Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

Is the ominous music from 0:31-0:40 Hitler's motif?

Sorry for coming in so late to conversation, but...Hitler has a motif?? What track are you referring to?

Sometimes I seriously think I'm the only, lonely, depressed sod out there in this world who doesn't have a single complaint about this thing, doesn't think about cutting and pasting from crappy sources or pitch-correcting by a quartertone, and just enjoys it.

:)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for coming in so late to conversation, but...Hitler has a motif?? What track are you referring to?

To the blimp

the motif appears 2 times:

0:29-0:36

0:48-1:16 (several times in a row)

Its what we (or at least I) assumed was the zeppelin or airport 'theme'

To the blimp

the motif appears 2 times:

0:29-0:36

0:48-1:16 (several times in a row)

Its what we (or at least I) assumed was the zeppelin or airport 'theme'

Ah, thank you!

Sometimes I seriously think I'm the only, lonely, depressed sod out there in this world who doesn't have a single complaint about this thing, doesn't think about cutting and pasting from crappy sources or pitch-correcting by a quartertone, and just enjoys it.

No you're not the only one. The only thing I did was combine the cues on disc 5 with their scores when I loaded them on iTunes and put them in order as is.

Indeed. For all the complaining I've done (nowhere near as psychotic as some though...), I've done surprisingly minimal editing. I'm just happy to own this music finally.

Above all - we've got 4 scores here, 3 nearly complete, in Williams' arguably finest period. I got mine for £24, which is about $35, and works out at £6 per score. That's staggeringly low for a single score CD over here - I have trouble finding cheaper than that on ebay...

Concord could be accused of messing up certain technical/creative aspects, but they can't be accused of milking us like the makers of the Dark Knight 2-CD release. This is a great value set.

even for the somewhat crazy price of $74 dollars (that was with Tax included and for me to get it on time at a local specialty shop) I still consider it a bargain!

Loving this box set!

J Moss

Indeed. There's great stuff on the 5th disc that didn't have to be included (although it could have been filled up a lot more too).

I really haven't done that much editing, other than inserting the disc 5 material:

Raiders- replaced Raiders March concert and Desert Chase with DCC versions, inserted The Mummy Cave and Through the Wall alternates, combined The Idol Temple/Escape from the Temple and The German Sub/Ride to the Nazi Hideout

ToD- combined multiple cues, inserted old DVD rips for remaining unreleased cues

LC- inserted remaining unreleased and source cues from boot, edited On The Tank into Belly of the Steel Beast

When you're not going crazy about the pitch issues, it really wasn't that much work. Just doing a DVD rip of Indy 4, especially with the wonderful pre-viz stuff, was more work than all of these combined.

I stayed up until 4 AM the other night editing this puppy, and am only now getting around to listening to the mad edits I did for ToD. I'm so glad that SoundForge has Crossfade and Mix pastes, or this would have been a lot lot harder. Although I haven't made any pitch adjustments yet.

I spent more time editing the Jungle Chase than I did on this entire set.

Assuming I do no more edits, my changes stand as (in addition to arranging disc 5 appropriately):

Raiders: Added some DCC tracks and the 'fake' 'Indy Rides...'

ToD: Edited Out of Fuel and Slalom together, added The Map alt insert and re-recordings of Parade of the Slave Children, and Finale (including the interpolation)

Crusade: Added 5 tracks from the best sounding boot.

KotCS: Rearranged & renamed half the tracks, added Warehouse Escape, Spalko's Dossier, Jungle Chase, Over the Cliff and Knowledge Was Their Treasure

Talking briefly about prices again, look at this asshole : link.

Hmm, Amazon US shows 'discontinued by manufacturer'.

Play.com only lists Fellowship in stock, and at £10!. Looks like TTT and RotK have fallen into oblivion again.

But back to Indy, I don't want another diversion.... :)

They're "oop" again? WTF I thought Reprise/Warner had put more out there. Damn it I hope this is temporary because I wanted to buy Fellowship and The Two Towers after the New Year.

Well, I haven't seen anyone posting this kind of info anywhere, so I'll give it a shot.

These are some preliminary pitch correction numbers for those interested. I absolutely love the set, and its the first time I've ever owned these scores, so every track has been a revelation.

However, I have a really good ear, and the pitch problems on some tracks are killing me. So I decided to take a stab at ironing them out. While there is perhaps a very, very slight change in the quality of the sound when correcting the pitch, if you have a good program, it won't be noticeable. Hell, even within the same program, you can use two different methods and get two different results. I'm using Acid Pro, and a VST Plug-in for pitch correction.

Note: these are not final or definitive by any means. They are merely approximations arrived at by comparing between the films, DCC Raiders, and my own ear. I may alter these further, but these sound good to me for now. If anyone else has had better results than these, please post the info. These are some of the worst offenders, but I will be scrubbing through every track from Raiders and ToD.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

The Map Room: Dawn --- - 27 cents

Desert Chase --- 0:00 - 2:08 --- - 1.8 cents

Desert Chase --- 2:08 - 5:33 --- - 4.9 cents

Desert Chase --- 5:33 - end --- - 14 cents

Temple of Doom

Short Round Helps --- + 7.5 cents (still in flux)

Return To The Village --- + 17 cents (still in flux)

End Credits --- - 7.5 cents

More to come.

Jonny, this is great stuff, keep it coming!

I don't think the leaked version was a concorde version.

I don't either

They're "oop" again? WTF I thought Reprise/Warner had put more out there. Damn it I hope this is temporary because I wanted to buy Fellowship and The Two Towers after the New Year.

I think Doug Adams posted on his blog that they weren't discontinued, but there were issues, and the manufacturer is trying to get them out as soon as possible.

Anyone know why the fanfare in "Water!" in the film which plays over the wide shot of Indy/Willie/Shorty escaping the tunnel onto the cliff isn't included in the set? :)

I know, nothing major, just curious if it's tracked or something.

It's 11m1 Insert

http://themusicofthelordoftheringsfilms.bl...ility-fall.html

http://themusicofthelordoftheringsfilms.bl...ty-fall_25.html

Well ROTK is still available:

http://store.warnerbrosrecordsstore.com/pr...431C165CB690E59

Well, I haven't seen anyone posting this kind of info anywhere, so I'll give it a shot.

These are some preliminary pitch correction numbers for those interested. I absolutely love the set, and its the first time I've ever owned these scores, so every track has been a revelation.

However, I have a really good ear, and the pitch problems on some tracks are killing me. So I decided to take a stab at ironing them out. While there is perhaps a very, very slight change in the quality of the sound when correcting the pitch, if you have a good program, it won't be noticeable. Hell, even within the same program, you can use two different methods and get two different results. I'm using Acid Pro, and a VST Plug-in for pitch correction.

Note: these are not final or definitive by any means. They are merely approximations arrived at by comparing between the films, DCC Raiders, and my own ear. I may alter these further, but these sound good to me for now. If anyone else has had better results than these, please post the info. These are some of the worst offenders, but I will be scrubbing through every track from Raiders and ToD.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

The Map Room: Dawn --- - 27 cents

Desert Chase --- 0:00 - 2:08 --- - 1.8 cents

Desert Chase --- 2:08 - 5:33 --- - 4.9 cents

Desert Chase --- 5:33 - end --- - 14 cents

Temple of Doom

Short Round Helps --- + 7.5 cents (still in flux)

Return To The Village --- + 17 cents (still in flux)

End Credits --- - 7.5 cents

More to come.

Jonny, this is great stuff, keep it coming!

Thanks Jason. I do plan on continuing, but I might have to give my ears a rest for a day or two at least. Its starting to all run together. I definitely finished the entire Return to the Village/End Credits sequence. The pitch corrections seem right on, at least to my ear. Right in the pocket.

Return to the Village --- + 11.5 cents / + 0.115

End Credits --- - 7.7 cents / - 0.077

Next, I want to go through Raiders and find all of the tracks that need correcting. I don't think every track needs it, but some sound a little sharp/fast to me. If anyone has a list of the tracks that are off pitch, please post it. The first thing I'm doing before that is to finish Temple of Doom. Only the first portion of Short Round Helps from the beginning to about 1:15 or so needs pitch correcting. The rest sounds okay to me as compared to the movie.

I'm really happy with the results I've gotten. The tracks still sound crisp and clear, and I can't detect any noticeable loss of clarity from the pitch correction. The mix on these discs really is superb.

I don't need ROTK, got that. I just need just Fellowship and The Two Towers. Luckily for me the same guy who bought ROTK for me (and I paid him back) will be buying me a copy of The Two Towers.

By the way this was posted on Doug's blog on November 25th.

I'm told we should have definitive word on this issue very shortly. It's been stressed to me that these sets are NOT discontinued at all; the problem should be resolved directly. If you were planning to pick up a box set or two for the holidays, be good for goodness sake: don't turn to price gougers or unsavory sources! Hang in there a little longer.

More to come...

Anybody else in love with the Raiders march variation at 4:08 of "Short Round Helps?"

I think ToD probably uses the Raiders March more than any other Indy score.

Anybody else in love with the Raiders march variation at 4:08 of "Short Round Helps?"

yes,it was the single most moment I wanted on this box set

I almost finished compiling and editing my own personal editions. I'm quite happy with the result. Raiders and Last Crusade required minimum efforts, while ToD was a bit more demanding.

Listening to the various ToD pieces segueing one into the other is a breathtaking experience. This is one helluva score! ;)

I hadn't noticed that yet ,about 11m1 inset

Really? It's always been in the film, was pointed out in the first post of the TOD Cue Names thread, and was included in my revised editing packages... ;)

I also included some lego game files in the revised packages that contain some of it

St. Cecilia is the patron saint of music, you can ask her to intercede.

and when she fails you can say

St. Cecilia you're breaking my heart, you're breaking my confidence baby,

Oh St. Cecilia, I'm down on my knees I'm begging you please....

Im getting it Friday KM, course I won't listen to it until Christmas Day.