The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. William Ross is a better conductor.

Excuse me?

And you base this on what?

Ross is hardly more than an average conductor.

Williams has great style and elegance, and much more importantly in this context, simply a miraculous sense of time, which allows for great musical phrasing while beautifully synchronizing with the film.

I'm very puzzled...

Please. Conducting is just a frill. That point is that Williams only needs to write the score to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, then die. He doesn't need to live long enough to conduct recording sessions, which are merely formalities.

Please. Conducting is just a frill. That point is that Williams only needs to write the score to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, then die. He doesn't need to live long enough to conduct recording sessions, which are merely formalities.

That sounds incredibly selfish. All you want is his product, then you don't care what the heck happens to him.

Liner notes are inevitable, every Williams score has them.
Memoirs didnt, ditto for The Patriot, Nixon, The Lost World.....
No matter what, the best liner note is still Angela's Ashes.
How about Tibet? The one with the director wanting to be reincarnated as Williams or something....

How the hell is Spielberg able to film an epic like Indy in such a short time!

Spielberg is a master and he does shoot his films quickly because of it! :unsure:

Time to recover the lost time of the discussion :P

OK, this is getting out of hand.

That's what happens when you wait too many years to shot a sequel...people can't wait!

Wow this time the 'Governments agents' did help indy...

;)

"Is Drew returning for the poster?" Without missing a beat Spielberg said without a doubt. He said he can't make an INDIANA JONES movie without John Williams' score, he can't make one without Michael Kahn editing and it wouldn't be an INDIANA JONES movie if Drew Struzan didn't do the poster art.

Yeah, I definitely agree with Spielberg.

In addition of being excited to see the movie itself, and to hear Williams' score, I also can't wait to see Struzan's poster(s - since usually there's more than just the official one), as it's always a great way to start the movie experience.

Don't forget Janusz Kaminski for cinematography and Kathleen Kennedy producing.

And Harrison Ford as Indy!! (dedicated to whoever, in a thread here some year ago, didn't wanted Ford as a new Indy, but prefer other actors, the most named of whom was Viggo Mortenshit :) )

According to Spielberg, he is shooting Indy IV on film instead of using digital video, despite producer George Lucas' encouragement to use the newer technology. The reason for this, Spielberg said, was because he wanted the film to remain true not only to its predecessors in the series but also to the original serials which inspired Indiana Jones' initial creation. Additionally, he said that the effects work was approximately 70 percent practical and 30 percent CGI, although the computer-generated work will be obvious (presumably backdrops and large set pieces).

And this is why I have faith in the production. Thank you for keeping it grounded, Spielberg!

Ray Barnsbury

Couldn't agree more. Inddy IV MUST look as much similar as possible to the other 3, so that you couldn't tell that 17 years are passed between the last one (in fact it was already a great thing that LC looked similar as Raiders, even if 8 years passed between the two movies).

1981enbuscadelarca.jpg

I don't like this Raiders poster. Indy doesn't even have the fedora!

I like the LC poster you posted, but I like the official one a little more.

On the other hand, they might feel that releassing 3 Indiana Jones scores around the same time a brand new one is being released would confuse customers, and saturate the market.

I think re-releasing the 3 OSTs can be a good move. As of now, the only OST easily available is LC. Both OST and Expanded Raiders are rare and OOP (making it quite expensive like the DCC Expanded one I bought on eBay), and ToD is a really archeological gem. I only found the (damn expensive) Japanese import, so re-releases (with improved sound...they say) of the three OSTs will make fans get the chance to own them without having to spend a shitload of dead presidents.

I have a couple more quoted posts which I can't add yet because I passed the board limit of quotations. ^_^ :doh:

Part 2 of my yesterday's post.

I think that's carrying things too far. These editions should be considered complete releases. rolleyes.gif

Are you really a fan?

You're basically said that you don't care if a release is missing music that instead should have been on it.

Yes, I will be happy without those. I'll be even more happy and ecstatic if there is extra music, although I don't expect anything short of a few different variations if a release is to be made. Liner notes are inevitable, every Williams score has them.

You must be joking. Or either you've never listened to the ToD or the LC score. Both are too incomplete to be true.

Also, your last sentence looks like it's an annoying thing for you to have Williams liner notes. I actually like them (and Spielberg ones as well).

I'm not near my CD at the moment (I'm on another continent, as a matter of fact).

8O ^_^

Shit man, does EVERY post of you need about your wish of seeing Williams dying? It was barely funny the first time, but I've read so many post of you now in this thread, and now you've passed the limit. It's great when people like you realize when it's time to stop, think about it.

I don't care about fans who don't have the existing ToD OST because it's too expensive or they can't find it.

I agree!.

Besides, people who don't have the OST are not realy fans. Wether it is expensive or hard to find, you should get it, or you have no right to be a member of this forum!

I stole my copy, and I'm proud of it!

:P

Never mind...

On topic, though, I agree. I'm not going to spend a ridiculous amount of money for an overly short OST from Japan when I could (and have) easily gotten it for free. There is no reason to reissue the OST, and every reason to release the complete score.

I'm not sure Indiana Jones IV will be the standard that you going to see back in the 1980s with the first three Indiana Jones films. It will be today's standards with today's special effects, sound effects and maybe a bit use of CGI. Although the art of film can make tricks, which it maybe possible like as if it being made back in 1980s with the first three film.

But I doubt we're going to see the old standard special effects back in the 1980s with the first three with the melting faces with the power of Ark of the Covenant and all of that.

Shit man, does EVERY post of you need about your wish of seeing Williams dying? It was barely funny the first time, but I've read so many post of you now in this thread, and now you've passed the limit. It's great when people like you realize when it's time to stop, think about it.

Six fuckin' car lengths! That's a hundred and six fuckin' feet, mister! If I had to stop suddenly, you woulda hit me! I want you to get a fuckin' driver's manual, and I want you to study that motherfucker! And I want you to obey the the goddamn rules! Fifty-fuckin' thousand people were killed on the highway last year 'cause of fuckin' assholes like you! Tell me you're gonna get a manual!

I'm not sure Indiana Jones IV will be the standard that you going to see back in the 1980s with the first three Indiana Jones films. It will be today's standards with today's special effects, sound effects and maybe a bit use of CGI. Although the art of film can make tricks, which it maybe possible like as if it being made back in 1980s with the first three film.

But I doubt we're going to see the old standard special effects back in the 1980s with the first three with the melting faces with the power of Ark of the Covenant and all of that.

Spielberg is a clever enough film maker to realise that Indy's sparkle doesn't come from the special effects. It comes from the ideas, the character, the music, and the cinematography.

Coincidentally, these are also the features that make a film stand out in today's CGI overkill, so I'm positive it will be a worthy Indy film.

Yes.

Six fuckin' car lengths! That's a hundred and six fuckin' feet, mister! If I had to stop suddenly, you woulda hit me! I want you to get a fuckin' driver's manual, and I want you to study that motherfucker! And I want you to obey the the goddamn rules! Fifty-fuckin' thousand people were killed on the highway last year 'cause of fuckin' assholes like you! Tell me you're gonna get a manual!

You know, that's the second time I've seen that quote recently, and I still don't know where the heck it's from, or what the heck it has to do with jacksquat.

It depends. If someone like Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis or Martin Lawrence say it, it should be funny. But written by this buck dude ain't.

Where's that quote from anyway?

As for what Damo said. Yes. Of course there will be differences on how the movie will look like. 18 years can't be ignored. Just look on how "normal" and realistic was Die Hard With A Vengeance and how Live Free or Die Hard has some exaggerate scenes (seen it last night and loved it...right Romão? :)) in it.

But the important thing is that Spielberg tried his best to get Indy IV to look as much as possible similar to the Trilogy. It means trying to use CGI less than possible, not avoiding it at all costs. There will be more special effects than ever before, but it's inevitable. But I'm sure Spielberg just used them when it was inevitable.

Maybe there is hope for this message board.

Spielberg is a clever enough film maker to realise that Indy's sparkle doesn't come from the special effects. It comes from the ideas, the character, the music, and the cinematography.

Coincidentally, these are also the features that make a film stand out in today's CGI overkill, so I'm positive it will be a worthy Indy film.

It depends. If someone like Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis or Martin Lawrence say it, it should be funny. But written by this buck dude ain't.

Where's that quote from anyway?

As for what Damo said. Yes. Of course there will be differences on how the movie will look like. 18 years can't be ignored. Just look on how "normal" and realistic was Die Hard With A Vengeance and how Live Free or Die Hard has some exaggerate scenes (seen it last night and loved it...right Romão? ;)) in it.

But the important thing is that Spielberg tried his best to get Indy IV to look as much as possible similar to the Trilogy. It means trying to use CGI less than possible, not avoiding it at all costs. There will be more special effects than ever before, but it's inevitable. But I'm sure Spielberg just used them when it was inevitable.

Yeah that is exactly what I was trying to say and because not only just the improved technologies with the effects, the lighting, cinematography , the experience from the same people over the years, music, the ideas, or the characters or whatever... Let me point out to you that the chances are that Indiana Jones IV could turned out to be incredible amazing because of the 18 years since back in the olden days. We know that Spielberg is a master with his movies and because of the experiences and the collaborations with other people.

Cool! Really looking forward to this.

In related news, I've recently been finding Cate Blanchett pretty ravishing....can't wait to see her all dolled-up in period wardrobe!

Ray Barnsbury