old tv segment of JW recording ROTJ score

artguy360

Thanks. I've seen that but neglected to book mark it, which is unlike me.

That's interesting the concert beginning of Parade of the Ewoks was recorded at those sessions. It didn't make it onto the CD/LP.

Thank you for sharing! I've never seen this before as well. I particularly like the footage from about 11:00, with John Williams composing (or at least acting like he's composing :lol:).

1 hour ago, pete said:

Thanks. I've seen that but neglected to book mark it, which is unlike me.

That's interesting the concert beginning of Parade of the Ewoks was recorded at those sessions. It didn't make it onto the CD/LP.

My impression is that the "Parade of the Ewoks" footage is from a concert rehearsal (with the Boston Pops?) rather than the JEDI sessions seen a little later in the video.

That makes sense, and actually the piece of music they play next isn't from Return of the Jedi, right? I couldn't quite identify it though. I'll give it another few listens. Mmm maybe it is..around 3:25

Found it, it's from Sail Barge Assault aka Return of the Jedi on the original release. And I assume that is from the Jedi sessions. 

27 minutes ago, Scarpia said:

His music from the gods will redeem him!

"From the gods"? So is a polytheist now? That's even worse!

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

You already tried that joke 4 posts earlier and no one laughed.

Never stopped you from repeating a joke ad nauseam before!

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

"From the gods"? So is a polytheist now? That's even worse!

Here's proof your change of mind is a recent one! John Williams was our Lord.

On 19/11/2015 at 8:36 AM, BloodBoal said:

Meh. They don't really compare to Williams' music from the gods.

Really, before Williams was born, the world was just a dark and desolated place, with nothing in it really worth living for...

Oh, wow, this is wonderful! Thank you for sharing! :) It’s definitely new for me. If only we could have had these kinds of documentaries at home back when I was a kid. I don’t know which one is more amusing, conducting like a Jedi, walking like a shark, or marching as a raider :D

15 hours ago, pete said:

That makes sense, and actually the piece of music they play next isn't from Return of the Jedi, right? I couldn't quite identify it though. I'll give it another few listens. Mmm maybe it is..around 3:25

Found it, it's from Sail Barge Assault aka Return of the Jedi on the original release. And I assume that is from the Jedi sessions. 

The piece you couldnt identify...is E.T.!

Yeah sail barge assault is Sessions, as they are in abbey road. the Parade of the ewoks bit is not the same room, and dark as it is, it seems a concert hall. (the ET segment if from the boston pops. And parade of the ewoks sounds like in the boston pops cd.

Actually the piece I couldn't identify was the Jaws Theme. I thought it might have been from Stanley and Iris, but then realized that was composed much later.

I've seen this before (in fact, I have it on a disc somewhere), but I can't remember if the footage is taken from other sources (the BBC documentary?) or if it was part of this video.

17 hours ago, Stefancos said:

You couldnt identify the Jaws Theme?

Just kidding. I initially had trouble identifying the segment from Sail Barge Assault because it wasn't from the beginning. 

I attended an open rehearsal for Williams 1998 London concert. It's really trippy hearing an orchestra start playing from the middle of a piece^

On Monday, February 22, 2016 at 4:32 AM, Stefancos said:

Actually Williams does not state that he is an atheist. Simply that he's not a particularly religious man. Which, especially in the US, doesn't have to mean atheist or agnostic.

He's always struck me as an "Einstein Atheist".

4 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Williams isn't a religous man because he is God. No need for him to pray to himself.

The Prodigal Son returns, it seems!

The Source. Heaven. Eden. Call it what you will. The Klingons call it Qui'Tu. To the Romulans, it's Vorta Vor. To JWFan, it's E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. The Andorian word is...is unpronounceable.

On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Stefancos said:

Which is?

Einstein was most definitely an atheist, but spoke poetically about the universe and human nature as to be seem something like a pantheist.