Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

ashinyobject

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So finally iTunes Mexico opens up and surprise, surprise, it sucks. It has only 3 Jerry Goldsmith albums for example (btw, is First Knight any good??). Anyway I did find Men in Black for about $7 dollars ($90 pesos) and considering it's out of print, it's not a bad price for 256kps mp3s, so I got it

Bought? Downloaded? (Can you actually get it in stores?)

It is a free download at the Coldplay website but they give away physical copies at their concerts. I saw them last night and got a copy.

Ordered from Varese Sarabande:

- Conti - The Right Stuff

- Goldsmith - Lonely Are The Brave

- Grusin - Author! Author!

- Williams - Amazing Stories

- Shore - Big

Ordered from SAE:

- Horner - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

- Jones - Runaway Train (Expanded/3000 edition)

- Boughton - Tombstone (Complete/2 CD)

- Hooper - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

- Morricone - Duck You Sucker (Giu' la testa/2 CD)

- Sheffer - Omen IV: The Awakening

Received both VS and SAE packages on the same day, so Christmas came early this year! :D

Didn't much like my first listen to Moon. Needs a fairer chance.

Just found my local will be playing this... thought I wouldn't get to see it. sounds more interesting than HBP, which I never got round to seeing.

Bought? Downloaded? (Can you actually get it in stores?)

It is a free download at the Coldplay website but they give away physical copies at their concerts. I saw them last night and got a copy.

Nice. I downloaded it when they first put it up because they're not coming near here anytime soon.

Didn't much like my first listen to Moon. Needs a fairer chance.

Just found my local will be playing this... thought I wouldn't get to see it. sounds more interesting than HBP, which I never got round to seeing.

Definitely see the film. It'll also help you appreciate the score, because it is very atmospheric.

I picked up HBP as well as used copies of Seven Years in Tibet and Pinocchio. That's my second Hooper score and 60th Williams score (huzzah!).

I received Star Trek II this week (loving it!) and ordered the following:

Pushing Daisies - TV Soundtrack

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - Videogame Soundtrack

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra - OST

Should be some fun listening at any rate!

I still need to pick up GoF to complete the set, but I'm hoping to run into it at a used CD store or something.

That's generally my mentality - I have a ton of stuff I'd buy if I saw it in a used store but is otherwise not worth trying to get hold of physically.

I am skipping non-Williams' Potters.

Ditto.

I'd been getting them, but I'll be passing on HBP.

I've recently purchased absolutely no scores, as I am rather broke. Donations will be accepted.

Money or CDs? :)

Hey guys, I need your help. :) Here's my current SAE wish list:

- Heavy Metal

- None But the Brave

- FSM: The Print Archive

- Spaceballs 19th Anniversary

- Blazing Saddles

- Star Trek (Giacchino)

- Twilight Zone

- Captan Nemo and the ... (Angela Morley)

- Under Siege

- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

- Nausicaä Symphony

- How to Steal a Million/Bachelor Flat

Since I of course don't have enough money to order all at once, I'll have to split the order into two or three orders, one each month. My question is predictable enough - which CDs do you think I should get first? :P Some of them are also limited and may sell out if I wait too long ... So please help with your advice, I'll be most thankful. Thank you in advance! :)

Because the following are limited I would grab these first:

Twilight Zone

Captan Nemo and the

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

How to Steal a Million/Bachelor Flat

I finally got around to getting some of the wonderful recordings by MONSTROUS MOVIE MUSIC:

THIS ISLAND EARTH (AND OTHER ALIEN INVASION FILMS)

MONSTROUS MOVIE MUSIC: THEM!, THE MOLE PEOPLE, IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE, IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA

MORE MONSTROUS MOVIE MUSIC: TARANTULA!, BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS, GORGO, THE MONOLITH MONSTERS

MIGHTY JOE YOUNG (AND OTHER RAY HARRYHAUSEN CLASSICS)

Man, Honey I Shrunk the Kids is still around? Didn't Natty Gann sell out in 2 weeks or something?

Some of my recent acquisitions, most of which still need to be properly listened to:

Red Dragon

Shipping News

The Frighteners

August Rush

La Resa Dei Conti

Moon

The Blue Max

Spartacus

And foot-warmer editions of: X-Men 2, Once upon a Time in the West and The Flintstones (don't suppose anyone has covers/tracknames for the 47 track version?)

But with finishing season 3 of The Wire, I've barely had time to listen to any of this.

Wouldn't that mostly be edits and repeats of the same material?

That was my first reaction, especially since I thought my GDM release was the complete score. Looking back it only says expanded, but it's approved by Morricone as the definitive edition of the score.

2.5 hours of Once Upon A Time In The West?! :o

Per IMDB, the longest version is the Italian clocking it at 175 minutes. That's 2.92 hours. A 2.5 hour score would leave room for 0.42 hours of silence, or 25.2 minutes. I don't remember that movie being scored wall-to-wall like that.

THIS ISLAND EARTH (AND OTHER ALIEN INVASION FILMS)

MONSTROUS MOVIE MUSIC: THEM!, THE MOLE PEOPLE, IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE, IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA

MORE MONSTROUS MOVIE MUSIC: TARANTULA!, BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS, GORGO, THE MONOLITH MONSTERS

MIGHTY JOE YOUNG (AND OTHER RAY HARRYHAUSEN CLASSICS)

[grail knight dude]You have chosen.....................wisely.[/grail knight dude]

:o

2.5 hours of Once Upon A Time In The West?! :)

Per IMDB, the longest version is the Italian clocking it at 175 minutes. That's 2.92 hours. A 2.5 hour score would leave room for 0.42 hours of silence, or 25.2 minutes. I don't remember that movie being scored wall-to-wall like that.

Well if you get rid of some album versions and 'concert' versions of the main theme, it clocks in at 2 hours, 8 mins. That's 47 mins of silence.