Regular Poster

Contact Methods

• Website URL http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=52303640
  • ICQ 0

Profile Information

• Gender Male
  • Location Idaho
  1. Ranking JW's 21st century scores

1.Harry Potter 1 2.A.I. 3. TheStar Wars:Revenge of the Sith 4.Indiana Jones and the Aliens (because I'm lovin that jungle chase) 5.Star Wars:The Force Awakens (Rey's theme is so good, it bumps the score up on my list) 6.Star Wars: Attack of the Clones 7. Tom Cruise I:Minority Report 8.Tom Cruise II:War Of The Worlds (love the dark, low end of the orchestra and double the timpani) 9.Memoirs of a Geisha 10.War Horse 11.Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 12.Harry Potter and the William Ross (I'd put it higher, but I wish there was less revisiting of HP1) 13.The Patriot (Would still have liked to hear David Arnold score this though) 14.The Book Thief 15.Lincoln 16.The Adventures of Tintin (somehow this score didn't do much for me) 17.Tom Hanks Vs Airport 18.Catch Me If You Can 19. Munich (I don't like the female vocals, sorry)
  2. Star Wars Episode VIII (Rian Johnson 2017)

Maybe they added some great flash-back scenes for the TRAITOR shouting stormtrooper since he's so popular now.
  3. Independence Day 2

Disappointing. When I first heard that Independence Day 2 was going to happen for real, my first thought was how exciting to have David Arnold revisit this music. Too bad it will variations on AVP.
  4. Lady in the Water - JNH a nice experience , kind of some minimalism going on, no? Kind of Philip Glassy.
  5. Aw man!! I was really looking forward to Anakin surfing on the Naboo cow in glorious, eye-popping 3D!!!!!!!
  6. The "Do Get Your Hopes Too High" Thread

Don't get hasty, we still have 20 days to see if the Mayans were wrong...!!
  7. I think I'll buy this for completist-ness because I didn't get the other one, but I can't say I'm very excited about it. I was hoping for some previously unreleased Williams music for black friday, rather than a re-issue but oh well...I wonder if there will be any more Williams before the year is up. At least this was the Year of the Hook.
  8. Trent , this is awesome. You've inspired me to do this sometime soon.
  9. I agree (But I still like (not love) the Prequel Scores) I like AOTC and Rots, but I LOVE TPM.
  10. I'm excited to see all this data compiled together.... to be extra nerdy I created a top 5 per decade lists.
  11. Blu-ray News and Bargains

I haven't seen any of this season.... how is it compared to 1,2&3?
  12. Thomas Newman's Skyfall

Thanks for posting that, very cool. Thomas Newman seems like a nice guy. I think he put a lot of effort into this score, it doesn't sound lazy to me, but it doesn't sound like he's the right man for the job. I don't enjoy the constant 16th note rhythmic vamps in some of the CD, and sometimes its like a low bass instrument (electric bass?) Playing it too. I tire of too much rhythmic motion without something melodic happening. But on 2nd listen, I enjoy the action writing much more, its got some great energy. I like how he used the bond theme but I'm wishing I could hear a full statement of the theme. My favorite section of the bond theme, the part where it gets more jazzy with a strong backbeat and high octave trumpets (when Bond starts driving the remote control car in the hanger in "company car" from TND for.example). There's no full quote of it... I was like damn..too bad!! Overall I like the score better on 2nd listen.
  13. Well iTunes told me I hadn't listened to it in two years. I've listened to it off and on through the years. But this is the first time I couldn't really get into it. Maybe it was just an off day... or I shouldn't have put so many jalapenos in my dinner that night. Who knows!
  14. I listened to the almighty soundtrack of all times (if you ask my dad): TITANIC. I hate to say it, but it just wasn't fun to listen to this time, my attention started to wander. Its not because the music is bad....its because my dad played that ost nonstop back when it first came out!!! Titanic overload! How can I remedy this situation? I thought that after not listening to it for 2 years that it would be more fresh and fun to hear....i guess 2 years was not long enough.