Worst Actress
Ryan Kiera Armstrong, “Firestarter”
Bryce Dallas Howard, “Jurassic Park: Dominion”
Diane Keaton, “Mack & Rita”
Kaya Scodelario, “The King’s Daughter”
Alicia Silverstone, “The Requin”

Worst Remake/Rip-off/Sequel
“Blonde”
BOTH “365 Days” Sequels – “365 Days: This Day” & “The Next 365 Days” [a Razzie BOGO]
“Disney’s Pinocchio”
“Firestarter”
“Jurassic World: Dominion”

Worst Supporting Actress
Adria Arjona, “Morbius”
Lorraine Bracco (Voice Only), “Disney’s Pinocchio”
Penelope Cruz, “The 355”
Bingbing Fan, “The 355” & “The King’s Daughter”
Mira Sorvino, “Lamborghini: The Man Behind the Legend”

Worst Supporting Actor
Pete Davidson (Cameo Role), “Good Mourning”
Tom Hanks, “Elvis”
Xavier Samuel, “Blonde”
Mod Sun, “Good Mourning”
Evan Williams, “Blonde”

Worst Screen Couple
Colson Baker (aka Machine Gun Kelly) & Mod Sun, “Good Mourning”
Both Real Life Characters in the Fallacious White House Bedroom Scene, “Blonde”
Tom Hanks & His Latex-Laden Face (and Ludicrous Accent), “Elvis”
Andrew Dominik & His Issues with Women, “Blonde”
The Two “365 Days” Sequels (both Released in 2022)

Worst Director
Judd Apatow, “The Bubble”
Colson Baker (aka Machine Gun Kelly) & Mod Sun, “Good Mourning”
Andrew Dominik, “Blonde”
Daniel Espinosa, “Morbius”
Robert Zemeckis, “Disney’s Pinocchio”

Worst Screenplay
“Blonde” / Written for the Screen by Andrew Dominik, Adapted from the “Bio-Novel” by Joyce Carol Oates
“Disney’s Pinocchio” / Screenplay by Robert Zemeckis & Chris Weitz (Not Authorized by the Estate of Carlo Collodi)
“Good Mourning” / “Written” by Machine Gun Kelly & Mod Sun
“Jurassic World: Dominion” / Screenplay by Emily Carmichael & Colin Treverrow,Story by Treverrow & Derek Connolly
“Morbius” / Screen Story and Screenplay by Matt Sazama & Burk Sharpless

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/razzie-nominations-2023-jared-leto-tom-hanks-blonde-1235499189/

Sometimes, you do things without thinking, Then you are called out for it. Then you get it. It’s why the Razzies were created in the first place.

The recent valid criticism of the choice of 11 year old Armstrong as a nominee for one of our awards brought our attention to how insensitive we’ve been in this instance. As a result, we have removed Armstrong’s name from the Final Ballot that our members will cast next month. We also believe a public apology is owed Ms. Armstrong, and wish to say we regret any hurt she experienced as a result of our choices.

Having learned from this lesson, we would also like to announce that, from this point forward, we are adopting a Voting Guideline precluding any performer or film-maker under 18 years of age from being considered for our awards.

We have never intended to bury anyone’s career. It is why our Redeemer Award was created. We all make mistakes, very much us included.

Since our motto is “Own Your Bad,” we realize that we ourselves must also live up to it.

Sincerely,
John Wilson, The Razzie Awards

https://variety.com/2023/awards/news/razzies-apologize-age-limit-ryan-kiera-armstrong-1235502000/

Just now, filmmusic said:

It's funny that Blonde is nominated for some Razzies, yet its lead is nominated for an Oscar.

It's not though.  Great actors give great performances in bad movie all the time.

2 minutes ago, AC1 said:

but I couldn't watch more than 10 minutes of Blonde.

why is that?

I wanted to watch Blonde, due to the subject that interests me since I have watched so many Monroe movies and her life seems interesting too.

I like the idea of the Razzies of poking a bit of fun at popcorn movies where someone is obviously not going to appear in it for their acting prowess.

Definitely agree that a kid shouldn't be anywhere near it though. An established adult actor who does a fun movie can take the hit, but shaming a kid in such a public way is wrong on basically every level. Good call to remove her.

1 minute ago, filmmusic said:

why is that?

I wanted to watch Blonde, due to the subject that interests me since I have watched so many Monroe movies and her life seems interesting too.

There was something about the direction/style that I really disliked, how the child acted and how she kept saying "mommy" with her big Disney eyes while looking into the camera. My reasoning for not watching any further is that I don't think I can like a movie of which the first 10 minutes are so disagreeable.

3 minutes ago, AC1 said:

There was something about the direction/style that I really disliked, how the child acted and how she kept saying "mommy" with her big Disney eyes while looking into the camera. My reasoning for not watching any further is that I don't think I can like a movie of which the first 10 minutes are so disagreeable.

Ah, it started from her childhood eh?

About the second subject you brought on, I remember hating the first 10 minutes or so from Moulin Rouge, but then I LOVED the rest (when Kidman appeared and onwards)!

6 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

I agree that there are bad films being made sometimes, but I never understood why the Razzies excisted. It just seems kind of cruel and not necessary to me

The people behind these films market them to us--using an absurd amount of resources to do so.  If we pay for the movie, I think we individually and collectively (in the case of these awards) have the right to point out those movies that, in effect, ripped us off.   So, in sum, either the Razzies or movie theatres, streaming services, etc need to start refunding us for crap.  

In fairness, with how often Hanks tends to be put on a pedestal just because he's such an upstanding guy and actor, the previous year offered an interesting contrast in a one-two atrocity punch with his performances in Elvis and the Disney Pinocchio remake.

10 hours ago, filmmusic said:

This award certainly lost all credibility in the year Rocky IV got nominated and won, which is utter bullshit. Which just makes it all the more cathartic then that it was the last year it existed as a category.

I did see Morricone's The Thing was nominated in its brief time existing, so I guess they just have bad taste. Weird that they only credit Moroder for Superman III though (even if it makes more sense as a pick just based on that cover of the JW theme :folder:).

Morbius' sole saving grace may be its comparative brevity when it comes to other superhero flicks ... it's 104 minutes, whereas the Black Panther sequel was 161. 

I haven't seen either, I hasten to add. 

10 hours ago, Alex said:

Was Blonde really that bad?

No, it's actually a very good film. I have zero interest in Marilyn Monroe -- both the woman and the myth -- but there were some great filmatic choices that kept me interested for the almost 3 hours it lasted.

Wow, worst score lasted a whole 5 years :lol:

How do you even go about choosing the worst? Completely unsuited to its film? I suppose 'worst' in my book would be music which stands out in a film so much that it draws to much attention and makes you think 'who did this?' in a bad way.

Tom Hanks should be nominated for A Lifetime Razzie award.

I never really understood how this "comic" actor came to star in Big Pictures.

In Elvis, his Colonel Parker was horrible.

Are you kidding? Tom Hanks has had a career of great performances.

Razzies are recognising that respected actors occasionally do some silly role or movie. Haven't there been years when someone's nominated for both an Oscar and a Razzie?

3 minutes ago, Bespin said:

In Elvis, his Colonel Parker was horrible.

yeah, I agree, but he has had some amazing performance in his career. Don't you like his Philadelphia role or Forrest Gump?

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

Haven't there been years when someone's nominated for both an Oscar and a Razzie?

for the same role?

6 hours ago, Thor said:

No, it's actually a very good film. I have zero interest in Marilyn Monroe -- both the woman and the myth -- but there were some great filmatic choices that kept me interested for the almost 3 hours it lasted.

Do you remember the score? How was it?

For such kind of a film, you would think it'd have a good score.

Edit: Anyway, I'm listening to it right now at spotify to get an idea.

edit2: Hmmm.. too static for my tastes. I wonder if those composers have made something else interesting enough to check out.

48 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

for the same role?

Apparently yes - three! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Raspberry_Awards)

And there are plenty of examples of actors winning both in a short period, and at least a few for both in the same year.

https://screenrant.com/actors-both-oscars-and-razzies/

Sandra Bullock and Halle Berry both turned up to collect theirs, and acknowledged they'd starred in terrible movies.