Youtube clips

KingPin

Interesting:

Also, I just made this, its an edit of the Main Titles of Superman Returns (using material provided by Trent), in the spirit of how the original album for Superman The Movie had an edit instead of the actual recording for the main title: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dHlfcRuIhn0

The Heart Chamber Orchestra is an audiovisual performance consisting of 12 classical trained musicians and the artist duo TERMINALBEACH. Using their heartbeats, the musicians control a computer composition and visualization environment. They read and play a real-time score from laptop screens placed in front of them.

http://heartchamberorchestra.org/wordpress/

Wow! Loved seeing John looking so vibrant and clearly loving it in those clips. Dreyfuss narrates, but where is it from? Is it a documentary? A homage at some ceremony?

Cymbal player thinks that Star Wars Main Title is the first encore, but really Yoda's Theme is first...

:lol:

Well that's awkward.

He'll never play in Johnny's orchestra again! :lol:

Wow that John Williams biography video was great! Wonderful to see him enjoying his conducting and performing so much, with ensembles of any size. :)

Wow! Loved seeing John looking so vibrant and clearly loving it in those clips. Dreyfuss narrates, but where is it from? Is it a documentary? A homage at some ceremony?

It's from a 1993 Evening at Pops TV special called "A Salute to John Williams". It was a special celebration for Williams' retirement as Music Director of the Boston Pops Orchestra. It features some lovely tributes from Itzhak Perlman, Leslie Bricusse, Henry Mancini, Aretha Franklin, Jessye Norman and Christopher Reeve.

It's from a 1993 Evening at Pops TV special called "A Salute to John Williams". It was a special celebration for Williams' retirement as Music Director of the Boston Pops Orchestra. It features some lovely tributes from Itzhak Perlman, Leslie Bricusse, Henry Mancini, Aretha Franklin, Jessye Norman and Christopher Reeve.

Which can all be seen here :

http://www.youtube.com/user/martyprod2#p/u/5/eQ1T9TZGOy0

This is hilarious:

What a cat! Catch! I mean catch!

^It's amazing how these probably long forgotten video cassette recordings continue to be dug out and uploaded to YouTube. I bet this particular one was found when the owner decided to throw out their large collection of taped tv programmes from twenty years ago, kept in those brown faux leather cases you used to see a lot of.

The best (and probably only really enjoyable) scene in all of The Phantom Menace just got even better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZiLK4Rkj6k

(No disrespect to John Williams, of course, but take that, Ben Burtt)

I see Lucas took a hacksaw to their efforts as well, though.

GOOSEBUMPS

Goosebumps indeed. Thank you for sharing this( and the other gems you put on Youtube)

Where in the world you find these?

It isn't my account but a good friend of mine's !

He's been obsessed with JW for years and has been collecting every JW-related DVDs and VHS' he can find :up:

He's been obsessed with JW for years and has been collecting every JW-related DVDs and VHS' he can find :up:

Yep, he has a staggering collection. Here's another really fine and rare one:

Wow... JW really demands A LOT from his brass players :)

Yep, he has a staggering collection. Here's another really fine and rare one:

Wow... JW really demands A LOT from his brass players :)

Thanks Maurizio. Awesome video! I would love to hear Summon the Heroes with that brass set up, 4 trombones and 4 trumpets playing from the balconies. Wonderful! I remember a comment from the conductor in one Williams concert I attended that his music demands quite a lot from the brass section in general, especially his heroic music, so they out of practical reason of giving the players time for a breather played something less brass heavy in the middle. And of course we applauded the brass soloists separately. :)

Here's some other footage I like...

The Pittsburgh Symphony performing the Star Wars Suite back in 1977:

Johnny and Luciano :D

Enjoy!

Thank you for posting those clips, Mark Underscore Seventy-three. Both are superb! It's nice to see a clip of a more relaxed, 'conversational' Williams chatting with big Luciano.

bowdown

Not exactly Youtube, but an excellent making of documentary of John Frankenheimer's 1966 film Grand Prix, which even now still features some of the most stunning car footage ever put on the big screen. And yes, they did shoot on the race weekends at Monaco, Spa and other now unused but legendary tracks.

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v343219hb3gsqqH/f1doc

Thank you for posting those clips, Mark Underscore Seventy-three. Both are superb! It's nice to see a clip of a more relaxed, 'conversational' Williams chatting with big Luciano.

bowdown

It's my pleasure! :thumbup:

Not exactly Youtube, but an excellent making of documentary of John Frankenheimer's 1966 film Grand Prix, which even now still features some of the most stunning car footage ever put on the big screen. And yes, they did shoot on the race weekends at Monaco, Spa and other now unused but legendary tracks.

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v343219hb3gsqqH/f1doc

forgot to mention, said documentary also features James Garner very angry at a random frenchman...or whatever you call residents of Monaco

...or whatever you call residents of Monaco

Monégasques.

:znaika:

I have a lot of respect for John Wilson and his orchestra and was pleased to see that he will be issuing a CD of the best bits of his reconstructions of the classic MGM film musicals.