Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

The 4 was probably not included in case this film never actually gets made ;)

Well the logo in the novel was described as being blue. Could be a coincidence most likely. But the loss of a 4 or subtitle is odd. Sam Neil recently said it was a reboot and he wasn't involved. I would love it of they remade it to be more like the book. They had so much trouble coming up with a sequel story maybe that is the route they ended up with? Lol.

I also thought about the novel having a blue logo...

IT would be interesting to watch a reboot more closely realted to the book (and especially for the lost world). But i think it will be odd for spielber's classic.

Well, as long as the dinosaur designs stay the same.... :)

Screw the dinos! I want more of the atmosphere.

That's a nice logo, btw. However, why is there nothing to suggest "4"?

It would be strange to see a logo in the film with 4 included. It was already strange to see vehicles with a Lost World logo in TLW, since everything just belonged to Jurassic Park.

Have you guys read this? Apparently it's the story before the new rewrites...

JURASSIC PARK 4, set in present day Isla Nublar, is now an actual theme park, as originally intended by John Hammond in the first film. It garners 10 million visitors per year and is completely safe - until it's not. The park itself is described a very Sea World-esque and includes an area called the Isla Nublar Lagoon. That means underwater dino's for the first time. No indication of what kind, but there's concept art showing one of the aquatic dino's, as part of a show, jumping out of the lagoon and eating a strung up great white shark like it was a fish for a dolphin at sea world.

As part of a show, you ask? That's right, folks, this will feature "tamed" dino's. In fact, our source indicated that the usually menacing Velociraptors (which will finally be muzzled, along with the T-Rex - until they're not) will actually be used to help fight the threat, which begins in the form of a new dinosaur, not seen in any of the previous films (and not disclosed to us) shows to be much smarter than originally thought and is the main cause of havoc breaking out at the park.

So, to sum it all up, JURASSIC PARK 4 will take place back on Isla Nublar with a fully operational dinosaur theme park (I'm sure no expense was spared) that's both prosperous and safe, until a new dinosaur figures out a way to wreak havoc, causing the use of the now tamed Velociraptors (and T-Rex? Unclear) as a means to fighting the threat.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-spoilers-awesome-details-on-the-story-and-concept-for-jurassic-park-iv

So its like an alternate reality...if Denis Nedry had not screwed everything.

It's an interesting twist to 'reboot' the franchise. Tamed dinos...OK, but being used to hunt the other bad dino... im not sure i like that. It's going to be very different. I think putting some group of tourists in jeopardy would work well even if it's the same thing as always. Now the blue logo makes sense...

Well this can mean that a them park builder videogame even better than operation genesis could be created :)

After TLW and JPIII it seems unlikely.

I mean, after TLW Sorna is a restricted area, and I doubt they would let the park be rebuilt after what happened in nublar and then at San diego...

It makes more sense making a 'what if'

i dont like reboots anyway...but this franchise is not very good for making stories. It only goes well with ones like "a group of people stranded in a island full of loose dinosaurs"...

Actually after the Global economic crises hit Costa Rica hard, it decided to team up with InGen (who had been hit even harder after the San Diego incident and exploit the resources available to them and reorganize and re-open the park.

The San Diego incident may have been terrible, but it also peaked people's curiosity about dinosaurs.

I'd rather watch a film taking place in Disneyland where Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down and the pirates start eating tourists.

Great plot actually...it could turn out as a Westworld or Terminator-like thriller :)

Anyway, that new JP plot sounds ok...would be great to see the park operational after all...and a new JP score by JW

I'd rather watch a film taking place in Disneyland where Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down and the pirates start eating tourists.

Great plot actually...it could turn out as a Westworld or Terminator-like thriller :)

Pirattes of the caribbean 5! :P

Hmmm....not sure about that plotline. Seems like more of a rollercoaster 'death and destruction'-type thingie and less reliance on mood and atmosphere. The greatest thing about all three JP movies are the segments BETWEEN the dinosaur encounters, when you really get to soak it all up. Not that the dinosaurs encounters and action setpieces aren't engaging (they most definitely are!), but that's not the main attraction for me.

Incidentally, underwater dinos already appeared in the JURASSIC PARK game from Telltale (which I consider part of the universe).

Maybe they just wanted to make Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis THE MOVIE!

Btw, what IS the music in the 2nd half of the above trailer? It's not from the game, nor made by the composer (I asked).

Maybe they just wanted to make Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis THE MOVIE!

Btw, what IS the music in the 2nd half of the above trailer? It's not from the game, nor made by the composer (I asked).

LOL i asked him too :P

He said it must had been some UNiversal studios stock music or from the company that did the trailer.

It really sounds like it could be from the game...(sounds like the adventure theme)

That theme park rumor looks like it's got credibility to it. Should be interesting if it is the driving plot of the actual film... unlike that unbelievable decade-long rumor about mutant human-dinosaur hybrids with guns.

Anyone with half a brain knows Spielberg ain't stupid enough to try that in a JP movie.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh right. I remember now. Summer 2015 is the most crowded summer in the history of all time

• 4 weeks later...

I totally forgot to post this here. One of my friends, Jack, was able to do an exclusive interview with the director/writer of JP4! Check it out!

Questions were spoiler-free of course, but some of his comments did confirm a few things by the way he answered them. Oh and... I was able to talk to Jack before he did the interview to mention if he would ask him "will the composer you choose use John Williams themes?". While they sort of didn't ask my question right, basically instead asking if John Williams would come back, his answer was rather... interesting. (at around 13:50)

In short... the director seems pretty genuine and seems to know what he is doing and exactly what he wants for himself, and for fans and even non-fans, for this film. I think JP4 needed something like this for people to be interested again, because too much "quiet" on a film these days usually spells trouble. But this interview is incredibly reassuring that things are still ticking. And hopefully the results will be great.

• 2 weeks later...

A recent Variety article states that Jurassic Park 4, as several big tentpole franchises from Universal, is being given the greenlight to shoot next year. Additionally, former WB co-financer Legendary Pictures is eyeing this film as one of its first co-productions with the studio.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/dracula-legendary-universal-pictures-1200589201/