The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The harmonies and orchestration seem too simple for Williams...

I'd say it's a pure Williams without the extensive orchestration (by some other composers) that his music usually undergo before it's released. :(

I'd say it's a pure Williams without the extensive orchestration (by some other composers) that his music usually undergo before it's released. :(

Huh?

click

small preview of 'the complere making of indiana jones' book by JW Rinzler

No spoilers, just interesing stuff from raiders.

"The original concept for Toht (Nazi in black leather trench coat) was that he had a machine gun for an arm"

Really glad they dropped that.

That was Spielberg's original idea for the character by the way.

I agree. Still, it sounds more likely that anything else we've heard to date.

Why do they make me enter my birthday when they have to know I'm just gonna lie to them? It's like when I watch an AVGN video. For all they know I could be a 12 year old girl.

Huh?

Haven't you heard the rumors that some other people contribute to so-called JW's sound during the orchestration of his simple tunes (written, as we hear, on a midi synthesizer)?

Holy sh*it, the more I listen, the more I'm convinced this IS Williams. The orchestration is EXACTLY what I'd expect from him, if he was instructed to go 'back to basics' for the new Indy film. To me it's pure Williams of an earlier era, which is kinda scary. It almost sounds like something from Temple Of Doom...

When that last cue (Empire photoshoot) was being discussed as possible Indy IV musical material, I was quick to write it off as nothing more than generic MV stuff. Here I'm not so certain. Not so certain at all.

It's good but it's really generic.

Why do they make me enter my birthday when they have to know I'm just gonna lie to them? It's like when I watch an AVGN video. For all they know I could be a 12 year old girl.

I think it's some sort of international law, sadly.

it's not Williams

It's said by someone who deny the obvious fact that it was Ross not Williams who wrote Chamber of Secrets!

wrong that dead horse is so abused, Williams wrote COS, ross just conducted it.

I don't think it sounds bad at all. I actually quite like it. The quality is very poor though, so if this from the actual score, it's not really presented in its "full glory."

a 109 second Trailer for Indiana Jones will be attached to Iron Man next week, so thats a good reason to go see Iron Man.

For the last time, John Williams only wrote around 40 minutes of music, the rest was composed , orchestrated, arranged and conducted by Wiliam Ross!

wrong, John wrote all the music, Ross' contributions were minimal.

a 109 second Trailer for Indiana Jones will be attached to Iron Man next week, so thats a good reason to go see Iron Man.

There is no good reason to go see Iron Man. I'll watch the trailer online, thank you.

Don't think this is from KOTCS, but there definitely is a continuum-sounding instrument in the mix, at a very interesting point too. Just adds to the drama I guess, besides, it seems weird to me that they would just pluck a piece out of nowhere - especially a piece that no one can easily identify.

But I was under the impression there was no choir in this score?

Also, some parts also sound like Goldsmith to me.

For the last time, John Williams only wrote around 40 minutes of music, the rest was composed , orchestrated, arranged and conducted by Wiliam Ross!

Surely you're not suggesting that KM's signature might be wrong?!

Don't think this is from KOTCS, but there definitely is a continuum-sounding instrument in the mix, at a very interesting point too.

You may just be hearing the web site's sound effects.

Don't think this is from KOTCS, but there definitely is a continuum-sounding instrument in the mix, at a very interesting point too.

You may just be hearing the web site's sound effects.

True, but it does sound suspect in the higher register - even in the low quality it is.

I'm just wondering if there is some repository where they get music for random promotional material such as this.

I'm keeping an eye on soundtrack.net. I'm waiting for them to put up an exclusive preview of the soundtrack for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls .

Anyway It almost May. Looking forward for May 22.

Well, I don't know what all the sourpussing is about...I think it's fun to speculate about these periodically surfacing music clips, no matter how excessively hyper some people get over it. It's part of the fun of an upcoming release. And though this one doesn't sound much like current Williams, it's more likely than any of the other clips we've heard.

I still remember the PoA internationnal trailer with a Williams like theme. Was it or was it not Williams? ,that lasted 2 weeks . Then a real Williams clip showed up in a movie preview.. we knew instantly and without doubt.

The only time I was confused was the Blue Fairie theme in the A.I. trailer.

there's gonna be an Indy feature on Entertainement Tonight ,I'm keeping my ears perked.That's where you have to look

For the first time, I am certain that this isn't Williams. Which of course means it very well may be. But it doesn't sound that way to me.

Ted

Well at first it sounds very williams-esque. But if you compare it to the simple yet brilliant themes for The Ark, The Grail and even the Sankara Stones... I would be very dissapointed if this is the crystal skull theme. It just doesn't stand up for the last three macguffin themes

On another note, I had a few LEGO Indiana Jones sets in my hand today. I didn't know these were out yet. Look sort of fun, but the amount of licensed LEGO products is just getting weird now (there's sets based on Burton's Batman and there was a Speed Racer set right next to the Indy ones - weird).

It breaks the heart!

And the head!

Thank god it's a fake!

You can tell it from the cross sections!

I thought I saw the old Batmobile in one?

That Batmobile is an original LEGO design, albeit with lot of influences from previous designs of the Batmobile, Burton's included.

That Batmobile is an original LEGO design, albeit with lot of influences from previous designs of the Batmobile, Burton's included.

I stand corrected.

If anyone here knows LEGO, it's Romão...

I stand corrected.

If anyone here knows LEGO, it's Romão...

Since when are moderators participating in off-topic discussions?