Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KM you should tell this schister organisation you bought it from to reimburse you for the shipping charges.

you're easier on them than I would be Neil. If you want quality service you have to demand it. KM's wait was near legendary and therefore completely unacceptable. You and I both have been in the shipping industry and in a business situation this would be serious problem, it shouldn't be treated any lighter because it was for personal use.

Joe, there are no guarantees with standard mail sent to another country. Complaining to Screen Archives isn't going to accomplish a thing. They didn't transport it. The post office did. Go complain to them. That'll go far.

Neil

Neil, I'd get my money back on the shipping, no doubt. couse I'd have made a better choice on shipping than KM did.

wrong Vosk.

why don't you quit while your ahead, since you've never worked in the purchasing and shipping industry before. There times and ways consumers can win.

Screen Archives is not at fault here. Mark got what he paid for. If Screen Archives had put the wrong address on the box, then yes, they would be liable for that, no doubt. Screen Archives is in no way responsible for the time it took and no carrier is responsible for customs delays (if there were any).

Who should I complain to about my dad getting his Father's Day card last week?

Neil

Yes, that'll work. Sit on Mr. T's lap and tell him you want your money back.

mrt_nancy_reagan.jpg

I was displeased that when my CDs were shipped, I got no information about tracking number or carrier regarding my order. The email from 17 November said:

"We thought you would like to know that your order (...) has been shipped today. If you are a USA customer please wait two weeks to inquire about an order not received and overseas customers please wait 30 to 45 days. Any questions please e-mail info@screenarchives.com and include the order number. Thank you and we look forward to your future orders."

So KM, your wait was unpleasant but not as long as it could have been. To hit the 45 day mark, you might have been looking at next week sometime to inquire about the order. Getting it could have taken even longer.

Although KM, you've got nothing to lose by asking them to refund your shipping money. If done diplomatically enough, they'll subscribe to "the customer is always right" and try to make it up to you. They're a big company, it's the least they can do, but even if they say "tough luck," I think SAE has lost you as a customer already.

wrong Vosk.

why don't you quit while your ahead, since you've never worked in the purchasing and shipping industry before. There times and ways consumers can win.

I may not work in the purchasing and shipping industry but I damn well know that most of the time it's not the place of fault that the person got it from IE: KM buying the Indy set from Screen Archives.

I've used the post office millions of times by sending and receiving packages if a person got a package late or the package was delayed it wasn't my fault, it's the post office's fault. Everyone is a mercy of the post office or customs and in this case KM was at the mercy of customs.

Joe, there are no guarantees with standard mail sent to another country. Complaining to Screen Archives isn't going to accomplish a thing. They didn't transport it. The post office did. Go complain to them. That'll go far.

Neil

Again Neil speaks the truth here.

Ya, I'm sure KM is listening to the set now...while Mp3's are okay for a substitute they can't beat uncompressed CD's even I can tell the difference between a compressed mp3 source and an uncompressed CD.

I JUST RECEIVED MY BOX SET

;)

Praiseluejah! And now, finally, with the last ingredient in place, all of the chaos of the world shall cease, and stability shall finally reign. That's right, we were all waiting for that *$&@ed boxset to arrive!

Admit it, after you opened it, you smelled it to see if it smelled of leather, didn't you? It's okay to admit to that.

Neil

I'm not going to complain to anyone. It's Canada Post that have a poo service

There should be somekind of tracking number on these things though.

Other online soundtrack houses give tracking numbers. In two purchases from SAE, I have yet to see one. So it's a balance between being able to wait in nervous agony for my shipment to arrive, and wanting to actually remove my credit card from my wallet instead of using convenient Paypal.

Through USPS, a tracking number can't be given to packages going out of the country. If it were delivered by UPS, FedEx or some other carrier then that would be one thing. Through USPS tracking numbers are generally given to those only inside the United States. All though I don't think SAE does tracking numbers for even US customers, I could be wrong.

That's Canadians for ya. They celebrate Thanksgiving one month early, and Indiana Jones Soundtrack day one month late. Do you guys do anything in the month of November?

Well we do have Remembrance day on Nov 11.. .basically like Veterans day in the states.

I'm not going to complain to anyone. It's Canada Post that have a poo service

There should be somekind of tracking number on these things though.

He's right Canada Post can sometimes take packages and lost them in what can only be called a space time vortex... Even so it's about time it showed up!!

J Moss

My box set was actually roped with some other parcel that was delivered with it. It might have been sitting there somewhere in a postal office for a while. Smaller parcels are delivered my the mailman not the truck, so I wonder if they "choose" what they want to carry on a given day until and after few weeks they finally carry it over if their bag is not to filled up. I think there's a lot of laziness and "minimal effort" mentality going on at Canada Post .The personnel is a bit apathetic when you go to an outlet in person.

Well,read this:

http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=1049194

This Canada Post mailman did not deliver 100000 letters because he was to lazy to climb stairs .That is an extreme case ,but It goes to show how slack the regulations are if it took 6 years to find out.

I've already listened to the box set music about a dozen times. It was just about getting a hold of my physical c.d.'s .I ripped them to my PC in WAV to make edits and checked for scratches (there aren't any).

I like the construction on the box EXCEPT they could have used another digipak for the 5th disk.What were they thinking

O Canada!

Our home and native land!

True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,

The True North strong and free!

From far and wide, O Canada,

We stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

Well,read this:

http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=1049194

This Canada Post mailman did not deliver 100000 letters because he was to lazy to climb stairs .That is an extreme case ,but It goes to show how slack the regulations are if it took 6 years to find out.

:lol: :lol:

I've already listened to the box set music about a dozen times. It was just about getting a hold of my physical c.d.'s .I ripped them to my PC in WAV to make edits and checked for scratches (there aren't any).

I like the construction on the box EXCEPT they could have used another digipak for the 5th disk.What were they thinking

They should have just made 'em all jewel cases.

I rather like the jewel case that holds the PC game "Far Cry," at least the $20 version I bought at Walmart. It opens from both sides, like the El Cid jewel case, but it has enough fold-open panels to hold the five or six CDs needed to install the game, and a little instruction booklet.

O Canada!

Our home and native land!

True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,

The True North strong and free!

From far and wide, O Canada,

We stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

BlameCanada.jpg

There's something oddly poetic, how Mark was the last person to receive his set. It's a nice, tidy way to end this thread so we can all get on with our lives.

That's right, now we can celebrate the holiday season! Oh man.

wrong Vosk.

I may not work in the purchasing and shipping industry but I damn well know that most of the time it's not the place of fault that the person got it from IE: KM buying the Indy set from Screen Archives.

I've used the post office millions of times by sending and receiving packages if a person got a package late or the package was delayed it wasn't my fault, it's the post office's fault. Everyone is a mercy of the post office or customs and in this case KM was at the mercy of customs.

Vosk I guarantee you have never used the post office millions of times. :lol: