Alan Silvestri scoring Captain America: The First Avenger

Ollie

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's - as usual - a much too long album. Just to stir the old pot a little. :lol:

At half length, it would be really sweet. The action music is more G. I. JOE than DREDD, but there is enough meaty stuff in between.

It was pretty good. I don't much like Evans, and I don't know if I like him as this almost propaganda image of the ideal soldier(morally, not physically.) However, Tommy Lee Jones and Hugo Weaving boosted it way up. Weaving is a great, campy villain a la Kenneth Branagh circa Wild Wild West. I found many of his lines to be funny, and his delivery was great.

Compared to the other shite that is put on record store shelves this summer, Captain America is pure gold. I don't care what other people think.

Compared to the other shite that is put on record store shelves this summer, Captain America is pure gold. I don't care what other people think.

Yes.

There are record stores?

Yes some of them survived the catastrophic rise of internet retailers and have formed a resistance group that boldy and cheekily sells physical CDs in actual brick-and-mortar shops. The nerve and audacity of the entrepreneurs is truly shocking!

Listening to the soundtrack on Spotify, I'm finding it makes for a pretty tedious listen. You could probably wring a decent 20-30 minutes from it to fashion an old-school Varese-style release, but overall there's little here of note.

Probably the best superhero score of the summer, though.

Listening to the soundtrack on Spotify, I'm finding it makes for a pretty tedious listen. You could probably wring a decent 20-30 minutes from it to fashion an old-school Varese-style release, but overall there's little here of note.

Probably the best superhero score of the summer, though.

I have to admit, despite the whole score being quite likeable, the real gripping action starts in the last 30 minutes of the album from Triumphant Return onwards.

I like the score quite a bit. Never was impressed with the Mummy Returns score.

I thought it was presented fairly well. The parts that you want to be prominent, like the theme itself, really stand out in the mix. In one part at least it basically takes over the mix. I was impressed with the film and the score. Definitely not your typical fare these days.

• 9 months later...

Sorry to bump such an old thread but I had a question; is this album already in chronological order? Also, the march track from iTunes, isn't it pretty close to the first part of the end credits so do you guys leave it after the Star Spangled Man song or move it somewhere else? Just looking for some opinions on it's placement.

Yes it is in chronological order. Personally, I moved the March to the very end of my playlist right after "Passage of Time" and omitted the song altogether. I STILL can't get enough of this score... although I'm enjoying The Avengers, I find Cap to be a far more rewarding (and enjoyable) listen.

yeah i put it also before the song.

I think the end credits march is the same cue (maybe abridged editorially) its sounds the same, IRRC.

not including it on the CD. One of the Biggest errors in film score OST releases.

Just relistened this score today.

The march is so old fashioned and fits so well with the film.

Shame composers are not allowed to write like that for superhero movies anymore.