The OFFICIAL The Dark Knight thread

Beowulf

In 20 years, Nolan will digitally create a new scene for TDK, in which Maroni actually tries to push Batman off the fire escape first, so as to not make Batman seem too mean. And Nolan will say, "Back in 2007-2008, I didn't have the technology to make my true vision come to life. I'm so glad that now we can finally make the Batman films I wanted to make."

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget that Nolan plans to revisit Begins and Knight 20 years from now to insert digital glowing nipples and a wacky sidekick who stumbles all over himself. After all, his Batman movies were always for the kids, he claims.

I wouldn't be worried about that, unless Nolan jumps ship and the next one is given to a different director.

I hear Joel Schumacher isn't that busy......

Wow. Two times was enough for me....

I guess all the home theater HD-whatever technology can't compare with seeing it with a group of random people on the big screen. Every viewing is different that way. Of all addictions in the world this one is probably not all that harmful. :)

Karol - watching now Vertigo (the nth time) and loving it :eek2:

In 30 years Nolan will go back and make a spin off that takes place between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight with CGI animation. David Newman will be composing.

And of course, the Newman thing is only necessarily a bad thing if you're Koray.

-Ben, who wouldn't have Newman in his top three choices to score these movies, nonetheless.

In 30 years Nolan will go back and make a spin off that takes place between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight with CGI animation.

Kind of like Batman: Gotham Knight, huh?

D'oh!

I knew about that, although I did not know it had any relation to Nolan's Batman.

Galaxy Quest and Serenity at least are fine scores, thank you very much.

Haven't heard Serenity, but I love Galaxy Quest, and The Sandlot is another great one.

Personally, I thought Serenity was a dreadfully boring score. The film would have been much better served with Greg Edmonson taking his place. The original choice was Carter Burwell; I don't think he'd have worked out much better than Newman did.

However, I've got fond memories of Newman's score for The Phantom, so I've got nothing against him. He did some good work on Anastasia, also.

Personally, I thought Serenity was a dreadfully boring score. The film would have been much better served with Greg Edmonson taking his place. The original choice was Carter Burwell; I don't think he'd have worked out much better than Newman did.

It's a very strange score for me. I often have a tough time listening to it on CD, yet when I hear it in the film I think it's great. Edmonson would have been nice, he did a fine job on Firefly, and as I've mentioned before I'm always hoping for a Joss/Christophe Beck reunion, which I was thinking about before Newman got the job.

You know, I was listening to The Miami Convention, 1968 from Nixon today...and it really struck me...something like that would have been a kick-ass theme for Harvey Dent.

Just listen to it, it has the perfect makings of a Harvey Dent theme, a nice balance of nobleness, foreboding, and brooding.

His films are good enough that they don't really need much musical support. Still, it would have been nice to hear David Shire or Elliot Goldenthal or even modern Elfman in either of these. These composers could bring another layer to the already rich concept. And it still would have been a real music.

Too bad :blink:

Karol

His films are good enough that they don't really need much musical support.

I agree with that. Everything else is exceptional, so in a way the score can afford to just be functional (instead of outstanding). Course it would be better if the scores in his movies were great as well, but it doesn't exactly hurt them in my opinion.

I skipped the last few pages with the wondering about Dent being dead.

In the script he falls off and his neck is broken, which is said and not insinuated.

He's dead.

dentdiescl5.jpg

Still, I'm willing to view the final movie as ambiguous concerning Two-Face's death, although most signs point to death.

Agreed. That seems pretty solid, but things can change from script to screen, and with the way it came out in the film, it isn't straightforward about it.

And in the novel to Jurassic Park, Ian Malcolm is clearly dead. They remark before leaving the island that the Costa Rican government won't let them bury Hammond, Malcolm, and Wu. A bunch of scientists would not want to bury someone who's still alive.

Yet Malcolm returns for the sequel, thanks to some very good doctors. Or a revisionist author who needs to work himself out of a corner, and writes a cheat.

So if they want to bring Dent back for Batman Reboot 3, they can. Call it a cheat, it doesn't matter.

The point is they shot the film with his death in mind.

Now that it can be worked out to make him alive in the next movie is another matter. But untill that happens he is officially dead.

And in the novel to Jurassic Park, Ian Malcolm is clearly dead. They remark before leaving the island that the Costa Rican government won't let them bury Hammond, Malcolm, and Wu. A bunch of scientists would not want to bury someone who's still alive.

Yet Malcolm returns for the sequel, thanks to some very good doctors. Or a revisionist author who needs to work himself out of a corner, and writes a cheat.

So if they want to bring Dent back for Batman Reboot 3, they can. Call it a cheat, it doesn't matter.

but Ian didn't die in the movie so thats irrelevant. The Lost World was a sequel to the movie more than his novel.

but Ian didn't die in the movie so thats irrelevant. The Lost World was a sequel to the movie more than his novel.

Nope since he explained why Malcom was alive. And hammond was dead too.

If I'm not mistaken The Lost World was written for the purpose of turning it into a movie so Crichton had to bring Malcom back to life since Grant wouldn't be the center of the film.

In the book (Jurassic Park) it's very obvious Hammond dies, Malcom's death is a bit more subtle so his coming back is a bit more believable in the 2nd book.

But Joe is correct, in the film they both live so there's no continuity problem.

Jaws is the same way, in the book Hooper dies, in the film he lives so it doesn't matter that there is a reference to his character in Jaws 2 when Brody tries to call him.

If I'm not mistaken The Lost World was written for the purpose of turning it into a movie so Crichton had to bring Malcom back to life since Grant wouldn't be the center of the film.

In the book (Jurassic Park) it's very obvious Hammond dies, Malcom's death is a bit more subtle so his coming back is a bit more believable in the 2nd book.

Yes, Spielberg begged Crichton to write TLW. But why Alan Grant was not going to appear? Being the paleontologist it makes much more sense. Malcom is clearly Crichton's favourite character from JP, that's why he is the main character on the story.

I mean, I dont think Spielberg said 'I wan Malcom to be the center of TLW, so resuscitate him'.

I think the reason Malcom is the main character was because Sam Neil didn't want to return as Alan Grant.

I'm not a 100% sure but I think that might be one of the reasons.