Youtube clips

KingPin

Cool! I'll be watching out for this CD. And cool to see Seth MacFarlane contributing some vocals. Is that MGM Overture a new composition?

This made me laugh. My sister and I used to love taking our story LP's and playing them at a 45's setting. My favorite one to do it to was The Empire Strikes Back story album. I also loved to play Horner's Star Trek II, the Battle In the Mutara Nebula is hilarious at a faster pace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9UECtNLe_U

:lol: Hilarious. Especially because of the Alvin and the Chipmunks voices and screams.

Bad movie, but sped up to get over with twice as fast, with the joyous laughter of the Chipmunks participating? Full of win.

And now someone should do a complete KotCS sped up!

Or should they?

Yeah that's definitely the only thing stopping us...

Cool! I'll be watching out for this CD. And cool to see Seth MacFarlane contributing some vocals. Is that MGM Overture a new composition?

The MGM Jubilee Overture was actually written / arranged for the 30th anniversary of Metro Goldwyn Mayer back in 1954. I cannot remember for definite who arranged it, but I think it was probably Conrad Salinger or one of his ilk. Indeed, I have posted below a wonderful (if I say so myself) clip of Johnny Green conducting the original version back in 1954, before MGM threw out all their music in the 1960's! John Wilson has essentially reconstructed most of this music from surviving conductor scores or by ear, a phenomenal achievement. If you do get the CD, indy4, I recommend the 'luxury' version which will include a bonus DVD and looks like it will not cost much more than the regular version.

Judging by your avatar, you would have enjoyed the MGM Proms concert a couple of years ago, featuring John Wilson and his orchestra. Seth MacFarlane was one of the singers and during the encore (a performance of the song That's Entertainment) sang a couple of the lines in Stewie's voice! A DVD is available if you cannot find it on YouTube.

The MGM Jubilee Overture was actually written / arranged for the 30th anniversary of Metro Goldwyn Mayer back in 1954. I cannot remember for definite who arranged it, but I think it was probably Conrad Salinger or one of his ilk. Indeed, I have posted below a wonderful (if I say so myself) clip of Johnny Green conducting the original version back in 1954, before MGM threw out all their music in the 1960's! John Wilson has essentially reconstructed most of this music from surviving conductor scores or by ear, a phenomenal achievement. If you do get the CD, indy4, I recommend the 'luxury' version which will include a bonus DVD and looks like it will not cost much more than the regular version.

Judging by your avatar, you would have enjoyed the MGM Proms concert a couple of years ago, featuring John Wilson and his orchestra. Seth MacFarlane was one of the singers and during the encore (a performance of the song That's Entertainment) sang a couple of the lines in Stewie's voice! A DVD is available if you cannot find it on YouTube.

Thanks for all the info and the link - it sounds great! I'll watch out for the luxury version. Hopefully it'll be within my price range.

So do it! Sheesh, I don't own the DVD, don't want to take the time to do it, and certainly can think of better things to do with the bandwidth.

Geez, I don't have the time to do it, and have better things to do with the bandwidth.

Haven't seen these in this thread so far, so I'm hoping this isn't a repeat. . . .

This entire series is hilarious, but I'll stick to posting the two most relevant to this website:

If you like these, be sure to check out Einstein vs. Stephen Hawking (the funniest), and Napoleon vs. Napoleon. Hilarious.

- Scott

Not youtube, but Zacuto just posted episode 2 of their excellent Great Camera Shootout 2011 yesterday. A must watch if you are interested in the cameras used in the filmmaking industry

http://www.zacuto.com/the-great-camera-shootout-2011/episode-two

It might have been. I'm not sure.

It's ok, Elmo. I was worried that someone would have beaten me to it (JLB).

By the time I check ToplessRobot, it's usually been posted somewhere else, and then it ends up here (JLB).

It's still funny. Be nice to hear the uncensored version.

At the beginning during the opening Waaa Waaa's I was like, hey I know this, but I thought, nah, can't be. Oh wait - it is!

That was class, thanks for linking ;)

Anybody seen this? Impressive. This guy hit all the sync points! :lol:

Best thing I've seen all week. Just amazing!

I've never hear of PowerGlove before -- an American power metal band that covers classic video game themes -- but their performance of Batman is almost legendary. Can't say I'm as interested in the video itself, but fortunately the video didn't ruin the song with sound effects.

Thank you for posting the Angela's Ashes clips. Absolutely beautiful. And to see Williams on piano and Yo-Yo Ma on cello performing together. Just wonderful! :)

I am actually watching the Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra right now. :)

Personally I hope the the Beeb never changes their current news music. It is a 'done' deal now.

Another great one is Al Jazeera English. I hear this a lot (understandably) when in the middle east.

Below is one variation that includes that mellow chord change at 0:14 I love, as the visuals continue to glide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sck1R7T4GVE

And from 0:11 onwards on the video below is a beautiful graceful merging of music and visuals.