Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Gotta fill the quota!

Star Wars has yet to have homosexual characters!

C-3po and Ziro the hutt dont think so... :P

Ziro DID have a girlfriend...

Gotta fill the quota!

Yeah and Harper Lee was Truman Capote's girl friend. ;)

Gotta fill the quota!

Did you know Zero talks like Truman Capote or was that a lucky guess? :lol:

Gotta fill the quota!

Did you know Zero talks like Truman Capote or was that a lucky guess? :lol:

Yeah I saw an episode of the Clone Wars with the character in it and it was all too obvious who inspired his voice.

Good to know although it was somewhat expected with the original trilogy's stars being as aged as they are. :)

And I am dreading the announcement of Adam Driver as the villain. The giant eared young man isn't quite main villain material in my eyes.

I'm not bringing up Heath Ledger. I'm not. ;)

Karol

;)

I must have not followed the saga of this film so carefully but I completely missed the fact that Kasdan is writing the script. It could be good.

No surprises in that article

It's kind of exciting they are 2 months away from shooting a brand new Star Wars movies, on real film on real sets, isn't it?

And good ol' Johnny is scoring it soon enough! :)

I doubt he'll be writing much score before 2015.

Soon enough!

Given how much of it's being made over here in England, I wonder if they'll persuade John to come over and score with the LSO again.

Given how much of it's being made over here in England, I wonder if they'll persuade John to come over and score with the LSO again.

Given that they locked in John Williams last year, it's a given he agreed to record in London. Plus Disney and Lucasfilm would enforce that given the generous tax incentives for both filming and post-production work in the UK.

So John Williams was consulted for the new Russell Crowe movie? Good, I hope it's historically accurate.

Rich

Wait what?

He's saying that he's old.

Why aren't they shooting in Sydney??

Why wouldn't they shoot in England? 83.3% (lol) of all Star Wars movies had their principal photography in that country. It's like saying a James Bond film shouldn't be shot at Pinewood! It's part of a business tradition that Disney wants to keep in the franchise.

R2-D2 is the first confirmed character! (nobody is surprised).

If they keep a semi-formal canon history, 30 years later means that Chewbacca (since he died 25 ABY) won't be in the movie.

They'll do what they did with the pre-Prequels stuff: chuck all the post-OT stuff out in favour of the new films. That means no Ben Skywalker, Jacen and Jaina Solo or Palpatine clones. And Chewbacca won't be dead.

i just hope this 'we are not going to use the EU' thing is a typical abrahms plot to mislead rumours. And that in the end he is such a huge fan of the EU he is going to take into account everything.... and it is set 40 ABY. :P

Doubt it. Even if Abrams has co-written the script, the base line still comes from George Lucas, and he's still creative consultant.

Doubt it. Even if Abrams has co-written the script, the base line still comes from George Lucas, and he's still creative consultant.

That's what they say to soothe the mind of the remaining Lucas apostles. At this stage, they don't want to make it seem as if all the wires with Lucas are cut. They are not that confident yet.

its a shame that Lucas literally truncated, forced or banned some elements of the EU, when in the end he is going to screw it whole.

I mean, they could never kill the big three, he chose chewie to be killed, he killed anakin solo because he was called anakin, yoda's species and background could never been explored...

My bad, i didnt write my thoughts.

It is bad because he restrained the EU. It could have been better in some places.

And in the end, for nothing, since his vision and the old EU are going to be two different and excluding entities.

R2-D2 is the first confirmed character! (nobody is surprised).

Wasn't that confirmed months ago?

Yes, it was. There's been a picture of him with KK and JJ floating around for awhile. They've gotten some UK based fans who are R2 builders to help out apparently.