films.

Isolated scores = TPM UE.

Not for Revenge of the Sith. Most cues play unedited in the film. Only one cue , I Am the Senate, would be a problem

Here's a list of cut-down cues in ROTS I am aware of:

-Boys Into Battle

-Get 'Em, R-2!

-The Elevator Scene

-Untitled cue (Album: Grievous and the Droids)

-Grievous Travels to Palpatine

-Scenes and Dreams

-Council Meeting

-Good Guys Arrive (Intro replaced by tracked material from Boys Into Battle)

-Rolling With Grievous

-Fighting With Grievous

-I Am The Senate (most horrendously edited cue in the film)

-Palpatine Instructs Anakin

-Lament

-Bail's Escape

-Moving Things Along (Intro omitted for tracked material from Council Meeting)

-Anakin's Dark Deeds

-It Can't Be

-End Credits

Now, thats a lot of cut-down cues, and I haven't even listed the cues where Lucas has tampered/looped/changed the tempo.