James Horner's SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES (1983) - NEW! 2024 Intrada Expanded Edition

Jay

Great work, @crumbs.

I will definitely imagine your version every time I’m looking at the CD. :)

• 2 weeks later...

"... 48, 49, 50! You're lost!".

I'm a little late to the party, but... this is an absolutely beautiful score, from an absolutely beautiful film, and a top-5 Horner score, for me.

I've heard what Delerue did, and, frankly -  not to denigrate Delerue in any way - I'm glad the film was rescored.

Instant buy.

On 03/01/2024 at 7:40 AM, crumbs said:

Threw this together in less than an hour, thought you folks might enjoy it.

Click for a high-res 2K version.

something wicked.jpg

That's brilliant - soooo much better than the woeful cover on the Intrada site. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
On 03/01/2024 at 12:57 AM, Jim Ware said:

Incidentally, Something Wicked This Way Comes was an early digital recording, using the same technology as The Black Hole and Star Trek II - there’s only one machine left capable of playing it!

I wonder if the machine used by Deutsche Grammophon/Emil Berliner studios would also be able to play it? I'm not technical enough to understand the nuanced detail, but for their new issue of the Karajan/Richard Strauss's Vier letzte Lieder/Tod und Verklärung they use a machine specially constructed to play 1/2 inch 4-track tapes...

• 2 months later...

I've ordered this release and look forward to checking it out; I remember liking the previous edition.  I guess I should see the movie at some point.

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

I've ordered this release and look forward to checking it out; I remember liking the previous edition.  I guess I should see the movie at some point.

The film is beautiful.