RotS:The JWFAN Tomatometer

King Mark

RotS Film Rating  

48 members have voted

1. 1.

• Fresh
    • Rotten

Well.lets see how we compare to nationwide critics!Vote after weighing the positives and negatives of your personnal review

K.M.Who can't vote yet,since he hasn't seen it.

K.M.2Who hopes the word Tomatometer isn't copywrited

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By no means"Fresh", but an awful lot "Fresher" than sme of the others.....

Greg - who is nitpicking but voted Fresh....

Fresh.

I love when people say that the prequels raped their childhood. They're just movies, and I happen to believe the most recent of which was fantastic. I think if we were younger and never saw the OT, then we would be just as taken with them as we were the OT back in the day.

Tim

I think if we were younger and never saw the OT, then we would be just as taken with them as we were the OT back in the day.

And if we were kids, we'd be eating dirt.

Neil

It's the SEs that screwed it all up. And the fact that Lucas won't release the original versions. If he just did that, I think like 75% of the flaming would go away.

And with my vote, the JWfan.net tomatometer exactly equals the rottontomatoes.com tomatometer at 82%.

ROTS had plenty of good, fun elements, but way, WAY too many glaring mistakes.....bad dialogue, bad delivery, rushed/poorly edited scenes for it to be fresh.

I say this mainly because I know what George and Co. were able to do w/ the OT, and also how much money they are sitting on now that they can spend to present a truly polished materpiece. Where $#@! is it??? How can so much talent and money come together for so many years and produce such unrefined works? Lazines is all I can attribute it to. Laziness and greed. The quality of Star Wars has steadily declined as the commercialization has grown (starting mainly w/ ROTJ and then w/ the special editions). Quality of film-making is lost, and all focus is on how they can make the film look glitzy and how they can market it.

And by an amazing coincidence Sith currently has 8.3/10 on IMDB. It is currently ranked as 130th most popular movie of all time. Let's face it, so far people love this film!

That means very little to me; for some perspective, AotC is also rated "Fresh" (65%) at Rotten Tomatoes, and has a fairly high 7.0 rating at IMDb.

Ray Barnsbury

Check the IMDB ratings in a couple of months, and I bet it'll drop dramatically. Not because it's such a bad movie, but because the hype blows over.

Check the IMDB ratings in a couple of months, and I bet it'll drop dramatically. Not because it's such a bad movie, but because the hype blows over.

And because it's a bad movie.

Neil

Well since "fresh" at rottentomatoes.com implies a 3 star movie which is essentially a "good" movie that I liked. Then I would rate it "fresh".

I have seen all the movies Hollywood has ever put out and ROTS is by far the worst of the lot.

No, you haven't and no, it isn't.

And with my vote, the JWfan.net tomatometer exactly equals the rottontomatoes.com tomatometer at 82%.  

ROTS had plenty of good, fun elements, but way, WAY too many glaring mistakes.....bad dialogue, bad delivery, rushed/poorly edited scenes for it to be fresh.

I say this mainly because I know what George and Co. were able to do w/ the OT, and also how much money they are sitting on now that they can spend to present a truly polished materpiece.  Where $#@! is it???  How can so much talent and money come together for so many years and produce such unrefined works?  Lazines is all I can attribute it to.  Laziness and greed.  The quality of Star Wars has steadily declined as the commercialization has grown (starting mainly w/ ROTJ and then w/ the special editions).  Quality of film-making is lost, and all focus is on how they can make the film look glitzy and how they can market it.

I definitely don't think that George Lucas or the people who work for him are lazy; filmmaking's very hard work. I also don't think that George Lucas was cheap - he's spent a huge amount of his own money on these films. Perhaps the problems with the prequels are twofold: (i) The story was very thin in Episodes 1 and 2 - the films looked great, but there was very little substance driving the action; and (ii) George Lucas is not a young, hungry filmmaker anymore - he's Chairman of a huge corporation (in terms of revenue).

The prequels don't take away from the original trilogy at all; it's just disappointing that the prequels aren't as good as the original trilogy.

Also, with making the original, it was about going back to that old-fashioned adventure feeling of Saturday matinees. With the prequels, it's all about moving forward and "pushing the envelope in VFX."

Also, with making the original, it was about going back to that old-fashioned adventure feeling of Saturday matinees. With the prequels, it's all about moving forward and "pushing the envelope in VFX."

Well they did push the envelope in the OT too, but I see where you're getting at. The most disturbing aspects of this are (1) not because the battles look more spectacular with more things going on they are emotionally more involving (quite the reverse in the case of the Star Wars films), and esp. (2) in Star Wars Lucas opted for an old, battered universe - nothing looks brand new, but 'used', and I always thought this was one of his most brilliant decisions (especially because science fiction is often very historiographical too), but in the prequels he abandoned this in all possible ways, a pity.

In three days from now, I promise my vote. I hope it's fresh. I guess I'll hace mixed feelings, but hope the good ones win (unlike in the movie :P )

I should have just gone on my own and then again with my friends, but at least I'm seeing it in a DP.

71 hours and going down...

in Star Wars Lucas opted for an old' date=' battered universe - nothing looks brand new, but 'used', and I always thought this was one of his most brilliant decisions (especially because science fiction is often very historiographical too), but in the prequels he abandoned this in all possible ways, a pity.[/quote']

Hadn't thought about this re the prequels, but I agree with you; I always thought that this was one of the things that Star Wars did better than Star Trek...

in Star Wars Lucas opted for an old' date=' battered universe - nothing looks brand new' date=' but 'used', and I always thought this was one of his most brilliant decisions (especially because science fiction is often very historiographical too), but in the prequels he abandoned this in all possible ways, a pity.[/quote'']

Hadn't thought about this re the prequels, but I agree with you; I always thought that this was one of the things that Star Wars did better than Star Trek...

yes but Star Trek is the military unlike Star Wars which is a rebellion comprised of whatever it can find.