68 members have voted

1. 1. Best Theme for a Leading Lady

• Marion’s Theme
    • Willie’s Theme
    • Helena’s Theme
  2. 2. Best Theme for a Mary Sue

3. 3. Best Version of Helena’s Theme

• Helena’s Theme
    • Helena’s Theme (For Violin and Orchestra)

Yeah but re-listen to Finale version of Willie's theme ,it's slightly extended with lusher orchestrations .That's the main reason I wanted the Finale cue on the expansion

On 30/06/2023 at 8:54 AM, filmmusic said:

I didn't know what "Mary Sue" means, and I looked it up.

I didn't think it would be thought of as insulting.

Willie is the opposite of a MarySue and she still manages to be the most annoying character of the Star Wars and Indiana Jones sagas combined 

K.M. Who just wanted to randomly use the term MarySue 

On 30/06/2023 at 12:26 PM, Andy said:

Does anyone who's seen the film feel like Helena's theme, lovely though it is, doesn't quite fit this character, lovely though she is.  It is romantic and sentimental in a way that she is not.  I liked the character, and I love the theme, but it feels more glamorous and  elegant than our "Wombat".

Disclaimer, I haven't had a chance to give the OST a proper listen, and I didn't really pick up on the action arrangements of her theme while watching the engrossing film.

Oh, and I don't think Willie's theme is an exact fit for that character either.  Though I love it to death, Willie's Theme doesn't get enough love for sounding hopelessly romantic and old Hollywood itself.  Yet it remarkably can be tweaked for the comedy associated with the character.

Forget where I heard this, as it's not an original idea, but I always loved it...

But Marion's Theme never really fit Marion either (character: feisty, scrappy, insert whatever adjective you want)...but the theme more or less was to signify to us, what Indy thought of Marion.  Someone he loved very much..

So i guess there's some leeway here with conceptual thinking behind these themes.

Take it as you wish.

On 30/06/2023 at 12:48 AM, Bellosh said:

So I'll say overall, Marion's Theme, but in leitmotif use, definitely Helena's Theme.

The Indy scores kind of stretch the definition of the leitmotif.

There is some development happening, but scarce little happening across the scores.

On 30/06/2023 at 4:26 PM, Andy said:

Oh, and I don't think Willie's theme is an exact fit for that character either.  Though I love it to death, Willie's Theme doesn't get enough love for sounding hopelessly romantic and old Hollywood itself. 

they need it like this for the "years of fieldwork" dialogue. i think... it doesn't matter whether it fits or not the character but the gags.

perhaps any film composer should be made to score parody scenes or movies because it forces them to play it straight and it's fun lol

2 minutes ago, TolkienSS said:

No, in 2023.

That doesn't even make sense....