Do you like Two and a Half Men?

Josh500

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Two and a Half Men?

• Yes.
    • No.

Well?

What's your opinion on this show?

I don't watch it regularly, but I find it pretty funny whenever I do watch it (mindless, guilty pleasure is what it is, pretty much). So I clicked "yes."

PS: The most amazing thing about this show is that Charlie Sheen reportedly makes $1,9 million per episode...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As american sitcoms go, I don't mind it, it's quite amusing. My girlfriend really likes it. Another I don't mind is Big Bang Theory.

I'm super fussy with tv comedy, usually preferring home grown stuff over stateside imports.

PS: The most amazing thing about this show is that Charlie Sheen reportedly makes $1,9 million per episode...

That sort of thing really cheeses me off. The guy doesn't need $2 million.

I occasionally watch it in the background, but it's not a show I've latched onto. I prefer King of Queens these days.

Whether he needs it or not is really beside the point. If we all earned only what we really needed, we would all be making 10 bucks an hour, and that's it. Even John Williams and Steven Spielberg! ;)

I occasionally watch it in the background, but it's not a show I've latched onto. I prefer King of Queens these days.

Yeah, King of Queens was the best.

I'm super fussy with tv comedy, usually preferring home grown stuff over stateside imports.

I somehow can't get into British TV comedies, dunno why.

I liked Coupling, though, but other than that... the humor seems to be (even) more crude and provocative in the UK. Maybe that's just me, though.

I like it, and watch it ocassionally. But I hate when it goes with a full episode of toilet humour. And the laugh track can get really annoying at times...

But overall, it has some good episodes, and some really hot chicks! Sometimes that's all you need.

And the laugh track can get really annoying at times...

Yes, they do use laugh tracks, but it's not ALL laugh tracks, you know?

Two and a Half Men is taped in front of a live audience (like many other US sitcoms).

Whether he needs it or not is really beside the point. If we all earned only what we really needed, we would all be making 10 bucks an hour, and that's it. Even John Williams and Steven Spielberg! ;)

Ha! If only people could live on $10 an hour. Not possible in the U.S.

No, I don't like it.

I *love* it!

It's probably the most compatible and talented cast since, well, a long time.

I don't give a damn about Charlie Sheen's private life, he's just marvellous in the role, even though I consider John Cryer to be the real central character of the show.

Squab forever!

Not really. I'm making my way through The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and The Bob Newhart Show on Hulu right now and find them much more enjoyable than any sitcom currently in production. (On the other hand, overall I think primetime dramas are as good today as they've ever been.)

Yes, I prefer your homegrown stuff over my homegrown stuff too. I guess we just prefer quality. ;)

As for the show in question, was made to watch the first episode, nothing grabbed me. The problem with US comedies vs their British counterparts is that in the UK it tends to be a single writer or small team working under a lead writer who can focus on things like character, plot, etc., whereas in the US it's a bunch of writers in a room throwing out random one-liners and keeping the ones that (mostly) don't suck.

Yes I do like it although I thought the show should have continued

with Charlie getting married.

Put the spoiler in case some people are just beginning to watch it.

It's a very funny show and well cast too.

Yes I do like it although I thought the show should have continued

with Charlie getting married.

Put the spoiler in case some people are just beginning to watch it.

It's a very funny show and well cast too.

I disagree.

I thought the show works better

without Charlie being married. With Chelsea, the whole show had an additional tone I didn't like.

I think the show works best this way, and even the best concepts run dry at some point. So, instead of changing the constellation of the series, it would be best to just end it.

Charlie

will marry Rose anyway

;)

CBS doesn't understand the phrase "enough is enough." Does all the talk of this should have happened and such mean the show is coming to an end? I haven't liked it ever since the kid grew up. It's too much of the same after awhile, especially since there's very little character development.

It's a funny show when I find the time to watch it, which usually amounts to reruns on networks other than CBS, and when I can ignore the fact that Charlie Sheen is an a-hole. It was better years ago when the boy was younger and you could accept his naivety more easily. Now I just like it for all the women it recruits for Charlie's exploits. Even Rose is quite the hottie.

Koray is somewhat correct. What I highlighted as a spoiler would have been a perfect ending to the show. Yes it's probably gone several seasons too long, "Jumped the shark" as they say.

Some shows know when to end, Everyone Loves Raymond comes to mind. How I Met Your Mother is another example of a show that needs to start wrapping things up.

"That 70's Show" could have used that same plot point to end the show. Instead, it jumped the shark by keeping Eric and Kelso onboard for one more meandering season, before they left to pursue film careers and the show lost all direction.

That 70s Shows stumbled, but it didn't fall. It ended well and on a high-note.

Maybe I was confusing it with "Boy Meets World." I thought that show jumped the shark when its two lovebirds got married.

Well I don't remember the last few seasons of That 70s Show well. I actually think I missed a couple after Topher Grace left. But as far as I can remember, Eric and Donna never actually got married. I think Jackie ended up with Fez. Either way, the last scene in the basement and the countdown into the new year (1980) was perfect.

Is it sad that That 70s Show is the only good live action show to come out of Fox?

Is it sad that That 70s Show is the only good live action show to come out of Fox?

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I don't remember the last few seasons of That 70s Show well. I actually think I missed a couple after Topher Grace left. But as far as I can remember, Eric and Donna never actually got married. I think Jackie ended up with Fez. Either way, the last scene in the basement and the countdown into the new year (1980) was perfect.

The season without Grace and Kutcher was the show's last. After Eric stood Donna up at the altar, I thought the show jumped the shark because they tried to have a relationship afterwards, even though it felt wrong. In a "real" relationship, that would probably have been disastrous.

Part of the show's central charm was its sense of anachronism. From the very first season, Eric was obsessed with Star Wars, but if 1980 was that magical line that "That 70's Show" could not cross, then they found a way to cram seven years of high school and college years into a decade that just meandered. I mean, Eric periodically mentioned that he hoped Luke and Leia would hook up, which would elicit loud laughs of irony from the audience because he never reached the year where it became wrong.

I never cared for Arrested Development.

That 70's Show's pilot actually takes place in May 1976, and halfway through the season they were in 1977.

Seasons 2 and 3 took place in 1977, until it transitioned to 1978 at the end of the 3rd season.

Seasons 4, 5, and most of 6 took place in 1978, then the rest of 6 and all of 7 and 8 took place in 1979

The last few seasons were bad, basically after Kutcher and Grace left. It's a good example of a show that overstayed its welcome, going out with a whimper.

I remember watching one episode where someone had SW toys, and they had some of the new Hasbro toys in there. That killed it for me.

Clarence Boddicker was funny, though. Was his wife hot?

Sitcom or all? What about X-Files?

Clarence Boddicker was funny, though. Was his wife hot?

Nope

Sitcom or all? What about X-Files?

Fox has had tons of good live action shows, Koray doesn't know what he's talking about

Kelso was in the first 4 episodes of the last season, then the final one

Grace's re-appearance was handled poorly. Too bad they didnt just end the show after Season 7

• 2 months later...

"I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can't handle my power and can't handle the truth," the letter reads. "I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words – imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists."

With rhetoric like this we can succeed Khadafi!