Horn Concerto Dead on the Internet!

King Mark

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can"t wait to hear what everyones taliking about.Soundings is a new performance,probably with modified orchestrations

KM.

Wow.... I remember this 2000 (or was it 2001) of JW conducting classic works live on the internet... I woke up at 3.00 am to record it....

I guess I won't be home on August 1st. Can someone record it please ?

Thanks

Philippe BL - who will just miss that fantastic concert even on the net

I wanted to know if anyone had the ability to record (if that is even possible--I really have no clue technology changes so fast, I can't keep up) the tanglewood concert this Sunday? I am moving this weekend and will not be able to listen and I REALLY want to hear Soundings. So if anyone is able to record this and pass it along that would be great (I am willing to pay if necessary :music: ) Thanks.

JWFAN4LIFE :wave:

I will see if I can do it, since I got the time off from work (sometimes it's good to be the boss) :music: I have a program called "Total Recorder", it should record it no prob. I'll test it out before hand and then let everyone know if it works!

- J

Update: The program works. I will be here when the show starts, and it'll be recorded! FINALLY I get to hear Soundings in it's entirety!

I wonder how Soundings will sound this time around.Williams can't use the Hall's metal panels as an instrument this tim,unless the electronics are pre-recorded.

K.M.

Does anyone know which stream usually has the best quality? Real, Microsoft or Quicktime?

Marian- trying out his Linux players.

WMP sounds much better than the RealAudio,and I can't get Quicktime to play.

K.M .

Anybody know what time this is in Europe?

So, 2.30pm (I guess Boston Time, so Eastern Standard Time),

shoud be 8.30pm MEZ (Berlin, Vienna, Rome) or 7.30 (London).

But please don´t rely on that... better proof it... :thumbup:

-Alawill

Well,it's always a thrilling day when we get to hear new Williams music.After I wake up tomorrow morning that is.

K.M.Woindering why the MB is deserted tonight.

I just realized that i won´t be able to listen to the live broadcast since I´m invited to a festival... :) can anyone record the music?

btw, quicktime usually has the best streaming quality...

There'll be another concert broadcast with Williams conducting Herrmann and Mancini later today, it seems.

Anyway, perhaps I'm blind, but I can't find the links to the streams anymore? And if someone could post direct links to the streams (instead of the page that launches them), I'd be particularly happy...I don't like the browser plugins, I'd prefer playing the stream in a separate player.

Marian - thanks. :)

:) First Blood (Jerry Goldsmith)

Thanks. Still trying to get it working on my various Linux players, but after checking the stream on Windows, I guess there's not much of a point in that. Some of the Linux players should be able to record the stream, but the sound quality on that stream is so abysmal, it's not really worth recording anyway.

Marian - :)

Is there a delay? Now they're playing a violin piece with Sejii Ozawa conducting?? It's 1:30 in TX...so 2:30 there. Weird. I just heard the Pops in Space too. I just tuned in. I'm planning on recording it with my MP3 player/recorder, i tested it and it came out good.

Where's the concert...it's 1:37 by my clock...

Something tells me this concert is not being broadcast on-line. Anyone here get WGBH on the radio? Diskobolus, I'm looking in your direction. If you can hear me, record this concert from the radio to hi-fi video tape! That's our only hope, now.

Neil

They specifially said it would be broadcast didn't they, on their page? How would they be able to block out what you hear on the radio from the stream coming online?? Is that possible...one radio station, one stream for everybody...right I don't get it.

Well I sent them a message but I don't think that we will get an answer in the next two hours.... :cry:

I was really looking forwrd to this concert!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :angry:

You know what this means don't you. We will nót become a member to support WGBH.

right on :angry: after I win lotto tonight... they wont see a dime from me!!!