The Adventures of Tintin MOVIE Anticipation thread (News, Interviews, Images, Posters, etc)

TownerFan

True, true. Shore probably did as good as most anyone could have.

You know what? I might not have a great love for this music, but there is something about it that sets it apart from most scores today: it sounds like someone. Not MV/RC or JW ripoff. It doesn't really copy anything. It's Howard Shore. Because of this one thing I have tremendous respect for this work.

Which doesn't mean I have to listen to it on my knees...

Karol - who enjoys Shore's smaller works better (The Aviator and The Fly in particular).

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, true. Shore probably did as good as most anyone could have.

You know what? I might not have a great love for this music, but there is something about it that sets it apart from most scores today: it sounds like someone. Not MV/RC or JW ripoff. It doesn't really copy anything. It's Howard Shore. Because of this one thing I have tremendous respect for this work.

Which doesn't mean I have to listen to it on my knees...

True, true. The armchair works just as well.

This is a lot less surprising than it really ought to be. I think Universal are well informed and have made the best decision for their shareholders. Tintin is a HUGE risk, especially in the current economic climate. I wouldn't be surprised if the project was shelved altogether and the development costs written off. I for one am not exactly gutted at the prospect of the trilogy not happening.

he was on a deadline.

I tend to think shore was privileged deadline wise in the LOTR movies.

Footage available way before the movie is releases, and time to rescore the expanded editions.

He had much time, and he did not do many other projects in those years.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

A paper here noted that an actor named Mark Ivanir has been cast in a small role as well (He's an Israeli actor, who's had small parts in Schindler's List and The Terminal, as well as The Good Shepherd and tiny a part in Get Smart). Not terribly interesting, however it does seem to imply that the production is gearing up. I'm amazed at how little concrete info there is about what Spielberg is actually directing next.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently, John Williams is going to score Spielberg's "Tintin". A poster of plamountain.net said this:

"When I met him this year, I asked him if he was going to score "Tintin" and he told me that he would really like to and that Spielberg had already shown him some test footage. I would actually be more surprised if he didn't score Spielberg's entry in this."

Posted by whtsharky2k here: http://playmountain.net/forum/index.php?PH...mp;topic=1365.0

I really hope de does.

If he is going to score it, what would you think the main theme would sound like? Something in the style of "Raiders March", combined with "Back to the Future Theme" and "The Tale of Viktor Navorsky" would be really awesome. Williams needs to compose a new heroic theme!

According to ComingSoon.net, principal photography of the first installment of Tintin starts this week.

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn is directed by Steven Spielberg, starring Jamie Bell as Tintin and Daniel Craig as Red Rackham. Other cast members include Andy Serkis, Toby Jones, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

The film will be released in 2011. Start counting the days for this next Williams score, fellows... even though probably we'll get Lincoln sooner than this one.

Who is Andy Serkins playing? Snowy?

-Tom, who somehow feels the need to reaffirm his life-long love for Tintin's stories everytime this movie gets mentioned Weird.

Probably a piece of useless trivia, but isn't Daniel Craig only the third actor, after Richard Dreyfuss and Tom Hanks that Spielberg has used more than one?

Probably a piece of useless trivia, but isn't Daniel Craig only the third actor, after Richard Dreyfuss and Tom Hanks that Spielberg has used more than one?

No, you forget Geno Silva and Harrison Ford.

Geno%20Silva%20_dvd_%20001_0001.gif

If he is going to score it, what would you think the main theme would sound like? Something in the style of "Raiders March", combined with "Back to the Future Theme" and "The Tale of Viktor Navorsky" would be really awesome. Williams needs to compose a new heroic theme!

I'd rather he forge a new style than do a pastiche of old ones.

Well we never had gotten confirmation that Williams was scoring this animated film.

Though it could be a lie, test footage? Ummm unless it from Cameron's Avatar i dont know what to think...

If Spielberg directs, Williams will score.

You never know, presuming this happens, Williams could return somewhat to his Catch Me If You Can sound; you know, instead of a typical rousing fanfare, explore that sinister, mysterious jazzy sound, maybe with a flute/piccolo lead melody sort of emulating Tintin's whistling or something, none of that trumpet/horn bombast.

Well we never had gotten confirmation that Williams was scoring this animated film.

Though it could be a lie, test footage? Ummm unless it from Cameron's Avatar i dont know what to think...

If Spielberg directs, Williams will score.

Williams is immortal! Yeehaa ;)

:(

Dear Lord,

Please let Tintin be the IP which makes Williams find his blockbuster score mojo again. Please let it be his worthy swansong, let him go out in a blaze of orchestral boom-tish glory.

Amen.