Tonight Show Appearance

JMan

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! Has Williams ever been performing his music on a show like this before?

Great! Has Williams ever been performing his music on a show like this before?

I don't believe so. Though Debney was on The Tonight Show (and the Today Show), playing a piece from The Passion. And Leno was surprisingly enthusiastic about it.

Wow, that's amazing!!! I can't wait to see this.

Ray Barnsbury - whose always wanted Williams to be on a late night talk show (does this mean he's just the musical guest, or what?)

I fully expect that one of our american members will record this, if possible on a digital video recorder of some sort.

As a matter of fact.

I demand this!

It will not be a problem.

I fully expect that one of our american members will record this, if possible on a digital video recorder of some sort.

As a matter of fact.

I demand this!

That is nice to hear. I am counting on you to record this! :mrgreen:

He seems to be really pimping the Memoirs score. Can't wait to see him on the show, and see how Leno and the crowd react to have a bona fide legend in their midst, and not just a "flavor of the month".

Tim

Williams campaigning for the Oscars. This is gonna be cool.

Yes,it's great that he's doing that.So far the score for Geisha is beeing noticed and maybe he just wants to reel the Oscar in.He has been so dismissive and self effacing in the past that it's good that he finally tries to get a bit of attention.Maybe it will work too.

Can't wait to see him on the show, and see how Leno and the crowd react to have a bona fide legend in their midst, and not just a "flavor of the month".

Tim

I'm curious about that too.Will Leno treat him as the legend who scored some of the biggest movies of all times or just that night's performer.I hope he interviews him too and makes Williams feel important.

But at the Golden Globes,the crowd reaction to his winning was a bit underwhelming.I'd give him a standing ovation or something.

K.M.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Unless it's quicktime 7 or lesser

I have been forever wondering, why? Is this because of the error between the keyboard and the chair or something else?

Can't wait to see him on the show, and see how Leno and the crowd react to have a bona fide legend in their midst, and not just a "flavor of the month".

Tim

But at the Golden Globes,the crowd reaction to his winning was a bit underwhelming.I'd give him a standing ovation or something.

K.m.

Because it wasn't Usher or something other talentless hack.

Anyone have any hopes as to what songs they'll play?

Didn't you originally post that it was from Memoirs? But anyway, I believe in the video posted he says that he is working on a suite from Memoirs. I would assume this would be it, as well as what will be played at the Oscars. hint, hint...

As a matter of fact.

I demand this!

That is nice to hear. I am counting on you to record this! :)

Oh. I meant it wouldn't be hard to obtain a recording of the show.

VHS? Jebus that's something of an ancient age :)

I see no problem at all having the HDTV feed from NBC. Anything less would be a letdown, heck you can have about *every* show on the 4 major USA networks a day after on torrent sites in high definition, thanks to Tivo and other DVR stuff.

VHS?  Jebus that's something of an ancient age :)        

I see no problem at all having the HDTV feed from NBC.  Anything less would be a letdown, heck you can have about *every* show on the 4 major USA networks a day after on torrent sites in high definition, thanks to Tivo and other DVR stuff.

Just put it on my platinum card.

Anyone have any hopes as to what songs they'll play?

Didn't you originally post that it was from Memoirs? But anyway, I believe in the video posted he says that he is working on a suite from Memoirs. I would assume this would be it, as well as what will be played at the Oscars. hint, hint...

I meant what will they play from Memoirs. Chairmens Waltz? Sayuri's Theme?

If it's Williams and Ma together, which would be unbelievable in itself. Full stop. Continue sentence, I suspect there'd definitely be a bookended version of Sayuri's Theme. And I suspect sandwiched midway would be Going to School and The Chairman's Waltz, two cues that would suit piano (as opposed to the score's harp, etc).

NBC used to air The Tonight Show even here in Europe. I used to watch the show every night . . . but that's over now. They don't do that anymore. Probably because there aren't enough viewers.

:)

They show it, along with Conan O'Brien on CNBC every night at either 8 or 10PM, depending on the day.

Not they don't anymore, not in Austria or Germany, anyway.

They do...I live in Austria and the Tonight show runs weekdays at 23:00, followed by the Late Night at 23:45 :) However, the shows premiere in europe about 2-4 days after they do in the US, so expect Williams´ episode to be shown on wednesday the 8th or thursday the 9th (on CNBC Europe) :) I´ve been watching at least two shows a week in the past months, so I´m quite sure it´s still running ;)

someone who's recording this should record every bit with JW in it. from leno's mention of him at the beginning all the way to the end. (like the whole episode) so we can savour it to its fullest.

This is surprising! Usually, you see random VH1 pop/R&B/rock artists on the Tonight Show. Not a legendary film score. I like it when John Williams gets this kind of publicity. I remember how interesting it was to see a music video for Across the Stars on TV.

~Tyler, hoping that JW gets a decent interview; Mr. Ma can remain silent.

Hmm guys there's no need to record it. About every good TV Torrent site has the Tonight Show (or any primetime show of the 4 major networks) a couple of hours later, in 16:9 HDTV feed. Having anything else is useless, like a converted PAL signals, or bad cable 4:3 feed. sorry fellows ;)

Damn it has to be a monday, why couldnt it be a friday so i could stay up and watch, oh well. What is more important? Staying up late and watch John Williams, fall asleep in class and make no attempt hiding that i am not paying attention or Go to bed at my beddie bye time, not watch John Williams and actually pretend to be paying attention in class? Hm...

Damn it has to be a monday, why couldnt it be a friday so i could stay up and watch, oh well. What is more important? Staying up late and watch John Williams, fall asleep in class and make no attempt hiding that i am not paying attention or Go to bed at my beddie bye time, not watch John Williams and actually pretend to be paying attention in class? Hm...

The answer is...Watch John Williams on TV of course.

K.M.

This is just great news!!!! I am totally shocked. Who would have thought Williams on the Tonight Show. Wow!!!!!!!

I will make sure I am up to watch that. Oh hell, I am even going to DVR it!!

I do hope that they interview him, that would be great.

Take it from me.

School matters not.

Indeed. Tuesday is infact my busiest day. Yet I'll be staying up to watch Williams. Sleep is a small price to pay for Williams.

Justin