Last Night I dreamed about John Williams...

GerateWohl

I recently dreamt that there were rumours that JW would be returning to Berlin and Vienna for one-off concerts. Everyone was startled why London was again left out.

In the second half of the dream, I was already dead, but still could observe the events on Earth. Everything was circling around what would become of my JW record collection with my wife reminding me that I was dead...

1 hour ago, BB-8 said:

I recently dreamt that there were rumours that JW would be returning to Berlin and Vienna for one-off concerts. Everyone was startled why London was again left out.

In the second half of the dream, I was already dead, but still could observe the events on Earth. Everything was circling around what would become of my JW record collection with my wife reminding me that I was dead...

Of all the JW stories I've heard ending with the word "dead", this one is up there!

2 hours ago, Smeltington said:

I don't like the implication. She wouldn't treasure it forever??

I took it that they were both dead, watching the proceedings.

A few nights ago, I had a dream JW and I were going to see one of the Star Wars movies live to picture.  We had dinner and he charmed us all with stories.  We got up to leave to the concert hall but the path was very rough and hazardous.  I was told that JW said he'll have a driver take him directly, so we went the hazardous route.  I made it to the theater and couldn't find my tickets.  They wouldn't let me in and I told them I was going to sit next to JW, but had no proof.  I was kicked out having no way to gain entrance.  

10 hours ago, Thor said:

Cool, karelm. Clearly, a lot of these dreams are about some of the same things.

I also had another, somewhat similar Williams dream last week, to accompany all my other crazy ones posted on the first page of this thread (I just reread them, btw, they're such a HOOT!). Sadly, I've forgotten most of it now, but I did memorize some glimpses after waking up. It was evening, I was in some sort of foyer, perhaps after a concert, but there weren't many people around. Mostly people involved with the concert or whatever had happened. Don't know why I was there. But Williams was standing at a table, with an outdoorsy jacket, looking at some papers/note sheets and talking to some of the organizers.

As he was leaving, I decided to say -- in as calm, and unfanboyish way as possible -- that I've studied his early days and would like to talk to him about it some day. He was EXTREMELY stand-offish, and just grunted in response. Then he started to run away from me, in typical old man style, and I just watched him disappear in the distance. Very uncharacteristically for Williams, of course.

----

Geez. I thought I had lost the "trauma" of never meeting him in person years ago, which this dream clearly was about. I'm much more relaxed about it these days. But obviously, my subconscious hasn't quite gotten over it yet. :D

"Then he started to run away from me, in typical old man style"...sorry, what is the typical old man style of running away??????  :D

I met him backstage and it was just as traumatizing as never meeting him.  I was going to tell him that I'm a composer and he was my inspiration but said something more like "you good" as he walked right past me saying he has to go on stage.  

So all this is rooted in the tension between feeling an incredibly strong connection to someone via their creative expression, but having zero actual personal connection to them? And our minds can't reconcile that, so we have these wish fulfillment dreams, or disastrous nightmares, about how it might go? Man, this is heavy... 

@karelm Your dream was so bittersweet, you got to hang out with him but then you stood him up, lol.

On 30/9/2023 at 8:49 PM, karelm said:

"Then he started to run away from me, in typical old man style"...sorry, what is the typical old man style of running away??????  :D

image.gif

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Smeltington said:

Lol. Did he agree to write "40th Anniversary Remastered Edition" on your forehead?

He actually argued against it, so the tattoo would not seem outdated when the 50th anniversary edition came out. 😄

10 minutes ago, Smeltington said:

Smart guy. And to make it extra future proof, better make sure he writes "expanded" and not "complete"!

Well we can dream. This is the thread for it.

2 hours ago, Bespin said:

I'm ready to face excommunication.

Nothing as harsh as that. But the JWFAN sacred parchment says that such an infraction will merit any member a swift paddling!

image.gif

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

Unfortunately I couldn't tell you. I think they were just sitting in front of the poster talking about it. 

Hopefully you have a follow-up dream that includes a recording session. When you wake up, be sure to quickly sing the music into a recorder before you forget it, and post it here!

I had a dream involving Williams a few years ago... I was with some friends from high school in Moscow, which is where Williams was living (!). Of course, since I've never been to Moscow in real life, in the dream it looked like my home town.

When we got to his building, he wasn't there, so we waited for a while until a Toyota sedan (I think) appeared on the street and entered the bulding (which was a faily humble middle class building similar to the ones in my neighbourhood). It was Williams, who had traveled to the countryside with his family for a weekend. His family was composed of him, his adult son with his wife and a little girl who was his granddaughter.

They invited us to the tiny apartment where they all lived (which weirdly looked like my grandma's house from when I was a kid). Williams was very tired from the trip, so he lay down on the sofa and immediately fell asleep and started snoring very loudly. His granddaughter, a 7-year-old girl named Laura, turned the TV on some cartoon like Peppa Pig or something, but that didn't woke Williams, who was dressing just some old shorts and some white and dirty tank tops.

When I saw that I'd have to wait for him to wake up from his nap, I started to talk with Laura. I asked her about what is her favorite theme his grandpa had wrote. She answered "Home Alone 2" in typical little girl voice. Before I could ask her why HA 2 and not the first one, I woke up.

Do dreams with other composers count? Because two nights ago I had a dream that I was a character in a suspense thriller directed by Kenneth Branagh with one of the weirdest music credits I've ever seen:

Themes and Ideas by Hans Zimmer and Ludwig Göransson, Original Score Produced and Written by Danny Elfman

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

...how awesome this idea of film composers as macho action stars was and how this was going to be Hollywood's next big thing

"The Expendables: The Final Score"

image.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

He wore a white shirt similar to Vin Diesel in the Fast & Furious movies.

Vin Diesel Net Worth 2023: 'Fast & the Furious,' 'Fast X' Salaries –  StyleCaster

Did it have a turtleneck?

20 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Zimmer will be the heavy weapons guy. Desplat will be the martial arts expert, Elfman the funny guy who cracks jokes all the time and JNH the guy who uses computers to hack into the enemies' strongholds and help the team infiltrate them. JW naturally will be the leader.

Bernard Herrmann, because of his reportedly irascible personality, has to be the tough guy with a loose screw, always chomping on a cigar. I also see him carrying a Gatling-type machine gun like Jesse Ventura did in 'Predator.' He could call it "Old Painless" too. lol

image.jpeg

Today I'm finally able to post in this thread!

In the dream I just had, I was in a white van that John Williams was driving.  We were in New York City en route to some really tall building (maybe a hotel?  It reminded me of the Tipton Hotel from Suite Life).  I was tracking the end of the journey on my phone; we were going around the building, circling around to the entrance, trying to navigate a crowd of people.  As we were closing in on the building, my dad told me he didn't trust the building's wi-fi.

Then the dream devolved into some Phineas And Ferb episode where two Perrys were beating up Doofenshmirtz on a cruise ship.

On 25/12/2023 at 3:44 PM, Edmilson said:

Zimmer will be the heavy weapons guy. Desplat will be the martial arts expert, Giacchino the funny guy who cracks jokes all the time, and JNH the guy who uses computers to hack into the enemies' strongholds and help the team infiltrate them. JW naturally will be the leader.

Fixed. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Trope said:

If Last Crusade ever gets an LTP, this needs to be the first cue after the intermission.  The tickets need to be re-authenticated beforehand, and the tickets that don't pass...  well...

• 4 weeks later...

I had kind of a John Williams dream last night...

In my dream, I saw a friend of mine riding a segway that somehow looked like a TIE Fighter. So I came to him and said something like "you remind me of a movie!", to which he replied "which movie?". Then, I started singing the main melody from "Here They Come" from A New Hope.

However, my friend didn't get it and just looked at me like "WTF?". Sigh... Not even in dreams people around me recognize Star Wars cues :(