Which 3 JW scores do you dislike most?

Now, I understand there are many levels of dislike. You might dislike a score most relative to something else, or you might not really like a score but feel that it has its saving graces. Or you might just hate the guts out of it. So the question is, which 3 Williams scores you own do you dislike enough to trade them in for the following 3 albums...

1. Millennium by Backstreet Boys

bsbmilleniumyc7.jpg

2. Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John

516BZ8AFG5L._SL500_.jpg

3. Spaced Out - The Very Best of William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy

s70800.jpg

Its time to confess!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Goldfarb, Please Come Home, nothing, and nothing.

Ah, I'm full of s--t: I wouldn't trade even Goldfarb. Because then I'd just have to buy it again so I'd still have it. I listen to it every time I go through my Williams collection, dilligently, humbly; and I'm always happy for it to end.

I wouldn't trade any for those. But these are my least favorite JW CDs:

1. War of the Worlds

2. Midway

3. Sabrina

But all of these soundtracks have at least a couple tracks I enjoy.

Oh, and BTW, I have that Spaced Out CD. I don't know what Shatner was thinking, because I don't think he ever sing in the album. Nimoy isn't that bad. I'm a huge fan of his version of "Both Sides Now," "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins," and "Highly Illogical."

I prefer Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboys to

Always, Hook, Spr, Terminal, and Munich.

I prefer Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboys to

Always, Hook, Spr, Terminal, and Munich.

How about Attack of the Clones? ;)

I don't own ATOC anymore

Koray Likes zimmer's crapola but doesn't like the River.... thats a terrific score.

Ah, come on! How could you guys hate The Poseidon Adventure?

It isn't one of my favorites, but that's hardly saying anything negative. I think I prefer it to The Towering Inferno, in fact; it's really pretty darn good.

However, I've learned that on this board, there is no JW score great enough that there isn't going to be somebody to speak out against it.

And I like The River a lot, too, but oddly, it seems to be one of his scores that gets the least attention. I think this is the first time I've even seen it mentioned here.

However, I've learned that on this board, there is no JW score great enough that there isn't going to be somebody to speak out against it.

Yup. And it works the other way, too.

Yup. And it works the other way, too.

I dunno . . . I haven't seen any pro-Goldfarbers out there yet, thankfully.

There'll probably be somebody...

Anyways, why is that score so bad (I don't own it)?

Oh, it's not that bad, I just enjoy picking on it for some reason. The score itself is decent in places, but the title song is just so awful . . . Oh no, I think it's stuck in my head now.

Were it not for "Hymn to the Fallen," Saving Private Ryan would definetly be in my list.

But you can get Hymn to the Fallen on the Greatest Hits disc. :)

Are you kidding? It doesn't matter how little I like the soundtrack, I would rather any movie score, JW or otherwise, than those three albums you listed. You would have to pay me to keep the first two and not destroy them.

Were it not for "Hymn to the Fallen," Saving Private Ryan would definetly be in my list.

I know, it's so boring, right?? A score like The Patriot would have been much more effective in the film!

I wouldn' trade any, but I could live without War of the Worlds, Always and Missouri Breaks.

--- Chris, who doesn't know most of JW's early works and several 70s ones to form an opinion about them.

Are you kidding? It doesn't matter how little I like the soundtrack, I would rather any movie score, JW or otherwise, than those three albums you listed. You would have to pay me to keep the first two and not destroy them.

whoa, I can sense the utter disdain you have towards non-film music. :):)

Fitzwilly, Sleepers and Stepmom.

Sleepers and Stepmom are a damn fine pieces of music... :rolleyes:

Stepmom always gets a drubbing around here, perhaps because it's the latest (and perhaps final) "minor" work in Williams's canon. But in the context of my collection I find it indispensable. Sleepers and Fitzwilly are good, too, but I don't listen to them often.

I don't get the hatred for Stepmom in a word its lovely.

I don't get the hatred for Stepmom in a word its lovely.

There was a time when I'd've been mightily curious about what Patrick Doyle could've done with the picture, but in light of his 21st century output -- even his relatively strong Potter score was a disappointment -- I think I'm satisfied enough with the way things turned out (even if Doyle's not). Hearing "The Days Between" for the first time on Williams's Greatest Hits album was a revelation -- and it joins "The Early Days/Massapequa 1957" (Born on the Fourth of July) and "Where Dreams Are Born" (A.I.) as the three JW cues so far that have absolutely floored me with their beauty upon the first listen.

Sleepers and Stepmom are a damn fine pieces of music... :)

Well, I guess our tastes differ slightly despite being JW fan(atic)s. :P <_<

Sleepers and Stepmom are damn fine pieces of music... :o

Well, I guess our tastes differ slightly despite being JW fan(atic)s. ;):D

Indeed they do :)

I know, it's so boring, right?? A score like The Patriot would have been much more effective in the film!

Just because a score works well in the film doesn't make the CD any more interesting. SPR is a pretty dull CD, much like The Patriot in fact.

Easy enough answer to this one

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

and.....