The 'Essential Discography'

Jim Ware

How many 'Essential Discography' titles do you own?  

34 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1-10
    • 10-20
    • 20-30
    • 30-40
    • 40-48

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the c.d.'s pictured except CoS of course.

+

the all post 1970 "N.E." ones including various bootlegs or cdr copies of them.Only post 1970 release I don't have an official copy but a cdr is Accidental Tourist(and i WONT pay 100+$ for it on e-bay.)

Only thing i am missing are a few of 60's comedy scores FSM dished out(Guide to Married Man,John Golfarb),they are too expensive for the music they contain...I also yet have to order Man who Loves Cat Dancing(though I have the boot and not too fond of the music).Also less interested and don't really want really early stuff like Kraft Suspence Theater and those other obscure early works(the ones Crusher still obsess on.)

K.M.Still hoping for a surprise release of "Family Plot" ROTFLMAO

K.K.M.Who never bothered to listen to his cdr boot of "Diamond Head"and "not with my wife you don't "

37 now, I did have 43 but some never returned from people, including Witches of Eastwick, Towering Inferno and Far and Away!!!!! I don't think I'm ever seeing them again and they were originals.

I feel pretty lame only having 9 of them.

Still, I'm only 16, and my job doesn't really cater for my mass purchase of multiple CDs. I'm building up my collection slowly, but I do prefer action scores more than mellow ones.

I have all the Star Wars, E.T , and a few recent scores (HP, MR). If I could only buy ione, what do you think I should buy next? Superman? An Indiana Jones one?

All but

Williams on Williams: The Classic Spielberg Scores

(1995)

and

The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration

(1990)

Which don't have anything of value on them anyway.

All but

(1995)

and

(1990)

Only someone who's never heard those CDs can speak like that.

WRONG!!

They're recordings of concert adaptions, not selections from the OSTs. The Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra recording for example is amazing, better than the OST.

I have 40, two of them being CDRs (TOD & Witches). I'll get HPCOS of course, and I'll have the latest E.T. when I get the DVDs (only have the two older discs so far).

:banghead: Goldsmith conducts Goldsmith

Most of them?

Not the Always theme. :banghead::)

Neither the slower Jim's New Life, the different Exsultate Justi, nor the concert version of the Banquet.

scissorhands - whose favorite, #1 CD is Spielberg/Williams collaboration.

So far I'm the one that owns less cd's.

Let me try to solve your problem... :banghead:

Don't bother, Miguel. With the exception of out of pirnt cd's, I plan to buy all those that I still miss.

I believe that I am below Merkel. I only have 17 of the essentials. I only have so much money to use towards cds.

Slowly but surely I'll catch up.

Yeah, Greatest Hits has most of those.  :)

Ok, didn't think about that. I'd rather call the Greatest Hits thingy unneccessary then though, since THAT is the album which doesn't have any new stuff. I'm generally not very fond of compilations anyway, except as teasers. I don't consider the Greatest Hits album essential at all for that reason, and I neither have it nor do I have any intentions to buy it. :)

Marian - whose 3rd CD was Spielberg/Williams Collaboration (after the Skywalker Symphony album and a Wagner compilation).

:banghead: Christus Apollo (Jerry Goldsmith)

I have 36, several of those are nonessentail to me. No yoyo, tree song,

ROTJ symphonic suite(have it on record though), american journey, amazing stories, witches of eastwick(again on record) and sevenlongboringyearsintibet.

I have other Joe essentials, Earthquake, Poseidon Adventure, original TPM, Star Wars anthology, and Lost in Space cds.

Joe, who isn't a completist..

41 plus selfmade Indy2 comlete, AOTC Extended and Yes Giorgio.

What do you mean: apart from Ricard's essentials list you have only those three scores; or that they are also essential?

BTW, you have AOTC extended and Yes, Giorgio???? :wow: :wow: :wow:

41 plus selfmade Indy2 comlete, AOTC Extended and Yes Giorgio.

Indy 2 complete?Did I miss something over the past 17 years or so?

K.M.Who has an Indy 3 complete boot but never heard of a TOD one.

Anyways, TPM OST Should be there. ROJ and ESB have re-recordings not by Williams!

True!!!! TPM concert arrangements are excellent!!!

And where are E.T and (above all) JAWS concert version soundtracks???????? They are, undoubtedly, better than those two Gerhardt CDs.

scissorhands - who won't stop till Always and Sleepers are included in that "Essential Discography"

The only ones I don't have are both Gerhardt cds, the McNeely Re-recording of Jaws and the new Harry Potter score.

So if there is 48 Cds, I have 44 of them.

And where are E.T and (above all) JAWS concert version soundtracks???????? They are, undoubtedly, better than those two Gerhardt CDs.

I agree.

but not about Always and Sleepers.

K.M.Offended by Ocelot's avatar,but freaked out by Jim Ware's.

The only ones I don't have are both Gerhardt cds, the McNeely Re-recording of Jaws and the new Harry Potter score.

I don't have McNeely's Jaws (yet), but you should really get the Gerhardt discs, they're indeed essential (except ESB, it's a mixed bag).

Marian - who was introduced to JW by the first Gehardt Williams album.

I don't have McNeely's Jaws (yet).

Marian - who was introduced to JW by the first Gehardt Williams album.

Get it.IMO it's better than the Decca 25th aniversary release(same contents unless I'm wrong a bit.)

Most of them?

Not the Always theme.  :)  :)  

Neither the slower Jim's New Life, the different Exsultate Justi, nor the concert version of the Banquet.

scissorhands - whose favorite, #1 CD is Spielberg/Williams collaboration.

I'm not gonna get 2 releases just for those. :)

Ok, didn't think about that. I'd rather call the Greatest Hits thingy unneccessary then though, since THAT is the album which doesn't have any new stuff.

It's more economic though, it's only 1 release. :)

Got me scared.Anyways,doesn't make much diffrence than listening to the movie itself WITH dialogue.

Easier than fast forwarding through a VHS tape. :)

And note, The jaws re-recording is definately worth having, but it's not as good as the original. :)

It has nothing that you can't get on Greatest Hits or the OST's.

Then the proper sentence should be "they don't have anything of value for me because I already have the Greatest Hits 2CD", which would still be very debatable, but at least it wouldn't be a complete stupidity as your first statement was.

All but

(1995)

and

(1990)

I think this is Morn's most totally plain stupid comment to date and he should NOT EVEN be considered a Williams fan at all.

K.M.

I'm only lacking:

the new Harry Potter (I will not listen until I see the movie)

Greatest Hits (don't need)

Witches (I have the DVD)

ROTJ (symp. suite)

ET SE (will be getting the 3-DVD set soon)

expanded Fury (have the original CD)

Jaws re-recording (is it worth it if I have both of the original rec?)

the new Harry Potter (I will not listen until I see the movie)

good man. you did what i could not.

Ted, who feels guilty for listening to it and though he didn't listen all that much wished he had waited to see the movie first. :mrgreen: