Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe in the no-win scenario.

Oh, and why don't you just give your copy to KM, Joey? He won't get his until Christmas Day at this rate, and he can send it to you.

For those that are interested, updated pitch corrections.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

1. In The Jungle --- - 8.7 cents

2. The Idol Temple --- - 8.1 cents

3. Escape From The Temple --- - 4.1 cents

4. Flight From Peru --- - 6.2 cents

5. Journey To Nepal --- - 10.9 cents

6. The Medallion --- - 3.7 cents

7. Flight To Cairo --- - 2.1

The Map Room: Dawn --- - 27 cents

Desert Chase --- 0:00 - 2:08 --- - 1.8 cents

Desert Chase --- 2:08 - 5:33 --- - 4.9 cents

Desert Chase --- 5:33 - end --- - 14 cents

Temple of Doom

Short Round Helps --- + 7.5 cents

Return To The Village --- + 11.1 cents

End Credits --- - 7.7 cents

For those that are interested, updated pitch corrections.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

1. Main Title: South America, 1936 --- - 8.7 cents

4. Flight from Peru --- - 6.2 cents

5. Journey To Nepal --- - 10.9 cents

6. The Medallion --- - 3.7 cents

7. To Cairo --- - 2.1

The Map Room: Dawn --- - 27 cents

Desert Chase --- 0:00 - 2:08 --- - 1.8 cents

Desert Chase --- 2:08 - 5:33 --- - 4.9 cents

Desert Chase --- 5:33 - end --- - 14 cents

Temple of Doom

Short Round Helps --- + 7.5 cents

Return To The Villiage --- + 11.1 cents

End Credits --- - 7.7 cents

Short Round Helps is made up of 2 separate cues combined in one track... the split is at 1:15. Are you sure both cues have the exact same speed problems, even though in "Desert Chase" the individual cues each have separate speed problems?

Same thing with A Thought For Marion / To Nepal (the split is at 0:48)

Oops! Thanks for catching that Jason. I had cut and pasted that from an old list. You are correct about Short Round Helps. I listed it back in the thread somewhere.

Short Round Helps --- 0:00 - 1:15 + 7.5 cents

As for Journey To Nepal, I set that against the DCC cue to get the pitch to match, but I'll recheck to see if I made any mistakes. Thanks again.

EDIT: A Thought For Marion is indeed out of tune as well. The original number is correct. Can you let me know which other tracks are constructed this way, so I can check each section?

Which gives us hope this same mysterious source might leak missing TOD and TLC music someday

May God read your words...

please no religous discussions..

Allright then... may any superior being read your words, Jason...

when you wait for something in the mail and it doesn't come...after a while you lose the anticipation of getting it and just hope it's not lost and want to get it over with.

when you wait for something in the mail and it doesn't come...after a while you lose the anticipation of getting it and just hope it's not lost and want to get it over with.

I know what you mean. Hope the Canadian postal service is better than the USPS (which lost two packages for me this year!)

I too know what you mean by that...

Edit: paleo, weird that USPS has lost two of your packages. I guess I'm lucky, they have yet to loose one of my packages.

The worst experience I've had with the mail was my Cutthroat Island 2 CD set, which arrived about a month after I ordered it.

Adding insult to injury, I was stupid enough to buy it for 50 dollars on Amazon when it was available on Varese Sarabande's website for half that.

I feel for you, KM.

Still no set?! MUAHAHAHA ;)

Careful about other people's misfortunes Koray. After all karma can be a bitch.

I too know what you mean by that...

Edit: paleo, weird that USPS has lost two of your packages. I guess I'm lucky, they have yet to loose one of my packages.

Well, maybe it's just the DC section. I could see that one of the packages arrived in Washington, but it was simply not delivered. Fortunately I had ordered from Amazon, so I was reimbursed.

The worst experience I've had with the mail was my Cutthroat Island 2 CD set, which arrived about a month after I ordered it.

Adding insult to injury, I was stupid enough to buy it for 50 dollars on Amazon when it was available on Varese Sarabande's website for half that.

I feel for you, KM.

The worst experience I had was buying Fitzwilly/The Long Goodbye off eBay for like 14 bucks. After I placed the order eBay notified me saying the item has been removed from listing. So I'm like "WTF? I already paid for it!" I contacted the guy telling him what happened, and he's like he doesn't know what's going on but guaranteed that I would get my CD. It shipped from Lithuania, so it took awhile to get here. It eventually arrived, and it was a stupid CDR. Good thing I didn't pay some enormous amount.

Still no set?! MUAHAHAHA :devil:

Careful about other people's misfortunes Koray. After all karma can be a bitch.

I don't believe in karma, and either way I was just messing with KM. I just find it ironic that the guy who wants this set the most hasn't received it yet. But seriously, no hard feelings KM. It sucks when your packages take forever or get lost.

The worst experience I had was buying Fitzwilly/The Long Goodbye off eBay for like 14 bucks. After I placed the order eBay notified me saying the item has been removed from listing. So I'm like "WTF? I already paid for it!" I contacted the guy telling him what happened, and he's like he doesn't know what's going on but guaranteed that I would get my CD. It shipped from Lithuania, so it took awhile to get here. It eventually arrived, and it was a stupid CDR. Good thing I didn't pay some enormous amount.

Next time, lodge a dispute about it. If you pay through PayPal, they'll look after you and you can be entitled to a refund.

I'm sat here now listening to TOD, and I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but does anyone else hear the almost painful high pitched whine during "To Pankot Palace"? It starts on track 8 almost dead on 1:21. It's most noticable around 2:13, but it's there right until the end of the track. It's causing me to skip it every time. :blink:
There is a 17khz tone running throughout To Pankot Palace - it starts at 1:21 (after The Scroll completely fails to segue into it).

I just noticed this whining sound, too, and it really bothered me. I used Audacity to notch out most of the offending frequency, which is roughly 13.5 KHz. Here are the instructions:

1. Open the track for The Scroll/To Pankot Palace with Audacity, which is a free download.
  2. Select the audio from 1:21 to 4:26.
  3. Choose Nyquist Prompt from the Effect menu.
  4. Paste this into the text field: (vector (notch2 (aref s 0) 13500 15) (notch2 (aref s 1) 13500 15))
  5. Click okay and let the effect process.

This will eliminate the worst of the whining without detracting too much from the high frequency range of this cue.

I know I'm almost 41 and my hearing probably isn't as good as a 25 year old person but I don't hear any painful high pitch whine. I've listened with 3 different pairs of earphones, I've even asked my wife and daughter to listen and they don't hear anything either.

Ear damage also does the trick.

i dont think zimmer writes excellent music so i suppose my hearing is very fine.

On a serious note, when doing hearing tests for the medical test for the job, i excell at them.

The more and more I listen to the boots I edited myself with the gracious help of some great people here, the more the boot tracks from TLC and TOD stand out. They never stood out so much in my old TLC boot, even to the point that I didn't mind the click track, but the difference in sound is grating.

Well my daughter has excellent hearing and my wife is about 10 years younger than me with much better hearing than I have so maybe those who are hearing it have sensitive ears when it comes to high frequencies.

I'm not doubting anyone because it's obvious there are some problems, given all the discussion related to other technical issues with this set.

Well my daughter has excellent hearing and my wife is about 10 years younger than me with much better hearing than I have so maybe those who are hearing it have sensitive ears when it comes to high frequencies.

I'm not doubting anyone because it's obvious there are some problems, given all the discussion related to other technical issues with this set.

I'm 27 and I don't hear that high frequency either and I've got pretty good hearing for the most part. I don't know why some hear that high frequency but you're probably right some are more sensitive to higher frequencies then others.

Like me for instance I can't stand high pitched noises since it hurts my ears...but as I said I can't hear that high frequency.

I still think it may depend on what gear your listening on. If your one of these people that like maxed out treble,then maybe you can hear stuff like that.

Some headphones clearly favor treble,some midrange...

Interesting. The frequency is pretty noticeable to me on these headphones, though I wouldn't say it's piercing. It's easiest to hear when the music is sparse, e.g. at 2:16.

Is it possible there are some pressings with it and some without?

Digital media doesn't work that way.

Neil

What I meant was, is it possible that they printed a bunch of CDs, then somebody noticed the tone, so they quickly made a new master w/o the tone, and pressed new CDs, without ever destroying the original run?

It's definitely there, but it's such a high frequency that it's more of a subtle annoyance rather than an obvious gaffe. It gives me a headache, but its not blatantly conspicuous. It reminds me of those pet repeller things that use high frequencies to keep dogs away. I went to a friend's house one time and he had one. I was the only person that could hear the sound, and I had a really bad headache for hours. I wouldn't go back until they got rid of it.

It's clear to me that the high frequency sound has been placed there subliminally by the government in order to control members of the population who listen to film scores, who are less likely to buy albums from the Top 40, which are laced with countless sinister mind control frequencies anyway.

It's clear to me that the high frequency sound has been placed there subliminally by the government in order to control members of the population who listen to film scores, who are less likely to buy albums from the Top 40, which are laced with countless sinister mind control frequencies anyway.

I disagree.

It's definitely there, but it's such a high frequency that it's more of a subtle annoyance rather than an obvious gaffe. It gives me a headache, but its not blatantly conspicuous. It reminds me of those pet repeller things that use high frequencies to keep dogs away. I went to a friend's house one time and he had one. I was the only person that could hear the sound, and I had a really bad headache for hours. I wouldn't go back until they got rid of it.

My local council installed a high frequency emitter at the local shops, to stop kids hanging around outside and being a nuisance. Whenever the shopkeeper turned it on, after about half an hour all the kids would leave with headaches! I like to imagine them all looking like Michael J Fox did in that bit in Teen Wolf with the dog whistle. Anyway.....

Glad I'm not going crazy and a couple of other people have heard it too. There are a bunch of other scores and recordings in my collection that also have high frequencies running through them, no doubt simply a result of recording or mastering methods. But for some reason this one really got to me. I shall now go about getting rid of it!

I reversed my ToD CD rip using Audacity and listened to it. I didn't notice anything too strange like that, but my mother keeps asking what happened to the cat. I honestly don't have a clue.

You know, I didn't want to mention anything, but after listening to ToD I suddenly found myself somewhere in eastern Montana next to two oddly shaped bodybags and a man in a suit thanking me for my work.

I can hear that sound, but it's really only so subtle that I had to specifically look for it (maybe my hearing capability is diminished ;-)). I doubt that I will get a headache because of that.

Okay, I've just about finished pitch-correcting Raiders. Its definitely easier using the DCC as reference. The only tracks I haven't touched yet are the new ones: Washington Men/Indy's Home, Bad Dates, and Indy Rides the Statue.

Since I have nothing but the movie to compare it to (I don't have the leaked Raiders) it might take a little longer to get them right, so give me a few days for the last 3 cues.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

1. Main Title: South America, 1936 --- - 8.7 cents

4. Flight From Peru --- - 6.2 cents

5. Washington Men / Indy's Home ---

6. Journey To Nepal --- - 10.9 cents

7. The Medallion --- - 3.7 cents

8. Flight To Cairo --- - 2.1

9. The Basket Game --- - 5 cents

10. Bad Dates ---

11. The Map Room: Dawn --- - 27 cents

12. Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well --- - 2.2

13. The Well Of The Souls --- - 12.7 cents (actually closer to 12.74, but impossible to acheive)

14. Indy Rides The Statue ---

15. The Flying Wing --- - 7.4

16. Desert Chase --- 0:00 - 2:08 --- - 1.8 cents

16. Desert Chase --- 2:08 - 5:33 --- - 4.9 cents

16. Desert Chase --- 5:33 - end --- - 14 cents

17. Marion's Theme --- - 8.1

18. The German Sub --- + 2.9 Cents (Yeah, its true.)

19. Ride To The Nazi Hideout --- - 4.5 Cents

20. Ark Trek --- - 2.2 Cents

21. The Miracle Of The Ark --- 0:00 - 1:20 --- - 8 cents (still in flux)

21. The Miracle Of The Ark --- 1:20 - end --- - 1.5 cents

22. Washington Ending/Raiders March --- - 4.5

My local council installed a high frequency emitter at the local shops, to stop kids hanging around outside and being a nuisance. Whenever the shopkeeper turned it on, after about half an hour all the kids would leave with headaches! I like to imagine them all looking like Michael J Fox did in that bit in Teen Wolf with the dog whistle. Anyway.....

Glad I'm not going crazy and a couple of other people have heard it too. There are a bunch of other scores and recordings in my collection that also have high frequencies running through them, no doubt simply a result of recording or mastering methods. But for some reason this one really got to me. I shall now go about getting rid of it!

Meh, I find that annoying. Not the sound itself, but how it's used. If I was in a shop, and someone turned it on, I would just turn on my MP3 player and block it out.

Although, I think using that thing against teens ended up worse off for adults(such as teachers), since teens started using is as a ringtone, making the teacher oblivious.