It's Just Star Wars!!!!!

Lurker

This is hardly a laughing matter. You should be ashamed of yourself for even posting that.

Too bad you're way too much of a too serious person to find the joy in bad taste. :|

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This moderator is out of control! I call for a revolution! Who's with me? Freedom for the forum!

I dont know if you are joking Neil (i hope you are), but:  

I will call the movie Star Wars when I speak of the original 1977 version, and i will use Star Wars when refering to later releases. That's all what you are going to get from me (like if i didnt do that already, i even have a Star Wars poster in my sig)

You dare to edit one of my posts, starting with this one, restrain yourself to speak to me in the future.  

Manuel, thinking this has become a madness.

Oh i see, you are even lazy to change all the quotes one by one.

I was going to edit my post about the possible harsh language, but well no communication will be between us until you change your mind. :|

OMG im sorry Neil, this is an April's fool, you can speak to me again. :oops:

Luke, who thought Ap fool was 4th April, not 1st. (i dunno why)

This is hardly a laughing matter. You should be ashamed of yourself for even posting that.

And for some rare trivia, the pope would more than likely support my effort, as he was a huge fan of the original Star Wars, but lost interest with the SEs.  

Neil

I heard John Paul II used to have an in joke with his administrators that had something to do with JPII (as in Jurassic Park II) and used to call the Vatican "The Lost World". In fact, I think he used to post here as JPIIfan2002. Didn't you ban him for profanity and religious discussion? Ah that guy.

When I met him in Rome, I shouted to him "But you never keep your word!" He cackled approvingly in his customary manner and gave me a knowing look.

On this festive day, its always interesting to talk about Star Wars, A New Pope, Luke thinking April 4th is today, don't ya love it.

I heard John Paul II used to have an in joke with his administrators that had something to do with JPII (as in Jurassic Park II) and used to call the Vatican "The Lost World". In fact, I think he used to post here as JPIIfan2002. Didn't you ban him for profanity and religious discussion? Ah that guy.

When I met him in Rome, I shouted to him "But you never keep your word!" He cackled approvingly in his customary manner and gave me a knowing look.

LOL

The only post to get any kind of reaction from me out of all the concatenation of attempts on this Star Wars day.

Yeesh, settle down people. Can't you see it's all a big joke?  

-- John  

You're missing the point.

I'm dead serious, Joe. No one on this message board has any sense of humor. Am I the only one who knows how to take a joke? Apparently so. So sad.

:|

NP: Star Trek I: The Motion Picture

NP: Star Trek I: The Motion Picture

ITS JUST STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE, THERE IS NO 1, THE IS NO NUMBER AT ALL, AAAAHHHHHHHHHH.

Joe is correct. There is:

Star Trek - The Motion Picture

Star Trek - The Motion Picture - The Special Longer Version

and

Star Trek - The Motion Picture - The Director's Edition

They are of no use to this thread though.

Neil

NP: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

HAHA! There is no Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark!! It's just Raiders of the Lost Ark!! Joe, how could you not pick up on this!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

~Sturgis, listening to PotC --- Pirates or Passion?!?! HAHA!! Mass confusion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Revenge of the Sith promo album I received from Sony the other day has the bonus DVD included and on all of the clips from "A New Hope" they called it "The Star Wars". Could Lucas be deciding to go back to the original working title of the film now?

-W

The Revenge of the Sith promo album I received from Sony the other day has the bonus DVD included and on all of the clips from "Star Wars" they called it "The Star Wars". Could Lucas be deciding to go back to the original working title of the film now?  

-W

Somehow I don't think he's lying. So how's the the new music?

The Revenge of the Sith promo album I received from Sony the other day has the bonus DVD included and on all of the clips from "Star Wars" they called it "The Star Wars". Could Lucas be deciding to go back to the original working title of the film now?  

-W

So how's the new music?

-W

I've only watched the DVD side so far. The 5.1 mix is astounding, though those that dislike dialogue and effects will be dissapointed. Battle of the Heroes is an exciting cue with some really wild brass playing at times. The Revenge of the Sith section does have some spoiler footage in it though, including what I suppose is the last shot of the movie. Ian McDiarmid is a great host and it's nice to see him in regular clothes. I'm not sure I have ever seen him out side of his Star Wars attire.

I could probably rip the disc and post the files on-line somewhere. Maybe I'll do that later. Any interest or would downloading a 4 GB file be too much for some?

-W

-W

I've only watched the DVD side so far. The 5.1 mix is astounding, though those that dislike dialogue and effects will be dissapointed. Battle of the Heroes is an exciting cue with some really wild brass playing at times. The Revenge of the Sith section does have some spoiler footage in it though, including what I suppose is the last shot of the movie. Ian McDiarmid is a great host and it's nice to see him in regular clothes. I'm not sure I have ever seen him out side of his Star Wars attire.

I could probably rip the disc and post the files on-line somewhere. Maybe I'll do that later. Any interest or would downloading a 4 GB file be too much for some?

can't you just make a sound file of battle of the heroes instead :joy: it would be much smaller than 4 gb

lol I wouldn't mind if you did, but if it's like very time consuming, I guess it can wait until may 3.

I'm getting the soundtrack may 3rd either way so..

Well my drive on my computer has been a little buggy lately giving me lots of pops. Let me see what I can do with this album. I thought it was already available. If not, I'll be happy to give it a go. I've been anxious to hear this, just been swamped with work.

-W

Dani, that post has some weird abbreviation in it that I don't recognize. Please remove it at your earliest possible convenience.

And that response proves I'm onto something. Clearly the word is getting out to other forums and hopefully soon everyone will be calling it Star Wars. Thank you BigTrekster1981, whoever you are, for helping to get the word out! Some day, hopefully soon, we can all go back to just calling it Star Wars and not some weird ass abbreviation or some nonsensical chapter number.

Neil

John please stop posting your off topic nonsense in this thread. That is clearly some sort of bad attempt at a joke, plus it makes use of roman numerals and Star Wars, two things that I don't think really go together.

Neil

What, you chose WORK over listening to JW's new STAR WARS music? WHOA! you should get your priorities right;p. Anyways, sorry for that rant. yeah, rip it or something. that would be sick.

Listening to Williams music (even Star Wars music) doesn't pay my bills.

That being said the HQ VBR mp3s (192kbps-320kbps) are encoding now and then I'll put this on my FTP. If you e-mail me I'll give you all of the info you need.

filmweebo@yahoo.com

-W

This moderator is out of control! I call for a revolution! Who's with me? Freedom for the forum!

Morn, I thought I'd never agree with you, but this time, you're onto something.

Bring back Ricard! Power to the People!

The Ghoest- Who will definitely drink to that.

beerchug

As some people guessed, this thread was my April Fools prank for 2005. Those that fell for it, thank you. You made it all worthwhile. No posts outside of this thread (with the exception of one or two which will be promptly restored) were ever really edited by me, though if you did bother to look, every mention of "Episode IV" and "A New Hope" were changed to Star Wars.

My one disappointment is I don't think anyone tried "A Knew Hope" or "Episode For", not that it would have mattered. ;)

Until next year!

Neil

Chris ChrusherComix wrote: PS- It is true that Lucas did want the whole title, but the studio stopped him. It makes sense.  

Steefancos wrote:  

You have no evidence of this.  

As usual you choose to believe what seems right in your mind and present it as the one...true...truth.  

I seriously doubt that the title Star Wars was ever considered prior to the films succes.

Then George Lucas lied in the DVD commentary (The Empire Strikes Back commentary if you want to hear yourself).

Also, this and elsewhere... please don't EVER let ignorance stop you in spewing your words, especially when attacking one's credibility. It's more fun that way when you get disproved. Then whine and cry like a baby and say, "Don't agree with Chris! Chris will outsmart you! Be careful what you say to him!" Thanks! ;)

Chris.

I think it is fairly well established that Lucas is willing to slightly bend the truth when it suits him.

Didn't he once say the reason the OST for ROTJ was so short was that there simply was not any more music to the film?

Any comment by Lucas and by Lucasfilm has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Chris ChrusherComix wrote: PS- It is true that Lucas did want the whole title, but the studio stopped him. It makes sense.  

Steefancos wrote:  

You have no evidence of this.  

As usual you choose to believe what seems right in your mind and present it as the one...true...truth.  

I seriously doubt that the title Star Wars was ever considered prior to the films succes.

Then George Lucas lied in the DVD commentary (The Empire Strikes Back commentary if you want to hear yourself).

Also, this and elsewhere... please don't EVER let ignorance stop you in spewing your words, especially when attacking one's credibility. It's more fun that way when you get disproved. Then whine and cry like a baby and say, "Don't agree with Chris! Chris will outsmart you! Be careful what you say to him!" Thanks! :wave:

there is a bridge in Brooklyn/Manhattan, thats for sale, cheap, a real bargain,

Lucas lied Chris, the fact that his story has changed from the beginning now, and people actually believe him, hell his credibility out to be less than my own on April Fools.