The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

On 7/14/2017 at 5:39 PM, BloodBoal said:

Aubrey Plaza Wants to Play the DCEU’s Catwoman

Well, that would make LeBlanc very happy.

You must be confusing me with someone else; While I thought she was great on Parks and Rec, I thought she played the exact same character in the one or two other movies I saw her in.  Until she popped up in Legion, and was great there, but I was hardly the first or only champion of that show: We didn't even start watching until the first season was almost over.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Affleck's Batman Future in Doubt as Warner Bros. Plots Franchise

a source with knowledge of the situation says that the studio is working on plans to usher out Affleck’s Batman — gracefully, addressing the change in some shape or form in one of the upcoming DC films.

Also, ouch.

In addition, Affleck will turn 45 in August, so he would be pushing 50 before The Batman arrives in theaters. If Reeves makes a trilogy, Affleck would be in his mid-50s at best by the time that’s done. Maybe Tom Cruise could pull that off but Affleck’s body hasn’t exactly been a temple.

Maybe Tom Cruise could pull that off but Affleck’s body hasn’t exactly been a temple.

Huh? Didn't he workout like hell for BvS?

4 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Huh? Didn't he workout like hell for BvS?

He did. But there might be something to the rumor that his body was photoshopped in some scenes. 

Either ways, tHR is a trade so it does have higher than average credibility.

Stop delaying and get filming if age is the issue. He already looks cool as a seasoned Bruce Wayne. Keaton was our greatest hero despite lacking youthfulness.

7 hours ago, Stefancos said:

The whole story seems fishy to me.

BatmanReturns_Recap2_16.PNG

It is basically The Rules Of The Game compared to BvS and MOS. Both of those movies are horrible and WW is an extremely compelling and involving origin tale. I think the opening is a bit iffy and the climatic fight is a letdown but for much of it, it is above average superhero film of its kind. I cannot stress how much having a female director adds to the proceedings. It is a different energy, kind of like a shot of adrenaline that this genre hasn't had before. 

In its own way, and because of the female element - first massive budget superhero film starring and made by a woman - it is a path breaking film and a film well worth watching on its own merits.

I think those are some strong words. It's a competent film and plays the formula better than it's predecessors. You can have a good time with it, but it's not anything really remarkable.

I think the context in which the film is made and presented makes it a bit remarkable more than it's content. In the NOW, the film is for sure remarkable. In the future, who knows. But as things stand today, WW is a path breaking film.

And you know Justice League won't be good either because you shouldn't do movie about more than one superhero. Just look at mess that Civil War was.

9 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

But...but..the first avengers film was good, right? 

But look what has become of Whedon in the second Avengers movie! Marvel killed him! Just like they killed the Russo brothers.

9 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Whedon can save Justice League!

An impossible task, I'm afraid. It surprises me that Whedon accepted the responsibility.

8 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Where is Zack?

With his wife grieving the loss of their daughter?

‘Justice League’ Extensive Reshoots Causing Headaches for Star Schedules

The part you want to read: :D

Cavill’s issues are even more thorny. “Justice League’s” Man of Steel had expected to be able to finish shooting the sixth “Mission: Impossible” film before needing to don Superman’s spandex again. That has not been the case, however, as the new scenes that are being shot have required him to jump back and forth from each production. Because of this, a mustache he grew for his character in the “Mission: Impossible” sequel will have to be digitally removed in post-production. Paramount, which is distributing the “Mission: Impossible” sequel, would not allow Cavill to shave the facial hair while production was taking place.

Oh to be that VFX artist

It's either digitally add a mustache to the 80% of the movie that's already finalized, or digitally remove a mustache in the 20% of the movie that hasn't shot yet.

After his death at the hands of Doomsday, the mid-1990's comic book Superman came back from the dead sporting a mullet. Moustache seems like a fitting tribute to Superman's poor understanding of fashion trends.

Karol

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Why can't Superman have a mustache?

Cavill does look rather fetching with facial hair...

Jason Momoa did two weeks' worth of reshoots (flown in from the Aquaman set), as did Gal Gadot. Other actors (like Ezra Miller, Affleck, and Ray Fisher) had "quite a bit" more.

So essentially this is an Rogue One situation where Joss will likely get a producing credit and/or screenplay credit on the final film.

So there are only four films in the DC Universe so far, right?

Man Of Steel

Batman v Superman

Suicide Squad

Wonder Woman

Does anyone know how Suicide Squad fits into the timeline? I'm confused because in BvS, Batman had been fighting Gotham criminals for 20 years. The Joker would, assumingly, be somewhere earlier in that timeframe, with his comment about people dressing up like clowns, and the bit with Robin's death. But, the Joker is clearly alive and well in Suicide Squad, and Batman's involvement in that film is only because Viola Davis has files on WW, Flash, etc. However, in BvS, it seems like this is the first time he's ever seen these characters. 

47 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

It's better to forget Suicide Squad altogether.

46 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

That would be my advice as well.

It was awful, but I'm puzzled at the oversight here since both films were released in 2016. Seems like an obvious contradiction, unless I'm misunderstanding or misrembering something.

Now I need to see Wonder Woman and figure out that timeline, because I found it hilarious that her first screen presence in the DC Universe was just a photo with her crazy ass theme blaring. Seemed like an odd introduction :P

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

Does anyone know how Suicide Squad fits into the timeline? I'm confused because in BvS, Batman had been fighting Gotham criminals for 20 years. The Joker would, assumingly, be somewhere earlier in that timeframe, with his comment about people dressing up like clowns, and the bit with Robin's death.

There's nothing in the new DC universe that states The Joker killed Robin, or that The Joker was in fact dead.

I havent seen Suicide Squad, apparently I shouldnt.

6 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

because I found it hilarious that her first screen presence in the DC Universe was just a photo with her crazy ass theme blaring.

Actually we saw Diane Prince a little bit before that. At Lex's party.

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

There's nothing in the new DC universe that states The Joker killed Robin, or that The Joker was in fact dead.

I havent seen Suicide Squad, apparently I shouldnt.

Robin's suit has Joker's spray paint on it, "Ha ha ha, joke's on you, Batman," referencing the comics. 

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

There's nothing in the new DC universe that states The Joker killed Robin

This (though it has been strongly implied) and...

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

or that The Joker was in fact dead.

This!