TWIN PEAKS

Romão

Weirdly, in all the Internet conversation and speculation I’ve seen and participated in over the twenty-seven-or-so years since I first saw Twin Peaks, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody note the season, nor have I personally taken note of the season the date directs until today.  

The slightly gold-tinted picture of the original series definitely contributed to those fall vibes.

• 3 months later...

Apprently she considered the B-52s stint a high point of her career.

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/julee-cruise-rest-in-peace-1956-2022/

For those of you who go back, I thought you might want to know that I said goodbye to my wife, Julee Cruise, today. She left this realm on her own terms. No regrets. She is at peace. Having had such a varied music career she often said that the time she spent as a B filling in for Cindy while she was having a family was the happiest time of her performing life. She will be forever grateful to them. When she first stepped up to the mic with Fred and Kate she said it was like joining the Beatles. She will love them always and never forget their travels together around the world. I played her Roam during her transition. Now she will roam forever. Rest In Peace, my love, and love to you all.

Bowie was a fan.

I would consider Floating Into the Night to be among my all-time pop albums, although it’s so inextricably tied to Twin Peaks for me that I don’t know whether I’d feel the same way going in cold.  Some of the best songs are non-Peaks songs (Floating and I Float Alone, imo).

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

Do I spy Lynch gearing up for an announcement in the most typical Lynch fashion possible?

Nevermind, I see he’s been doing this for a while on his channel

Just like his weather reports. Someone give this man a job!

On 10/06/2022 at 11:36 AM, mstrox said:

Bowie was a fan.

I would consider Floating Into the Night to be among my all-time pop albums, although it’s so inextricably tied to Twin Peaks for me that I don’t know whether I’d feel the same way going in cold.  Some of the best songs are non-Peaks songs (Floating and I Float Alone, imo).

Love it.

My favorite song is " Mystery of Love".

I don't associate any of the songs with TP or BV.

Rip JC

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
59 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Surely David Lynch must be tired of reading the weather forecast!

He stopped doing those in December, sadly. I've got a Lynch film night coming up and was hoping to open it with his current weather report.

Well, I’ve never liked Dune and its universe, so I guess I’d start there.  It was beautiful and the action sequences were well done, but otherwise it was a loud fart of a movie full of actors who I know for a fact know how to emote yet somehow fail to do it for three hours.

Flat, uninvolving cinematography,

Supporting characters who are, merely, cyphers (Thufir Hawat; Peiter Dr Vries),

"Harkonnen". Ffs, that annoyed me, at the cinema,

Far too many shots of Chiani, at the start of the film,

Zimmer's score (nuff said),

Jason Mamoa (nuff said),

A whiny, talentless millennial for a lead.

It's not David Lynch's version.

How's that for starters?

12 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

Am I crazy or wasn't David Lynch meant to be working on something new called 'Wysteria' or something?

There were rumors that he was working on a series codenamed Unrecorded Night/Wisteria with Netflix.

A lot of of his Twin Peaks cast subtlety posted pictures of themselves in front of wisteria trees on Instagram. When people noticed it, Kyle McLaughlin publicly said that his photo was a coincidence and that he was not working on anything with Lynch.

Production was halted during the height of COVID and Lynch said he wouldn’t continue to work until there was a vaccine.

No one has heard anything about it since, so it’s assumed that Netflix cancelled the production. 

Have there been any recent Lynch news at all? Stopping the weather report and number of the day in mid-December could mean he's now busy with other stuff… or that he just stopped being busy altogether.

"In September of last year, I was told by someone in-charge of one of the original shooting locations in Snoqualmie that Lynch and his team had indeed been in town that summer shooting something that was post-apocalyptic in nature."

I would love something post-apocalyptic from Lynch!