All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. You realise there was nearly a year and a half separating those two posts? But in answer to your question, no, my brain doesn't have a memory bank devoted to storing information on leaked film stems for twenty year old scores.
  3. The OST is, in my opinion, one of the worst in Goldsmith's discography. It's not that it plays badly as an album, but it doesn't well represent what Goldsmith wrote, at all. Unlike the OST of First Knight and Lancelot's Theme, it doesn't omit a key theme entirely, but it comes really close: the beautiful love theme only appears once, briefly, in the finale cue. One might be forgiven for even thinking it was just a unique bridge melody or something, the way it's used there. But in the score proper it is given a ton of great development and really makes its mark just as much as the hero and villain themes. This is one where the Intrada expansion is IMO especially essential, because they almost *triple* the running time -- this is one of Goldsmith's longest scores (along with QB VII and The Mummy). Yavar
  4. And it's actually not true that I keep bringing up Serenity. Other people keep rubbing my nose in it and I just respond to it that it didn't make sense. Boring movie too. Doesn't necessarily mean I'd respond the same way to Breaking Bad. You never know, I might enjoy it!
  5. The only bit I got for my phone version from the film leak/reconstruction/whatever is the very end, Unable/Unwilling's different mix with that coda.
  6. You can now pre-order on Amazon US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SJ9JD63/
  7. There was a film stem leak? Does it have the unreleased coda right at the start of the credits the LLL omitted?
  8. It is now reported that the fire was more damaging than first reported, affecting up to 800 artists instead of “just” the initial 100. https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/jun/26/universal-warehouse-fire-neil-young-cher-martin-luther-king
  9. Jay

The NINTENDO Thread

Blerg. I'm so pumped for MARIO MAKER 2 coming out this Friday, BUT we are going away on a family vacation to Maine and won't be back till Sunday night. But on top of that, I don't want my pre-order to bake in the sun on my porch all weekend, so I have to have it sent to my office, which means I won't get it till Monday which means I won't get to PLAY it until Monday evening. Blah! @Disco Stu you planning on putting a lot of hours into it this weekend?
  10. Never mind Jessie and Bullseye, Sid deserved to bite the dust since he blew up Combat Carl!
  11. If a film edit adds music that is unobtrusive and musically flows, it's one thing. But if a film edit dials out a lot of music, or adds a lot of silence or excessive looping and tracking, then it's pointless.
  12. I don't have a headboard, but I do check my doors often.
  13. I think I tried it once and it’s a horrible experience. It’s not as noticeable in film but my god it’s horrible on its own. the LLL set is perfect
  14. I believe Stefan is mostly referring to stuff like in this thread, the one of his I checked was about 4.9 mb.
  15. Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a child?
  16. I like tons of different shows! I just have a preference for the 80s and 90s ones I grew up with.
  17. Jay

Pet Peeves

I don't think that's ever happened to me
  18. Jay

BREAKING BAD

You asked what the show was like, and I told you. I also predicted you wouldn't like it, because I've been reading you talk about shows and movies for over a decade so I know what your tastes are, and based on that I predicted that you will not like this show. I don't see what the problem is and I don't care any more. Either watch the show or don't, it makes no difference to me.
  19. See you're so negative! Something like "if you thought Godzilla didn't have enough Bryan Cranston, you'll never get rid of him in Breaking Bad" not too difficult a response?
  20. Jay

BREAKING BAD

I can't make predictions? If he found Serenity confusing, he'll probably find this confusing too. What's the problem? I can't utilize the knowledge he himself has posted to help inform him that I feel he won't like this show? You guys sure are quick to jump down my throat at anything I say you disagree with I never once said anything about your intelligence level. Please don't put words in my mouth.
  21. Only after your initial "drakz aint smart enuff 2 wotch aech bee oh snob tee vee" response!
  1. Load more activity