All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. "The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity."
  3. They also had London twice. In Rogue Nation & Fallout
  4. Even if he did his original choice of 'The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street', after what happened, it still couldn't have saved that film.
  5. Gotta say "cosplay" beats the hell out of "garb". I'm not sure if I ever met John, but I met Bjo just before TNG went on the air. (I might have met both of them at the same time. But she was the one who had written a book.)
  6. "Anál nathrach, orth' bháis's bethad, do chél dénmha."
  7. Today
  8. They are still filming. In Paris this week where a motorbike chase was filmed last night.
  9. “- I can't tell... if it's an "A sharp" or if it's a "B flat"! - Heh, if you hit the wrong note, we'll all "B flat!"
  10. Very well deserved. Elliot Goldenthal is one of the greatest masters.
  11. I like the sound of this. Full album out today.
  12. I hope it's a hint that we might be getting a expanded Spider-Man 2 soundtrack
  13. If this is confirmed then that may explain the lower price as opposed to the DG Shop offering which just states "2 CD + Bluray". But I somehow have the feeling that some random song-list creating undergrad at jpc has messed up.
  14. I liked Goldenthal's Alien3 and Batman Forever, but never the whole thing, just some major parts of it. That is my issue with Goldenthal. I never managed to like a whole score, just the lyrical orchestral parts. When it came to his techno and ambient parts, which are there in almost each of his scores, then I am out. Often his music feels a little random and too dissonant to me. I never managed to get into his music overall as a pure musical listen.
  15. I looked at the files but will not read until I receive a hard copy. Anyone received their LLL discount vouchers? Karol
  16. The more I think about it, the more I get aware, that some, even great Spielberg movies, are suffering from quite a weak ending. Jaws has a perfect ending. Catch Me If You Can has a perfect ending. The Fabelmans as well. Anyway, after starting so well with Jaws and falling back then he got better and better at finishing his films in recent years. Apart from that the endings are often either some kind of Deus Ex Machina, when everything seems lost the cavalry or a miracle saves the day, or it is terribly cheesy or both. Minority Report, great movie. But then Anderton's wife walks into the prison with a gun and frees her husband and nobody is after him. Didn't really make sense. Temple of Doom, the day is saved literally by the British cavalry. E.T. And don't let me get started about Always and Hook. What sometimes saves the movie then is that Spielberg adds some smart or funny little epilogue like in Raiders of the Lost Ark or Hook.
  17. Listened to this three times in the past few days. It is terrific, definitely one of the best recent film score albums out there. It is really listenable all the way through, even during the more ambient sections of the score suite. Liner notes by Jeff Bond are also fascinating to read. Good stuff. Karol
  18. Check back on that other site you asked on
  19. Anyone got this album to download???
  20. I once bought it for a friend's birthday. It's probably worth its weight in gold now.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.