GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

Are the Hound and Arya traveling to King's Landing? Why aren't they on Dany's boats? Or riding with Jon?

1 minute ago, Holko said:

Born together, die together. Some characters gotta have dramatically satisfying payoffs and arcs, right? ...Right?

When was the last time a character death felt truly shocking and meaningful?

Tywin?

The cries of racism (Missendai) and misogyny (Mad Qweeeeen Dany) on Twitter are actually hilarious 😂

As soon as someone does something these people don’t like it’s automatically white male supremecy! Twitter needs to go die in a fire.

Just now, Holko said:

Shove her out like Bran and jump after her, shot from the back like Tommen!

Now you're thinkin' like Benioff & Weiss!

ma97zr8usiy3rrakdajt.jpg

Just now, Bilbo said:

Missendai

Some fan you are!

1 minute ago, Bilbo said:

As soon as someone does something these people don’t like it’s automatically white male supremecy!

Are they whining about Brienne's finish so far being becoming the woman to stay home and cry as her man goes off to battle?

Look lad. It’s a fucking wonder I can spell Jon righ. 

I haven’t seen any Brienne stuff but I don’t actively go looking for it. It probably is out there.

28 minutes ago, Quintus said:

This'll go down as the biggest most anticlimactic failure to a much loved ficton in history. They absolutely blew it, it's incredible.

Impossible to imagine even 3 weeks ago, right?

34 minutes ago, Quintus said:

This'll go down as the biggest most anticlimactic failure to a much loved ficton in history. They absolutely blew it, it's incredible.

I am not a traditional watcher but I agree with this assessment. I am struck by the smallness of the story and the stakes. Okay Cersei is a bad guy and Danerys is going mad. Anyone of Cersei or Jon or Dany or Genry end up on the throne, what is the point? What are the stakes here?

Why should I care? Tyrion says the stakes are the right person should sit on the throne or else the people will suffer? Really? Those are the main stakes here?

For an epic series - there is nothing monumental about the conclusion. It doesn't have quite the scale or immensity of an epoch ending event. It is just there - just petty humans - attractive young people for the most part - squabbling.

Even End Game managed to have real dramatic stakes and a conclusion that felt big and bold. Where is that here?

And why didn't Tyrion and Jaime simply have him arrested for threatening them?

Also, why would Bronn expect either of them to hold their end of the bargain if he just came in and threatened to kill them?

If the ending of the story boils down to so-and-so securing the throne, I'll likely be in agreement that it is, overall, a disaster.

I don't think that's how it will turn out. More likely than not, the major theme of the conclusion will be a fundamental change to the system of governance, not just the personnel.

8 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

How did Bronn get into Winterfell, with a crossbow to threaten Tyrion and Jaime in a room somewhere?

Was that in Winterfell? I assumed that they were at an inn...

2 minutes ago, Glóin the Dark said:

Was that in Winterfell? I assumed that they were at an inn...

Yeah I remember an establishing shot that looked like a standalone building.

Oh yeah, they did go to a random inn just to have Bronn be able to find them there, in that random place where they would be harder to find.

Bronn seems to have been reprogrammed, I thought he'd throw down the crossbow, kick up his legs and drink and the scene would end with the three of them laughing!

It was a clunky and awkwardly put together episode... but more intriguing than the previous three. I suppose my interpretation of Daenerys was on point after all. She bothered me ever since that Khal Drogo funeral pyre sacrifice scene in season 1.

Am I the only person who needs to Google the word Daenerys every time I use it in a post? Even after 8 years? :lol:

Karol

Can’t help but think they have completely ballsed up this season. They’ve got a lot to try and wrap up in just two episodes.

30 minutes ago, Arpy said:

Bronn seems to have been reprogrammed, I thought he'd throw down the crossbow, kick up his legs and drink and the scene would end with the three of them laughing!

It was another idiotic WTF scene where they threw out characterisation for the sake of cheap plotting.

Even the sight of Dany and her guard at the walls beneath Cersei and her archers... it was bullshit. Cersei being Cersei could have ended it all there with one volley. That would have been the actual most humane solution.

13 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Like Lost did? Or Battlestar Galactica?

Haven’t seen any of those I’m afraid! Haha

7 minutes ago, Quintus said:

It was another idiotic WTF scene where they threw out characterisation for the sake of cheap plotting.

That actually felt like the Bronn from the books. In the books he's is definitely not a friend to Tyrion, just his mercenary/bodyguard and in it for himself. Also the theory that he purposefully made sure Shae did not leave King's Landing on Cersei's request.

The show has humanized him too much, because he's a good actor and people liked him.

11 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Even the sight of Dany and her guard at the walls beneath Cersei and her archers... it was bullshit. Cersei being Cersei could have ended it all there with one volley. That would have been the actual most humane solution.

That actually did bother me too.

Karol

17 minutes ago, Fargo said:

The show has humanized [Bronn] too much, because he's a good actor and people liked him.

He's been pretty consistently portrayed as an amoral character throughout. Tyrion asked him whether, upon being ordered to slit babies' throats, he would have done it without question (like Janos Slynt), and Bronn's response was "Without question? No. I'd ask how much." I think he was telling the truth.

Stefan already posted about the cup a few posts ago

EDIT: Ninja'd

8 minutes ago, Holko said:

Or a completely impactless but fun mistake that happens all the time. I was more busy following the trajectory of Tormund's beverages.

Like the gas canister in Gladiator, the watch in Ben Hur, Saruman’s bandage in Fellowship. I’m pretty sure someone somewhere on the Internet has compiled a list of all this stuff. It happens. 

3 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Like the gas canister in Gladiator, the watch in Ben Hur, Saruman’s bandage in Fellowship. I’m pretty sure someone somewhere on the Internet has compiled a list of all this stuff. It happens. 

The straw hat guy in Pirates 1, Gandalf's watch that they actually covered up for the EE I think...

Like how lately the media cannot grasp that reshoots and pickups are a completely natural part of any major production. 

inb4 "Rise of Skywalker is massive terrible mess: needs major reshoots!"

People are turning the brightness way up to point out the Starbucks cup, but yes it's there.

Here's my screengrab from the Amazon Prime stream.

unknown.png