Well. That looked nothing like a James Bond film.

Why is it so hard for them to make a film where he flirts with Moneypenny, gets an assignment from M, gadgets from Q, globe-hops to a few places banging women and getting involved in action and chase scenes while spouting one liners, drinking martinis, and saving the world at the end?

Why do we have to have another dark, brooding story about his family and past? It looks like no one is having fun in this movie at all.

So Christoph Waltz is his dad?

How does QUANTUM fit into this?

Why is it so hard for them to make a film where he flirts with Moneypenny, gets an assignment from M, gadgets from Q, globe-hops to a few places banging women and getting involved in action and chase scenes while spouting one liners, drinking martinis, and saving the world at the end?

That all happens, trust me.

So Christoph Waltz is his dad?

Waltz is allegedly Bond's adopted brother Franz, the son of Hannes Oberhauser - the man who taught Bond to ski as teenager in the Austrian Alps, and was something of a surrogate father. That's partly derived from Ian Fleming's short story, Octopussy, which bares almost no relation to the film.

How does QUANTUM fit into this?

Mr. White was the leader of Quantum, and both him and the organisation have been brought to their knees by SPECTRE.

Teasers should highlight the action and fun stuff, not just show a bunch of people standing around talking!

Looks great.

And as much as I will miss the great Roger Deakins, Hoyte seems to have done a terrific job.

Teasers should highlight the action and fun stuff, not just show a bunch of people standing around talking!

Go back to the early 2000s and leave us be. God forbid we try something different!

Every trailer these days feels the need to show ALL the action

The SPECTRE trailer was far more intriguing by avoiding that. I don't need to see a single frame of action before I watch the movie....I know it's going to have that, so why spoil it now?

No.

My guess is that the info Bond gets from Dominic Greene at the end of QoS was enough to put QUANTUM out of action, or seemingly. But something new grew from it's ashes.

It's nice that they're picking up the CR/QOS storyline though and morphing it, instead of just LaLaLaLa....Universe Change!