The Fellowship Theme represents the spirit of camaraderie in the Fellowship and its ultimate goal, not just its members. Since the Fellowship had not been conceived yet, there's no reason for it to show up in the Hobbit.

Yet it shows up in the prologue, which takes place thousands of years before The Hobbit

I thought so. Thanks Doug.

Ditto.

My point was that it would be odd to assign this specific theme to just anyone opposing Sauron. Even though it might encompass the whole Army of the West at the Black Gate it is still rising from the members of the Fellowship and their efforts.

‘A day after saying goodbye to Gandalf and Tauriel, it was time to farewell Legolas. What a great day it was, with Orlando battling a serious Orc for all 12 hours of shooting – part of the Battle of the 5 Armies for the third Hobbit movie.’

LOL

Well that was mostly pretty neat. That last image of the Lake-Town looked especially great. :)

Why no Shore music? I guess they must have felt they exhausted the LOTR and Hobbit scores for the last vlogs (I believe the vlogs on the Blu-ray were re-scored with Hobbit music IIRC)

Yes, Hobbit production diaries 1-9 had all their original music dropped and replaced by music tracked in from AUJ's score for the Blu Ray versions

Some of those sets look quite impressive. But they'll all probably look very CG in the final film.

Awww yeah! Dragon riding Elves! Übercool!

I bet it is a gigantic Bunny of Doom!

YES!

And if the CGI ponies from the first movie are anything to go by, whatever they're riding is going to look terribly fake!

Hmm. Didn't we agree Tauriel was a bunny of Doom? Explains what she was doing in that scene.

Those bunnies are full of surprises and mysteries. They can even contradict themselves and their rules if they want to.

• 2 weeks later...

I will say that despite the problems I had with the first film and what I've seen of the second, there is no denying for me that Martin Freeman was absolutely perfect as Bilbo Baggins, his performance is really fun to watch.

Martin Freeman is indeed one of the best things in the Hobbit movie and he seems to navigate both the drama and the humor with wonderful ease in his role as Bilbo.

Just like Ian Holm is the old Bilbo. I accepted him in the role without a second thought and it went almost as smoothly with Freeman. He had to prove that he could be as convincing as Ian though but that happened very quickly at the start of the film.