Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

Check this out:

http://www.jurassicpark4-movie.com/news/784

So, definitely on a supposed short hiatus, but not canned. Although it seems like the studio is intervening to make it "bigger" somehow. Not a script problem... but a studio one. Mostly just the art crew were let go... I guess due to creative differences. But the director still remains... although apparently "heartbroken" by what is going on.

So really... it's all a waiting game now to see what to make of all this crap...

Yeah, that's really devastating news if it's true! Rile me up this much, only to pull me down again. I should have expected something like this with the short timeframe they had -- and the general problem of getting a no. 4 off the ground.

But I still cling to a faint hope. I can deal with a postponement. A cancellation altogether, however..... :(

Universal Pictures has issued a formal statement, saying that "In coordination with the filmmakers, Universal has decided to release Jurassic Park 4 at a later date giving the studio and the filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best possible version of the fourth installment in Universal's beloved franchise." They also add, “We could not be more excited about the vision that Colin Trevorrow has created for this film, and we look forward to watching as he and the producers create another great chapter in this franchise’s storied history."

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/universal-postpones-jurassic-park-4-date/

So probably a late 2014 or summer 2015 date is in the cards now.

Summer 2015 is so crowded! Star Wars 7, Pirates 5, Jurassic Park 4, Avengers 2!!

I knew it! Just a delay, then. It really figured. I couldn't fathom how they would be able to make a film like this in just one year, really.

Summer 2015 is so crowded! Star Wars 7, Pirates 5, Jurassic Park 4, Avengers 2!!

I think it's still possible Jurassic Park 4 can make summer 2014, depending on how long the hiatus is. Maybe late July or August?

Even if Universal moves this film back to 2015, even that June is wide open... June 12 or 26, for example.

The only thing is... from what I have read and know... the delay is being caused by desires from the studio to change the story to make it "bigger". That doesn't always mean "better"... especially if it is taking away creative control from the real filmmakers (such as the director, who I know is still involved). I just wonder... how much of the story WILL they change? And how long will it take for them to finally agree again? It seems neverending that they just can't nail the story.

Sorry to sound pessimistic. While JP4 is indeed NOT canned like it really almost felt like it was... it could potentially be delayed for a long time yet again. But I guess we will just wait and see.

Variety reveals some more details about Jurassic Park 4...

- Actors like Bryce Dallas Howard (Lady in the Water) and David Oyelowo (Jack Reacher) were apparently on Universal's short list of actors being cast in the film. (No word on whether they'll join the project once the hiatus is finished.)

- Colin Trevorrow's deal to direct the film also also let him and co-writer Derrick Connolly rewrite Jaffa & Silver's script

UPDATE!

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/universal-delays-jurassic-park-4-release-1200477065/

They had already done some casting, including Bryce Dallas Howard. Not sure if that means she will still be on board.

But what it says that is REALLY interesting is that the script was being re-written by the same guy who screenwrote the director's Safety Not Guaranteed film. This COULD be good news, since that film had wonderful character and development.

VERY interesting...

EDIT: Matt C, you beat me to it!

I am not a big fan of Bryce Dallas Howard personally but I wont mind if she gets eaten by dinosaurs.

She was great in The Village. Beyond that, I don't know if I've even seen her in anything else actually

She was great in The Village. Beyond that, I don't know if I've even seen her in anything else actually

She sleepwalked through Terminator 4. She didnt have the most challenging role, but still, the difference with Claire Danes' performance was painfully obvious.

I think EVERYONE slept walk through Terminator 4, honestly. ;)

Another article, with an interesting bit of additional info.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jurassic-park-4-universal-puts-519479

Plus, tweets from the writer of the article, here:

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/

It further states that Trev has been in Hawaii for some time, with his screenwriter, churning out the script. They had sent a draft to the studio, and it is because of this draft the studio got was "way more epic and ambitious" than they had thought.

So what this may mean? The studio is allowing more time to create this bigger vision of whatever story they had planned... and are putting more money into it.

It seems like MAYBE the early tweets, the ones from the people that were "let go" or "put on hiatus" are those who are disgruntled due to the changes being made, or the fact they may or may not have lost their jobs. I think both sides tell the true story... with the press trying to put a more positive light on it. I just hope they make a better movie for it, and one with the director actually in control. If this new report is to be believed... it is all being done for the right reasons.

Good question, being executive producer, you'd think he agreed to this decision, given the leeway he has on the studios.

I'm HOPING the delay in actual production won't be too long... but I'm also sure the release date will definitely be changed for later, like a year or even more. Just as long as production isn't HALTED... I think all is well.

I remember Fox was going full-speed ahead on Rise of the Apes for a Memorial Day 2011 release (just a little over a year for production), then they pushed it to Thanksgiving. Then a few months after that, they moved it up to August 5, 2011.

Granted, that movie wasn't on a hiatus, but it turned out very well for a fast-tracked production. Maybe the same will be for Jurassic Park 4.

it was a terrible movie.

I saw it at the dollar movie theatre on half price day and felt like I was owed back 7 bucks.

One of the worst films ever put on celluloid.

It has some of the most awful scenes and contrieved storylines I ever saw.

Thank god Elfman saw it coming and left the Spider-Man project.

New tweet by the director.

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/332525971448147968

There is no friction. @UniversalPics is giving us time to make the movie you deserve. Keep telling me what you see. We're all directing JP4.

So, I guess this is pretty good news then to hear straight from the director.

They probably saw the interest that the 3D showings had and decided to actually give him the time to make the movie good. Hopefully he delivers, as I thought he did a great job on Safety Not Guaranteed.

I was underwhelmed by SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED, but Trevorrow has his heart in the right place, and I like what I've heard of his preferences. So I'm totally fine with a postponement -- impatient as I may be.

• 1 month later...

wood?

It's metalic, just as JPIII. But blue instead of red.

Red metallic logo was used in JP Operation genesis videogame and it's been the franchise logo after JPIII, i think.

it's a movie about dinosaurs attacking and men getting in little robot suits to fight them, or maybe trained dinosaurs in little robot suits to fight against the others. Ohhh a military application of dinoaurs, or better yet Scott meets Cameron meets Spielberg,

the dinosaurs are trained to fight an invading force of xenomorphs.

In others words we've got to come up with a better idea than sticking them in an island again.

I get concerned when the lengths between sequels get longer.

The logical place to go after The Lost World would have been storylines about dinosaurs in suburban or city areas, but sadly they went back to the island for JP3 and I'm sure they will again for JP4

Screw the dinos! I want more of the atmosphere.

That's a nice logo, btw. However, why is there nothing to suggest "4"?

Screw the dinos! I want more of the atmosphere.

That's a nice logo, btw. However, why is there nothing to suggest "4"?

I guess they don't want to reveal the title so it's just "Jurassic Park is coming!!" type of thing.

The dinos are a part of the atmosphere...