Star Wars - The Clone Wars

Joe Brausam

Dude that X over george's head is hysterical. BTW I consider myself a huge star wars fan and I've yet to see clone wars.

yes please luke put that red x away.. besides. The George in that painting is the george of what 16/20 years ago.. You are not angry at THIS george.. this george hasn't even done something called Prequels yet!

Let the X go

Face it you hate the present George not the past George.. ! With that red mark in that picture you confess that you hate the man who created Star Wars IV-VI

An interview with Kiner from the latest FSM Online:
George would bring me CDs that his kids were listening to, and he'd say, "Can we incorporate some of this into the score?"

:lol:

...Oh dear. Thank God Lucas doesn't exercise any control over the video games.

Dude that X over george's head is hysterical. BTW I consider myself a huge star wars fan and I've yet to see clone wars.

yes please luke put that red x away.. besides. The George in that painting is the george of what 16/20 years ago.. You are not angry at THIS george.. this george hasn't even done something called Prequels yet!

Let the X go

Face it you hate the present George not the past George.. ! With that red mark in that picture you confess that you hate the man who created Star Wars IV-VI

I can´t believe my eyes! :(

Fixed. :lol:

Let the X go

I can believe my eyes! :lol:

Star Wars has ended 25 years ago.. everything else was just a nice/ or not so nice addition.

George can do whatever he wants, he won't destroy the joy I have when watching the original Trilogy also George Lucas is the reason that Johnny wrote some of his greatest scores.. and I am forever thankfull for that...

Be the one you pretend to be: luke Skywalker!!!.. don't fall to hatred, or sadness.. the path to the darkside they are.. don't you remember!?!?!?!?

George would bring me CDs that his kids were listening to, and he'd say, "Can we incorporate some of this into the score?"

The man is just ... insane. I don't even have a word for it, this guy is in its own league of stupidity.

Now I know why he didn't want a prolific composer to pester him with his own ideas ...

Does Lucas have a daughter around the age of 20? Let me date her for a month and I'll make every Star Wars film score dream come true.

An interview with Kiner from the latest FSM Online:

:P

...Oh dear. Thank God Lucas doesn't exercise any control over the video games.

That expains why The Clone Wars score sounds like poo.

I would imagine when he asked Williams the same thing he was probably told to go mmmkay himself. ;)

For what it's worth, Kiner also mentioned in the interview that the Force theme is used twice in the movie. Maybe there's some unreleased music that makes more respectable use of Williams's themes. He also says, "for some reason, somebody outlawed woodwinds about seven years ago or something. Now all we can do is slashing, staccato strings," which I like. :P

"for some reason, somebody outlawed woodwinds about seven years ago or something. Now all we can do is slashing, staccato strings," which I like. :)

mmm Has buckheimer gone too far???

Aha! Finally!

For what it's worth, Kiner also mentioned in the interview that the Force theme is used twice in the movie. Maybe there's some unreleased music that makes more respectable use of Williams's themes. He also says, "for some reason, somebody outlawed woodwinds about seven years ago or something. Now all we can do is slashing, staccato strings," which I like. :)

There is unreleasedmusic. The statement of the Force them that we recieved is for the film's finale, however we here it at about the midpoint of the film also. That statement is hardly different though, it is basically orchestrated the same way, but it goes off into a different direction at the end, musically.

Yes! And I liked it! :rolleyes:

It's funny, many remarks have been made about the limited use of Williams themes, and I had a thought. I know this in the theaters, but essentially, this is the pilot episode of a TV series. Lucas had another TV series quite awhile ago...The Young Indiana Jones. NONE of Williams themes from the films were used in that (that I can remember). Is that a problem? And themes were limited in the Clone Wars cartoons...which was synth (except for the first episode, which was tracked). I know the Trade Federation march was used and sporatic use of other themes. Problem with that?

And, I have a question. I would like to confirm my suspicion that the new Clone War series takes place in between the Clone Wars vol. 1 & Clone Wars vol. 2 cartoons?

Jamesyboy

It's funny, many remarks have been made about the limited use of Williams themes, and I had a thought. I know this in the theaters, but essentially, this is the pilot episode of a TV series. Lucas had another TV series quite awhile ago...The Young Indiana Jones. NONE of Williams themes from the films were used in that (that I can remember). Is that a problem?

Well, yeah, actually. A few Raiders March cameos would have been really nice. Aside from the episode with Harrison Ford.

And, I have a question. I would like to confirm my suspicion that the new Clone War series takes place in between the Clone Wars vol. 1 & Clone Wars vol. 2 cartoons?

That was the impression I got. I wonder how the new series will end, seeing as how the logical ending place -- Palpatine's abduction by Grievous -- has already been done.

That was the impression I got. I wonder how the new series will end, seeing as how the logical ending place -- Palpatine's abduction by Grievous -- has already been done.

I suppose and i hope that Palpatines abduction will be re-done (and will match the movie more, since they have all the material from the movie now). Its a very important thing and if they expand the space battle thing it coul be near film quality, that would be very cool.

It's funny, many remarks have been made about the limited use of Williams themes, and I had a thought. I know this in the theaters, but essentially, this is the pilot episode of a TV series. Lucas had another TV series quite awhile ago...The Young Indiana Jones. NONE of Williams themes from the films were used in that (that I can remember). Is that a problem?

Well, yeah, actually. A few Raiders March cameos would have been really nice. Aside from the episode with Harrison Ford.

When i saw the series for the 1st time as a kid, i lost some interest as the main titles had no resemblance to the cool indiana jones theme.

Yes! And I liked it! :rolleyes:

Jamesyboy

It wasn't a problem for me because I never bothered to watch the Young Indiana Jones TV series. The films were enough.

Jamesyboy

I believe so, yes. Anakin is no longer a padawan in this one. BTW, I liked it too! If you like the Star Wars universe and characters, it's a lighthearted and familiar romp witha few surprises thrown in. Actually thought the action was very well done, too.

I really don't care anything about seeing this, and that's a bit sad. I never thought I'd not want to see a theatrically released Star Wars film.

Jamesyboy

Takes place between the first and second episodes of volume 2.

what bothers me is there are people here who think this is a good thing

I really don't care anything about seeing this, and that's a bit sad. I never thought I'd not want to see a theatrically released Star Wars film.

Same here. Sad, very sad.

It continues to amaze me that in these times, people really have the time and nerve to follow and figure out the exact chronology of and between each episode of any Star Wars story released ever.

And yet you have the time and the nerve to criticize them. I'm not sure that says anything good about you.

I'll never be able to see that scene again without thinking about Robot Chicken.

"I love your hair! Where do you get it done?"

Don't we all have a friend that always seems to get us into trouble.

Jamesyboy

If no one gets a kick out of that video, this one os guaranteed too. This cracks me up every time I see it, it's another school project my brother did. The guy in the video improvised everything and they made up subtitles to fit the actions, brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPKXNkuvBbA

Speaking of Robot Chicken there will be a second Star Wars show in November. Billy Dee Williams and Carrie Fisher have signed on to voice their characters.

I know I wouldn't want to see an animated Star Wars film.

Speaking of Robot Chicken there will be a second Star Wars show in November. Billy Dee Williams and Carrie Fisher have signed on to voice their characters.

I'm more excited about the next Family Guy one. :D

I felt like the Family Guy episode was a huge miss. Danny Elfman's head chopped off, Cleveland/R2-D2 being a racist stereotype... Not sure about all that. Robot Chicken was pretty good though.

Family Guy had some dead spots, R2, the pot jokes and the ultra-randy gay Obi-Wan, but the best parts of it were just brilliant. The Elfman thing would've worked better if it was Zimmer. :D

Yes there's lots of unfunny stuff like that in Family Guy as a whole, but I thought the couch bit was hilarious. The Star Wars ep is by far my favorite bit of Family Guy, the regular show is very hot and cold.

Well, I liked the couch stuff a lot.

I was in stitches. Really made fun of the Stormtroopers' aim well, and made for an absurd telling of a timeless moment. LOL

Ooooooook.

The beggining doesnt have a classic title crawl but at least it has the 'A long time ago...' and the star wars logo going far...

The music is still meh, but in the film its only a little cringing when the electric stuff appears.

As far as CGI quality goes, the best TV CGI series of all times, as expected.

The dubbing killed me. Its better that english since all voice actors are from the films. BUT, and this is going to make many spanish people critisize the movie thinking it was another crappy lucas idea: They have translated Huttlet as 'Huttito' (Hutty), which goes is more or less fine the 1st time it appears as Ashoka says it. (she also calls with a diminutive for artoo and other things). But then Anakin says it, ok maybe he is trying to be nice to ashoka.. but then Obi wan... and then hearing Count dooku say it is unbearable.

Ooooooook.

The beggining doesnt have a classic title crawl but at least it has the 'A long time ago...' and the star wars logo going far...

The music is still meh, but in the film its only a little cringing when the electric stuff appears.

As far as CGI quality goes, the best TV CGI series of all times, as expected.

The dubbing killed me. Its better that english since all voice actors are from the films. BUT, and this is going to make many spanish people critisize the movie thinking it was another crappy lucas idea: They have translated Huttlet as 'Huttito' (Hutty), which goes is more or less fine the 1st time it appears as Ashoka says it. (she also calls with a diminutive for artoo and other things). But then Anakin says it, ok maybe he is trying to be nice to ashoka.. but then Obi wan... and then hearing Count dooku say it is unbearable.

How did they translate "skyguy"?

Jar Jar.

Adding salt to the wound?! The stupid slang in Clone Wars actually didn't bug me, since I wasn't expecting it to be anything like the movies. Had good battles.

I saw it .

It wasn't that bad . It felt like watching a 2 hour Saturday morning cartoon with good animation. I think that's what they wanted it to be

Of course nostalgic AICN type fanboys will hate it with a passion, that is to be expected . Just like hating whatever movie Shia Labeouf stars in.