What Are The Worst Movies Ever Made?

Panthera

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. And even a Bay crapfest like Armageddon has some redeeming features that rise it above the true absolute dreck of the world. Moderately competent actors, a budget, a director that's at least a professional...

The Prestige. Gets considerably worse with each viewing.

By what criteria?! Not only do I think that it doesn't belong in this thread, I also think it gets better with each viewing.

Alex

By what criteria?! Not only do I think that it doesn't belong in this thread, I also think it gets better with each viewing.

Alex

There is almost nothing I enjoy out of that movie. The cast to their credit do their best with underwritten roles resulting in barely interesting characters. It does remain compelling for a while (at least on the first viewing) as it provides an insiders look at the tricks the magicians use try to one up each other. Then the outlandish twist comes and the movie just loses me, no longer providing me any interest to watch. On top of that, as I'm still reeling in disgust from the big reveal, it continues to bludgeon me with clumsy twist after clumsy twist after clumsy twist. By then I've stopped caring at all about the stupid film. I did give it two more chances, thinking that maybe there was something more to it apart from the twist. Repeat viewings only serve to exacerbate its other problems. Yes it may be more fair to call it an overrated but extremely mediocre movie on my part, but I intensely dislike few films more than this.

Jaws: The Revenge

Carry on Emmanuelle

Highlander: End Game

Date Movie

Blair Witch: Book of Shadows

Transformers

jacob's ladder

Jacob's Ladder is a clever movie,to me.

Extremely disturbing,for sure. But clever, it is.

Jacob's Ladder is a wonderful film. It blows me away everytime I see it.

Jaws: The Revenge

Carry on Emmanuelle

Highlander: End Game

Date Movie

Blair Witch: Book of Shadows

Transformers

jacob's ladder

Jacob's Ladder is a clever movie,to me.

Extremely disturbing,for sure. But clever, it is.

Jacob's Ladder is a wonderful film. It blows me away everytime I see it.

I'm with you, Pixie. It is a powerful, disturbing, strange, emotional film, without being sentimental, and with a rather good Maurice Jarre score.

It is not often that I praise an Adrian Lynne film (I wasn't much impressed by "Fatal Attraction", and as for "9 1/2 Weeks"...).

Godzilla: Final Wars (With all due respect to Don Frye, Akira Takarada and Godzilla)

Legend Of The Dinosaurs (You know you're in trouble when you're laughing during the final 15 minute climatic scene, and it's not a comedy.)

It is not often that I praise an Adrian Lynne film (I wasn't much impressed by "Fatal Attraction", and as for "9 1/2 Weeks"...).

Lolita was very good I thought. The score by Morricone is absolutely haunting! It makes the film.

it is indeed a very bad movie.

Just curious...what do you folks think of The Illusionist? Because THAT was a bad stage magician mystery period piece, IMHO.

Just curious...what do you folks think of The Illusionist? Because THAT was a bad stage magician mystery period piece, IMHO.

The Illusionist was cheap and very much inferior. The Prestige is just a brilliant piece of film making and storytelling.

The Illusionist was cheap and very much inferior. The Prestige is just a brilliant piece of film making and storytelling.

The Illusionist was mediocre, but The Prestige makes it look like a near masterpiece.

there is no brilliance in the Prestige, all you people got caught up in trickery, there was no magic. Its a bad movie, bad story, and a horrible ending.

After the Prestige I didn't want to see the Illusionist.

Worst movies to me are not the cheap ones but the expensive nonsensical ones, the Prestige, that other Nolan movie Momentos, over thought films that say look at me I'm great when they are not. Put Momentos in a diet coke bottle and you see it for what it really is, a bunch of fizz.

there is no brilliance in the Prestige, all you people got caught up in trickery, there was no magic. Its a bad movie, bad story, and a horrible ending.

Ah, so they fooled you, too? My dear Joey, if you'd understood the movie, you would have realized that the most amazing kind of magic is the real kind, the kind that's so real that the magician has to give the audience a reason to think it's only trickery. Nolan et al. packed so much magic into the film that you can't even see it. :music:

Joey never likes good movies so his thumbs down is a clear sign that The Prestige definitely doesn't belong in this thread. Just because Joey and Burgerflippers can't relate to a certain movie doesn't mean the rest of the world is experiencing the same problem. Quite the opposite, actually. The Prestige is a widely and highly respected movie and often found in 'favorite movie' lists. Personally, I see The Prestige as Nolan's take on Ridley Scott's The Duellists since it deals the exactly the same themes and issues. It was also through this angle that I've come to appreciate Nolan's film very much. In fact, when looking at Chris Nolan's oeuvre, The Prestige is, in my opinion, his best movie to date.

Alex

Ah, so they fooled you, too? My dear Joey, if you'd understood the movie, you would have realized that the most amazing kind of magic is the real kind, the kind that's so real that the magician has to give the audience a reason to think it's only trickery. Nolan et al. packed so much magic into the film that you can't even see it. <_<

oh please quit with the you don't get it bullshit, you and Alex are not one bit smarter than anyone else here, and each of us are entitled to like or not like a movie. One mans trash is another mans treasure, in this case you and Alex think the Prestige is treasure, I find it to be less than so.

oh please quit with the you don't get it bullshit, you and Alex are not one bit smarter than anyone else here, and each of us are entitled to like or not like a movie. One mans trash is another mans treasure, in this case you and Alex think the Prestige is treasure, I find it to be less than so.

I didn't think I was any smarter than anyone here...now that you've misinterpreted my joke as sincere holier-than-thou-ness, I'm not so sure. ;) (That was a joke, too.) No, but seriously, you're really speaking my language now. One man's trash is another man's treasure. I mean, obviously, there's stuff that's objectively bad in this world, but with music it's all a matter of taste. It's nice when you occasionally acknowledge that...and that wasn't a joke! ;)

- Datameister, who doesn't look down on anyone for disliking The Prestige, but perhaps on folks who look down on those who do like it.

Rotten Tomatoes has a list for this decade:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/worst_of_the_worst/

that's the kind of movies I was thinking about .Totally inept films that don't offer an shred of entertainment

Here's another one from last year: Semi-Pro

The biggest film letdown I've ever experienced and thus receives the greatest amount of ire I can muster goes to The Ring 2. The degree to which that movie sucked knows no bounds. I loved what Gore Verbinski did with the American version of The Ring and to this day it is one of my favorite movies of any genre. I got myself completely hyped up for the sequal, went to see it opening night, and BAM!!! There were lifelong Star Wars fans that didn't experience the letdown I did. It's ponderously slow, the plot is just plane crap, and the scares are for the most part idiotic. Their car is attacked by a heard of deer. Yah. That actually happens.

Many years ago, my brother was inside a shed when a doe knocked at the door. He got spooked and ran back to the house, and it chased him the whole way. We think it was rabid, which made it act so bizarre.

Their car is attacked by a heard of deer. Yah. That actually happens.

elk-feeding-at-a-car.jpg

Now while I bite the passenger to keep the car here, you go around and poke out all the tires.