• Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone
    • Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    • Catch Me If You Can
    • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    • The Terminal
    • Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
    • Memoirs of a Geisha
    • Munich

In round one The Patriot was voted off, round two War of the Worlds, round three Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, round four Minority Report so place your votes for the next to go!

Artificial Intelligence: A.I.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Catch Me If You Can

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

The Terminal

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

Memoirs of a Geisha

Munich

Again, REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE!

It's the votes in the POLL that count, not any comments. By all means - post comments, but your vote will only be counted if you vote on the actual poll.

The poll is open for 24 hours. My vote goes to A.I.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AI, again.

Again I have to defend AOTC. It's better than Memoirs, so it's a shame that'll probably last longer than AOTC.

But yeah, once again I vote to down AI. Can't wait til this falls out so I can vote for something else.

EDIT: What about the scores he did that many of us haven't heard? Should the first round allow elimination for like....3 at once to speed things up?

Catch Me If You Can

It amazes me that The Terminal is going to be eliminated either this round or the next. It has two of Williams' stongest themes this century, the Victor and Love themes. You people are talking crazy!

Tim

It amazes me that The Terminal is going to be eliminated either this round or the next.  It has two of Williams' stongest themes this century, the Victor and Love themes.  You people are talking crazy!

That's what I was trying to say - I agree with every word :sigh:

AOTC its a total piece of crap, worse than any score voted off. JWFan is getting dumber

voting off COS, which gave us Fawkes Theme, the COS, Dobby's Theme, the excellent spider music over this total crapfest just proves what Justin has asked....JWFan is getting dumber

AOTC is a crapfest? Hardly. The only true complaints I've ever heard is that it lacks any true thematic development and is less interesting than the other Star Wars scores. You're the first person I've ever seen call it crap.

AOTC is a crapfest? Hardly. The only true complaints I've ever heard is that it lacks any true thematic development and is less interesting than the other Star Wars scores. You're the first person I've ever seen call it crap.

How about "simplistic orchestrations," "repetitiveness" (see Separatist and "Mystery" themes), "underwhelming," "cartoonish" (scene change fanfares), "uninsightful," and "badly mixed" (this one has nothing to do with Williams)?

Catch Me If You Can

It amazes me that The Terminal is going to be eliminated either this round or the next.  It has two of Williams' stongest themes this century, the Victor and Love themes.  You people are talking crazy!

Tim

I hope The Terminal stays in. There's a lot of fun moments, Viktor trying to escape, Dinner with Amelia, Viktor talking with Officer Torres and Enrique. It's one of my favorites. :angry:

Can't believe Minority Report went last round......Oh Well.....It's getting tougher but CMIYC gets my vote now.....

Greg - who refuses to get into the debate about AOTC...but thinks perhaps a few people should listen to it a little closer...

That's what I was trying to say - I agree with every word :angry:

And more to the point, CMIYC is the same type of score, only worse. It is madness to vote off The Terminal before CMIYC...

Oh, and AOTC and AI are both easily better than CMIYC, The Terminal, COS etc. AOTC: is ATS not the best Williams love theme since, well, I would say the original all the way back in 1980. AI: I would say AI is Williams' best score for a long time (since TPM, probably, and then before than since 1993). A combination of just about every emotion man can feel, all treated lushly and fully, powerful on album and in film, a grea score for a mess of a film. I defy anyone to listen to Cybertronics and not feel a chill go down their spine, Hide and Seek and not feel uneasy and the presence of a non-human, Monica's theme (particularly in Where Dreams are Born - the best single track of Williams for a long, long time) and not feel tragic but uplifted.

A truly awe-inspiring score.

How about "simplistic orchestrations," "repetitiveness" (see Separatist and "Mystery" themes), "underwhelming," "cartoonish" (scene change fanfares), "uninsightful," and "badly mixed" (this one has nothing to do with Williams)?

I wouldn't agree with cartoonish, but I would agree there is an overabundance of fanfares. I'm not a huge fan of AOTC, I just think it's a little silly to call it crap. I agree with your assessment though.

Come on, we need four more votes to kick AI out!

Nah,

I thought AI was really weak until I saw the movie and realised what an awesome score it is,

The Blue fairy theme feels like it was always there and Williams just found it. Fantastic score. It takes a few goes to realise how fantastic it is

I wouldn't agree with cartoonish, but I would agree there is an overabundance of fanfares. I'm not a huge fan of AOTC, I just think it's a little silly to call it crap. I agree with your assessment though.

Williams doesn't do 'crap' scores!!!

Praises would come from left right and centre if it was done by someone else,

It's only not as good as he could have done, stil the Across the Stars is absolutely fantastic but all the action music has let me down.

Also it feels underwhelming due to (in my opinion) the weak orchestration and recording.

AOTC its a total piece of crap, worse than any score voted off.  JWFan is getting dumber

voting off COS, which gave us Fawkes Theme, the COS, Dobby's Theme, the excellent spider music over this total crapfest just proves what Justin has asked....JWFan is getting dumber

You may hate the AOTC but it's just childish to claim all other people are dumb if they do not agree with you.

AOTC its a total piece of crap, worse than any score voted off.  JWFan is getting dumber

You may hate the AOTC but it's just childish to claim all other people are dumb if they do not agree with you. AOTC may not be a perfect score but there are heaps of worse scores around.

thank you for proving my point

Can't believe The Terminal is getting so many votes! I agree with what Tim and Richuk said above. It's a lot of fun, has some great heartfelt moments, and contains two of the best themes Williams has written in a while.

My vote goes to Attack of the Clones.

Ray Barnsbury - who finds this mid-voting the hardest, as the best and worst are more easily definable

Well I'll even vote with AotC this time. I normally defend it from gratituous insults but in the context of the poll, I probably listen it less than others.

- Adam