What do you expect the Munich score to be like?

Sandor

To be honest; I have no clue. Perhaps it's too early to start speculating, since information on the film has been sparse.

I'm hoping Williams will write some sort of elegy. I'm just hoping for a beautiful score. Although WOTW is starting to grow on me; please something with a little more thematic backbone this time.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe something like The Eiger Sanction. It would be cool if he does music in 70' style....

Indeed, it would be nteresting to hear him revisit that genre....

....but I'm expecting something far more in the mould of JFK....

I think there could definately be some JFK in there- maybe a brand new, kick-ass 'Conspirators' type theme, and probably some of the elegaic stuff, like 'Arlington'.

please something with a little more thematic backbone this time.

Yes, that would be preferable.

Ray Barnsbury - who thinks Roald is trying to garner support in the polls with massive amounts of thread-starting

dust collectors, since 1999, anything with the words Star Wars Ep. in them.

Angela's Ashes, Patriot, A.I., Minority Report, Terminal, and War of the Worlds(I so wanted to really really like this score, but the film was so much better than the music).

I think there can be some variety on the cues, from good action to good drama. But since I know very little about the movie (as most of people do), I don't really what to expect.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind if we found cues of the same quality as some of the cues from the dustcollectors Steef stated.

I have very little information what the movie will be like so I do not have any idea about the music either. I hope suspnece and drama like JFK and Nixon or like Minority report but with little more thematic heart. It will a sombre score in any case.

I think this score will be dark and kind of laid back, hopefully with good themes, but does the movie take place after the fact or during the action? Because we could get some interesting action music.

~Sturgis

I think this score will be dark and kind of laid back, hopefully with good themes, but does the movie take place after the fact or during the action?  Because we could get some interesting action music.

~Sturgis

Dark and laid back? Interesting combination :thumbup:

John Williams rules!

I hope its more like Pirates of the Carribbean

John Williams rules! Klaus Badelt sucks!

Klaus Badelt sucks John Williams' gargantuan wang!

You truly have the way with words Stefan! LOL

Between WOTW and Minority Report

I wouldn't be surprised at hearing some strong similarities from Revenge of the Sith as well.

i want this score to be so original that in years to come yall will say," i really hope this next Williams score sounds like Munich."

brett-who thinks people will mock him for using the word yall

To be honest; I have no clue. Perhaps it's too early to start speculating, since information on the film has been sparse.

HA! If JW said that in five years he will score his last film, there are people here that would start spectacular speculation that would be relentless for the entire five year period, little or no supporting news or information required.

Klaus Badelt sucks John Williams' gargantuan wang!

Why do I have an uncomfortable feeling I might see a photoshopped picture creep up of Klaus and that Geisha snapshot where Williams has a hard-on.

Tim

In between Nixon and WotW. Nothing to really look forward to.

MSM - Still waiting for JP4 and Indy4.

You really do not like Williams at his darkest do you? :wave:

I personally would be happy if there was some of that brooding darkness that Nixon has. I have grown to love it and Williams does that with style (I kind of wonder what is the thing he does not do wth style? :thumbup: Electronics and synthesizers perhaps? )

I have grown to love it and Williams does that with style (I kind of wonder what is the thing he does not do wth style? :wave:  Electronics and synthesizers perhaps? )

Nope, he also does that in style. JFK, anyone?

I personally would be happy if there was some of that brooding darkness that Nixon has. I have grown to love it and Williams does that with style (I kind of wonder what is the thing he does not do wth style? :thumbup: Electronics and synthesizers perhaps? )

Well, I like it to some extend, it's well written and somehow even inspiring too most of the time, but it's definitely not my fav JW style to listen to.

I have grown to love it and Williams does that with style (I kind of wonder what is the thing he does not do wth style? :thumbup:  Electronics and synthesizers perhaps? )

Nope, he also does that in style. JFK, anyone?

True. true. He is the master. No arguments there. And I love JFK to bits. :wave:

Well, I like it to some extend, it's well written and somehow even inspiring too most of the time, but it's definitely not my fav JW style to listen to.

I do not know why but lately my tastes have turned into the darker and more harsher music JW has written. I love his adventure scores (I just last night listened to the complete Hook and remembered just how much I love his fantasy and adventure music. That score is brilliant!). But still there is so much beauty and lyricism to be found in his drama and darker scores along with the harsher elements.

I feel more and more appreciation for those scoresall the time.

You really do not like Williams at his darkest do you? :)

I personally would be happy if there was some of that brooding darkness that Nixon has. I have grown to love it and Williams does that with style (I kind of wonder what is the thing he does not do wth style? ;) Electronics and synthesizers perhaps? )

I do not know why but lately my tastes have turned into the darker and more harsher music JW has written. I love his adventure scores (I just last night listened to the complete Hook and remembered just how much I love his fantasy and adventure music. That score is brilliant!). But still there is so much beauty and lyricism to be found in his drama and darker scores along with the harsher elements.

I feel more and more appreciation for those scoresall the time.

In general this counts for me too. As I said before, I love Padmé's Ruminations and Palpatine's Teachings from RotS very, very much. They would definately be on my Best of JW 4 cd :) It's just that I would like to do Williams another rich, lush score once again. He still can, like HP:SS showed, so that's what I'm really looking forward to. I'll probably like what comes by in the meantime, but it'won't give me goosebumps I expect.

Actually I concur with you. I wish Williams was let loose once more and he would give us a brilliant, scintillating ravishing and lush score with plethora of themes and fanfares and full blown orchstral power!

I really hope Indy 4 wil give us just that. Or there could be some surprise project Williams could write adevnture and fantasy and magic to! One can always hope :)

Actually I concur with you. I wish Williams was let loose once more and he would give us a brilliant, scintillating ravishing and lush score with plethora of themes and fanfares and full blown orchstral power!

I really hope Indy 4 wil give us just that. Or there could be some surprise project Williams could write adevnture and fantasy and magic to! One can always hope :)

No offend to Williams' recent efforts, but you're absolutely right in what you just said! :) I especially like the surprise project ;)!

See the following for that:

AOTC

Chamber of Secrets

Azkaban

Episode III

One could discredit these for using previous material, but that was the choice of the film makers, or in the case of CoS, for lack of time. Ironically, Chamber of Secrets has the most new themes, probably because Williams thought that was all he had to contribute until Ross's contribution was rejected.

See the following for that:

AOTC

Chamber of Secrets

Azkaban

Episode III

One could discredit these for using previous material, but that was the choice of the film makers, or in the case of CoS, for lack of time. Ironically, Chamber of Secrets has the most new themes, probably because Williams thought that was all he had to contribute until Ross's contribution was rejected.

Yes those are great scores but they are not IT. I feel Williams was restrained in all above mentioned scores (AOTC the most) and even as they are wonderful scores and I love them all I feel one score with that old style would be welcome (It is a long shot and a futile hope but still). POA and ROTS were closest to what I am hoping for. Just a notch higher and it is there. :) Unbridled Williams.

But perhaps we should get back into the subject at hand. I put my dreams and hopes of the Amazing Williams score aside untill Memoirs is released (it is going to be fantastic!).

Little too light for such a dark story. What I know about the story is that there is not going to be much of the CMIYC feeling in there. Spielberg could contrast the horrible events with some light progressive jazz and nice Williams theme. Or not :|

Well that wouldn't correct since he did not write those for the Munich Olympics. I would be glad if he wrote some new olympic fanfares instead :|